Was kind of hoping Gray didnt come in

Doc1001

Reaction score
Things were going along so smoothly it seemed to slow things down when Gray came in. And it wasnt Grays fault. I dont think its all that fair to Gray. First of all if he comes in I think he needs a whole series rather than for just one play-- for continuity. And the plays they call for him dont give him much diversity and a chance to make some explosive lays. . Neither one is his fault. I was ok with his role in previous games but in this game it seemed to hinder more than help. I really like Gray and think he will be excellent but his role in the last game didnt seem to help the team.

Things were going along so smoothly it seemed to slow things down when Gray came in. And it wasnt Grays fault. I dont think its all that fair to Gray. First of all if he comes in I think he needs a whole series rather than for just one play-- for continuity. And the plays they call for him dont give him much diversity and a chance to make some explosive lays. . Neither one is his fault. I was ok with his role in previous games but in this game it seemed to hinder more than help. I really like Gray and think he will be excellent but his role in the last game didnt seem to help the team.

He's a change of pace right now, but they are trusting him more and more.
They'll tweak the mix little by little. He did have a near touchdown run that was called back for a phantom hold on Kuznia. The perimeter spread option was working better than the read or the wildcat Sat. I think they can run some variations on this to take advantage of the D keying on him. The fake option pass was good, but the throw was too far, that play could be killer if things get rolling for him in a game.

I was hoping just the opposite. Brewster should be able to find ways to take advantage of Grays athletic skills even when Weber is going
good. Gray has a stronger and more accurate arm than Weber. Let's start using it.

I was hoping just the opposite. Brewster should be able to find ways to take advantage of Grays athletic skills even when Weber is going
good. Gray has a strongerYes and more accurate arm No, sorry than Weber. Let's start using it.I think they will more and more

They'll get the O rolling once Gray gets more comfortable with passing and they have already seen how a D reacts to the running plays they have in for Gray, a gameplan can be set up to take advantage of the reaction of the D to Gray's running(ex take away the zone read then playaction the zone read, take away the spread option, run a reverse or the spread option pass like they tried on Sat.

I liked the change of pace, and especially the fact that they kept bringing Gray in on 2nd downs, generally the down where the defense has the toughest time guessing pass or run. That we ran the ball almost every time he was in, was not real exciting, but it kept the Spartans honest and they definitely had to account for Gray at all times. Too bad his long run got called back on the Kunzia hold. If nothing else, it was exciting to see.

I like the rotation and it requires the opposing DC more to prep for. I would like to see him air it out 3 to 5 times a game. I wonder if we will see him at WR again. Gray reminds me of AP as he has the potential to get big yards. If I were the DC I would key my SS on Gray.

Bogus call on the hold from Kuznia. MSU fans have nothing to complain about losing this game because of the officials. Gray got robbed on that call. I only wish they let Gray throw it more. He's starting too, but our recievers have to be wide open with the defense focusing on Gray.

He's a change of pace right now, but they are trusting him more and more.
They'll tweak the mix little by little. He did have a near touchdown run that was called back for a phantom hold on Kuznia. The perimeter spread option was working better than the read or the wildcat Sat. I think they can run some variations on this to take advantage of the D keying on him. The fake option pass was good, but the throw was too far, that play could be killer if things get rolling for him in a game.

If you think that was a "phantom hold" on Kuznia, then may I suggest you buy and read "Football for Dummies."

I thought the hold on Eslinger was the worst in the game!

If you think that was a "phantom hold" on Kuznia, then may I suggest you buy and read "Football for Dummies."

He had his arms inside the shoulders, was pushing the guy over and 15 yards after Gray went by, the MSU player stumbled back and reached for Gray who was now at the goalline, then there was jersey stretched and the hold was called. At the point of attack, when a hold would have affected the play it was clean.
Refs need to let the game play out, it was a disgrace to the game of football that so many flags were thrown Saturday to basically control the pace and attitude of the game. That's not the ref's job, it's to penalize obvious rule violations, not manage the back and forth flow of the game.

He had his arms inside the shoulders, was pushing the guy over and 15 yards after Gray went by, the MSU player stumbled back and reached for Gray who was now at the goalline, then there was jersey stretched and the hold was called. At the point of attack, when a hold would have affected the play it was clean.
Refs need to let the game play out, it was a disgrace to the game of football that so many flags were thrown Saturday to basically control the pace and attitude of the game. That's not the ref's job, it's to penalize obvious rule violations, not manage the back and forth flow of the game.

very well said, you also forgot that that flag came from the back judge who was about 30 yards away, and that same guy must have called half the non false start penalties. Absolute embarrassment.

That is not well said. Unless the rules have changed, you can't be holding onto a player if your hands go outside your shoulders. The defender had moved his body toward gray. At that point Kuznia should have responded by letting go and pushing him.

Top Bottom