Washington Post: Gregg Doyel and Debbie Yow savage Gary Williams

I should be surprised but being it's Doyel, I'm really not.

This is pretty funny. Always good to hear a reporter melt down like that. The more Williams ignores him the higher Doyle's blood pressure goes. Sounds like there's a lot of class involved here.

Doyel is an idiot. Most of the national college basketball columnists (Parrish, DeCourcy, Katz, O'Neil, Forde). ... I have a lot of respect for and I listen to what they have to say. Doyel's flat-out an a*s. I love seeing that Gary Williams has Doyel's undies in a bundle.

Doyel is an idiot. Most of the national college basketball columnists (Parrish, DeCourcy, Katz, O'Neil, Forde). ... I have a lot of respect for and I listen to what they have to say. Doyel's flat-out an a*s. I love seeing that Gary Williams has Doyel's undies in a bundle.

+1. All writers have their biases, whether they admit them or not. But most of them at least try to appear objective.

Can't stand either. Hope they both go down in flames together.

To me, Doyel is the epitome of the decline of sports commentary and certainly civility in the nation. A big statement, yes, and I do read his columns on occasion, so I contribute to his "clicks" but his shock jock tactics on cbs sportsline give him a national audience that is mind boggling to me-I'd expect to hear his schtick on a late night sports radio slot. His buffoonery is really astounding.

Doyel is the perfect example of someone who subsribes to the view that the more rude and in your face a writer is, the more brilliant, provocative, and insightful they are. In reality, all that approach does is make the writer a prime jackhole no matter how brilliant they may think they are.

Top Bottom