WATCH OUT Morgan State Can Play

pinkmartini

Reaction score
Number 11 Reggie Holmes can play the game and score, he has scored over 30 points 3 times this year....
If you thought tonights game would be ho hum, wrong, I predict an up and down game tonight with some great basketball skills visible on the court.

Agreed, I think it'll be a close, competitive game. Hopefully the old maroon and gold can pull one out.

LOL!! Was this supposed to be a sarcastic post?

Morgan State is TERRIBLE!

After 7 minutes, Holmes is their leading scorer with 0 points.

Myron twittered and thought the game would have been delayed because they arrived so late. I don't think they got here until 20 some minutes before game time. Caught in traffic like everyone else.

Just got done watching the game. LOTS of fouls. And by lots, I mean LOTS. But at least the guys got some free throw practice in. :p

Gophers jumped out 18-0 in the first seven minutes and as a result, it was never really a game. Final score was 94-64. In regards to Morgan State, I really liked their power forward Kevin Thompson. That kid plays really hard. Had 17 points and 19 boards I think. Holmes was a little out of control at times and took a ton of shots. But he can definitely score the ball when given the chance.

As for the Gophers, pretty ho-hum, business-like approach for the most part. Still, it's nice to pound a team that had previously beaten Arkansas and had only lost to Louisville by nine.

Yeah I heard some game ops lady mumbling something about their team getting here very soon before gametime because of the traffic and weather which may have played a role in their performance.

So Can Minnesota

Number 11 Reggie Holmes can play the game and score, he has scored over 30 points 3 times this year....
If you thought tonights game would be ho hum, wrong, I predict an up and down game tonight with some great basketball skills visible on the court.

Nice 30 point W for Gophers tonight.

Nice 30 point W for Gophers tonight.

I hate to play the pessimist. But, lets not forget that the Gophers jumped out to a early 18-0 lead and late in the 2nd half it was still only an 18 point lead, before freethrows put it away.

I hate to play the pessimist. But, lets not forget that the Gophers jumped out to a early 18-0 lead and late in the 2nd half it was still only an 18 point lead, before freethrows put it away.

Morgan State wasn't fouling to get back in the game.

I really liked their power forward Kevin Thompson. That kid plays really hard. Had 17 points and 19 boards I think.

Agreed, this kid is tough. Battled with the big guys all night and more than held his own. The technical by Eddie the ref was really lame at that stage of the game. I think Hightower heard the ref under the basket telling Thompson to quit talking and play right before the free throws... Then in typical Eddie fashion, he calls a foul and a technical when the ref under the basket was calling a jump ball - Eddie overruled him - he just has to make sure everyone knows he's out there - lame.

Also, I haven't see the Barn that empty to start a game since Monson was here.... I hate when they schedule 6pm starts to begin with. Add the snow and it is really tough to get there.

Give me Thompson, you can have Holmes

I'd take Thompson on my team. A big guy that can rebound & isn't afraid to mix it up. He'd look good in a Gopher uniform. He played a lot tougher than any of our bigs.

You can have Holmes (#11). The definition of a black hole. It pretty much went up every time he got the ball. A gunner & ballhog the likes of Chris Kingsbury. It's easy to see whyhe averages 23 ppg. It's hard not to when you shoot that many times, and that many bad shots. Some of them are bound to go in.

Morgan State is OK, I guess, they should win the MEAC. Sadly, they're probably the best team we've played at home, to date.

Agreed, this kid is tough. Battled with the big guys all night and more than held his own. The technical by Eddie the ref was really lame at that stage of the game. I think Hightower heard the ref under the basket telling Thompson to quit talking and play right before the free throws... Then in typical Eddie fashion, he calls a foul and a technical when the ref under the basket was calling a jump ball - Eddie overruled him - he just has to make sure everyone knows he's out there - lame.

Also, I haven't see the Barn that empty to start a game since Monson was here.... I hate when they schedule 6pm starts to begin with. Add the snow and it is really tough to get there.

He had already got in the refs face a couple of times. He earned the T.

I agree with FTB. The technical happened right in front of me. Hightower gave him a chance to zip it up. Eddie looked at him, clearly told him not to say another word, but Thompson continued to yap.

Commandment #11: Thou shalt not try show up Ed Hightower. :)

We pretty much stopped our full court press once we were up 18-0. If we really wanted to, we could have continued the press and ran up the score.

Many, Many, Many years ago when I was a Junior in High School, we won a game 59-12. High point scorer for the opponent was a kid with 3. Yes, it actually happened.

Win by 30 and some people still complain. :( Oh Well!

Um, I hate to break it to you, but it was never a game and was never competitive in any way, shape or form. And any free throws that were hit didn't "put the game away." The game was put away in the first seven minutes.

Top Bottom