Watch what you wish for

meizmax

Reaction score
I'm an avid Boilermaker fan and alum, but also an avid Big Ten Fan. I was thrilled when Minnesota landed Tubby Smith as their coach and have watched Minnesota become a competitive team again since his arrival. You are getting good talent and have a much deeper bench than you ever had before coach Smith. Give your coach a break, he has had to endure numerous suspensions and now the Nolan issue. There isn't a team in the Big Ten that can weather the storm your team has gone through and not suffer a few additional losses. Your TALKING NCAA tourney these days, it wasn't that long ago the tourney wasn't even in the conversation. The difference between winning and losing is so small that it doesn't take a lot to tip the scale. Get behind your team and your coach through the tough times and then appreciate the good times when they come. Coach Smith is a national elite coach and deserves better than some of your bandwagon "fans" give him credit for. By the way, I was on your post trying to see if by chance Nolan was going to get a second chance from the NCAA and was really disappointed to see so much negativity towards your coach. You guys have a good team, its just that all the pieces didn't fall into place this year.

I'm an avid Boilermaker fan and alum, but also an avid Big Ten Fan. I was thrilled when Minnesota landed Tubby Smith as their coach and have watched Minnesota become a competitive team again since his arrival. You are getting good talent and have a much deeper bench than you ever had before coach Smith. Give your coach a break, he has had to endure numerous suspensions and now the Nolan issue. There isn't a team in the Big Ten that can weather the storm your team has gone through and not suffer a few additional losses. Your TALKING NCAA tourney these days, it wasn't that long ago the tourney wasn't even in the conversation. The difference between winning and losing is so small that it doesn't take a lot to tip the scale. Get behind your team and your coach through the tough times and then appreciate the good times when they come. Coach Smith is a national elite coach and deserves better than some of your bandwagon "fans" give him credit for. By the way, I was on your post trying to see if by chance Nolan was going to get a second chance from the NCAA and was really disappointed to see so much negativity towards your coach. You guys have a good team, its just that all the pieces didn't fall into place this year.

Agreed. 100%. Thanks meizmax.

It's sad that even a Purdue fan (not a knock at you meizmax) has more confidence in our team than we do.

So, where do you live? Dinkytown or Stadium Village?

I'm also a Boiler fan and happy to see we have gotten over our January slump. 18-3, not bad.

Anyone talking about how Tubby is a failure and anyone that is ready to run him out of town is a fool. If we have Mbakwe, White and Nolen this year, we're probably a Top 25 (or right on the fringe) team for the entire year. Give the guy a break.

Anyone talking about how Tubby is a failure and anyone that is ready to run him out of town is a fool. If we have Mbakwe, White and Nolen this year, we're probably a Top 25 (or right on the fringe) team for the entire year. Give the guy a break.

If they were as good as advertised, I would be willing to bet we would be a top 15 team right now, and had been in the top 10-20 all year.

I agree, the sky has not fallen, but I also think there are some reasons for concern. I am hopeful things turn around.

I think the group of trolls that invaded here need to remember that you reap what you sow. I don't think there are many teams that can say they aren't a few inches away from disaster every year.

Great post.

Top Bottom