Was anyone guarding Kobe on Wednesday?

Otis

Reaction score
Sports Illustrated rates Kobe's last game as his second best game of his career! What a joke! Here is a quick comparison of his performance vs. Wilt's 100 pt. game.

Player FG 3PT FT PTS

Kobe 22-50 44% 6-21 28% 10-12 83% 60

Wilt 36-63 57% N/A 28-32 87% 100

I just don't see why people are so amazed by his final game. He took almost every shot for the Lakers and judging by his low FT attempts in 50 FG attempts he sure didn't get contested very much.

Look at how many FTs Wilt took! Maybe I'm just a bitter Minnesotan, pissed the Lakers left town, but I cry Bull$#!+ on Kobe's great game.

Who gives a F, nobody is saying 60pts, OMG you need to play one more season. Back when I wanted a lot more NBA (10-15 years ago) the dude was amazing.

Kobe

I never liked Kobe the person. I tend to not like Kobe the basketball player either. I much prefer people who pass and try and make others better (Magic, Lebron). I do have to give it that Kobe is probably the second best wing scorer to Jordan ever.

He was playing against a .500 Utah team who didn't have pf Favors, c Gober, or SG burks playing. I don't think Russell or Randle will miss this kobe Bryant in the future. Kobe took 50 of the Lakers 85 shots. 21 of their 25 (3) pointers. To me this is just fine and it epitomizes his career. When he's on he was on-stoppable, as he got older, he couldn't change his attempts to compliment anyone.

Sports Illustrated rates Kobe's last game as his second best game of his career! What a joke! Here is a quick comparison of his performance vs. Wilt's 100 pt. game.

Player FG 3PT FT PTS

I just don't see why people are so amazed by his final game. He took almost every shot for the Lakers and judging by his low FT attempts in 50 FG attempts he sure didn't get contested very much.

Look at how many FTs Wilt took! Maybe I'm just a bitter Minnesotan, pissed the Lakers left town, but I cry Bull$#!+ on Kobe's great game.

Maybe

Player FG 3PT FT PTS

IF you had watched the game or maybe if you had any perspective, you might have a deeper appreciation for the accomplishment. Number one, they won the game (they are a bad team). Kobe scored 15 of the last 17 points to will his team to victory. It was his night. Everyone in the building wanted Kobe to shoot and score...the fans, his teammates and coaches all were imploring him to shoot. He is 37 years old. He has come off three years of season ending injuries. He trains harder than any athlete and yet his body and performances failed him much of his final season. Scoring 60 points in his final game is close to a miracle...nobody saw it coming, including Kobe in his wildest dreams. It was his announced final game, there is pressure attached to that. He is not 7 feet two inches tall. And countless other points you seem unable to appreciate why it was special.
And to your point whether they attempted to guard him? Yes, they did valiantly. There was no hint of anything similar to the Washington Generals. There was frustration they couldn't stop him despite focusing to do so. Next, you'll say you don't appreciate Steph Curry either...he shoots too much.

Nobody really guarded him, but does anyone in the NBA? Also, when someone did guard him, there were multiple blatant moving screens not called. But I assume it's par for the course. It's also why I watch almost no NBA regular season. Glorified horse contests.

IF you had watched the game or maybe if you had any perspective, you might have a deeper appreciation for the accomplishment. Number one, they won the game (they are a bad team). Kobe scored 15 of the last 17 points to will his team to victory. It was his night. Everyone in the building wanted Kobe to shoot and score...the fans, his teammates and coaches all were imploring him to shoot. He is 37 years old. He has come off three years of season ending injuries. He trains harder than any athlete and yet his body and performances failed him much of his final season. Scoring 60 points in his final game is close to a miracle...nobody saw it coming, including Kobe in his wildest dreams. It was his announced final game, there is pressure attached to that. He is not 7 feet two inches tall. And countless other points you seem unable to appreciate why it was special.
And to your point whether they attempted to guard him? Yes, they did valiantly. There was no hint of anything similar to the Washington Generals. There was frustration they couldn't stop him despite focusing to do so. Next, you'll say you don't appreciate Steph Curry either...he shoots too much.

I didn't watch more than the first few minutes of the game, but I suspect a lot of Utah's frustration was centered on being eliminated from the playoffs an hour before this game. I think the announcers even commented on how Utah typically focused on getting to the rim on offense but that they came out shooing more jumpers than normal. Can't imagine a valiant effort from a short handed team playing for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All that said, I never like rapists. So glad to see him gone.

Top Bottom