WCCO: U Of M Students Rally In Support Of Claeys Firing

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per WCCO:

Students and community members gathered at the University of Minnesota Wednesday afternoon in support of the athletic department’s decision to fire head football coach Tracy Claeys.

Claeys was fired Tuesday evening following a season riddled with sexual assault accusations and suspensions.

The rally, planned prior to the news, was originally named “Stand With Survivors – Fire Coach Claeys.” It began at 12 p.m. at Morrill Hall.

Organizers changed the name to “U of M Stands With Survivors.” They said they felt it was important to continue as a way of showing support for sexual assault victims and raising awareness.

“The decision to fire Coach Claeys is a step in the right direction and it’s a step as students reclaiming our campus climate, and reclaiming the dignity and respect of female students and all students,” Trish Palermo said.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/01/04/u-of-m-rally-for-survivors/

Go Gophers!!

Was that video after or before (sound not working here) because it looked like 24 ... 25 people.

This witch hunt won't make anyone safer, and it won't by one iota reduce the chance of a similar incident happening on campus. Tracy Claeys was just about the last person on campus who was an engine for sexual violence.

I'm still not sure why the mobs chose to make TC their target, when Kaler and Coyle were both certainly questionable in their handling of the situation, were bigger fish, and were ultimately more responsible for this. I do believe that if TC were staying they would have turned their ire on admin, which is part of why he got canned.

This witch hunt won't make anyone safer, and it won't by one iota reduce the chance of a similar incident happening on campus. Tracy Claeys was just about the last person on campus who was an engine for sexual violence.

I'm still not sure why the mobs chose to make TC their target, when Kaler and Coyle were both certainly questionable in their handling of the situation, were bigger fish, and were ultimately more responsible for this. I do believe that if TC were staying they would have turned their ire on admin, which is part of why he got canned.

+1 Lipservice "let them eat cake" ummm I mean throw them a bone is what much of this is about. I haven't heard a thing about prevention.

Several dozen showed up for this? What a joke, and Kaler and Coyle fell for it! These two idiots are the biggest set of boobs in Minnesota

the irony of 25 millennial students wanting a coach fired because of a poorly worded tweet

Top Bottom