WBB: Replacing Amanda

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...sketball-teams-toughest-task-replacing-amanda

From Marcus Fuller's media day recap:

Who replaces Zahui B. at center?

The Gophers still don't know the answer with the Nov. 13 season opener against Wofford just a week away, but the competition right now is between 6-foot-3 freshman Annalese Lamke and 6-3 sophomore Jessie Edwards.

Junior college transfer Karley Barnes would be in the mix, but she still is recovering from an ACL injury suffered in February.

"Someone who is going to (replace) Amanda is going to be a newcomer," Stollings said. "They have a lot of opportunity to step in and play right away."

Honestly, I don't think there is any replacing Zahui. She was quite the talent.

Honestly, I don't think there is any replacing Zahui. She was quite the talent.

You got that right.

I really think she would have benefited from an extra year or two with Gophers. Needs to improve footwork. She could be really good down the road.

A Borton recruit who is studying to be a doctor. Great kid, but doesn't fit the up and down play of Stollings.

I went to a Q/A with Stollings and she politely said Josie was not ready to play this season. AZB sat on the bench for most of the WNBA season with Tulsa and could have positioned us for a deep run in the tournament.

Top Bottom