WBB: Annalese Lamke: MN Daily Article

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.mndaily.com/sports/womens-basketball/2016/01/25/lamke-earns-starting-spot-center-gophers

When Gophers freshman center Annalese Lamke heard about head coach Kathi Bennett’s resignation at the University of Northern Illinois last April, she moved on from her commitment to the school.

That led the Galesville, Wisc., native to neighboring Minnesota, only two and a half hours from her hometown and even closer to her brother Chandler, a football player at the University of St. Thomas.

“I’m only 15 minutes away from him,” Lamke said. “My brother’s one of my biggest fans. We’re basically best friends, so I’ll be able to watch his football games, [and] he can come watch all my basketball games. So it’s a perfect thing.”...

“I’ve been working a lot on my conditioning and just doing a lot of extra conditioning outside of practice in the season,” Lamke said. “Just making sure I’m locking in and really working hard on my defense and knowing my plays, so when I’m in the game, I can run them to perfection.”

Top Bottom