Ward and Rock?

Reaction score
Whatever happened to Trabis Ward? Scout has him as uncommitted. Last i heard he was waiting on test scores. Any updates?

Also, i see Fritz Rock is still uncommitted. Anyone know where he's going to go? I know the door to the Gophers is mostly closed, but he seemed like a polished young man and i wish him the best.

Thanks

Whatever happened to Trabis Ward? Scout has him as uncommitted. Last i heard he was waiting on test scores. Any updates?

Also, i see Fritz Rock is still uncommitted. Anyone know where he's going to go? I know the door to the Gophers is mostly closed, but he seemed like a polished young man and i wish him the best.

Thanks

Ward got a 1700 (out of 2400) on his SAT (the equivalent of a 25 on the ACT). Since then my understanding was he did not visit MN as planned and it seems like we're out of the running. McDonald (our old WR coach) was the primary recruiter of Trabis and the assumption is that having him leave hurt us with Ward.

No idea on Rock.

The Rock to Minnesota ship has sailed IMHO. It's been out of the harbor since Keise committed. As a Wayzata grad, I love Trojans on the team, but it seems like Mr. Rock's a nice kid who had his recruiting badly mismanaged.

Is he still holding his offer from Wyoming? Didn't they really want him for a while?

I am a little unfamiliar with the scores, are they high enough to be admitted here (if that were still a possibility?)

Ward got a 1700 (out of 2400) on his SAT (the equivalent of a 25 on the ACT). Since then my understanding was he did not visit MN as planned and it seems like we're out of the running. McDonald (our old WR coach) was the primary recruiter of Trabis and the assumption is that having him leave hurt us with Ward.

No idea on Rock.

I thought Ward got an 1130?!?!

I believe he reported something like 1160 but that was just on the math and verbal portions so it was out of 1600. He supposedly got 1700 on all three parts combined. These scores would not hold him back from being admitted.

more info on Ward's score

1130 for Math/Verbal only. 1700 with the new Reading section added. Either way it is a very solid score.

I am a little unfamiliar with the scores, are they high enough to be admitted here (if that were still a possibility?)

Definitely good enough for admission.

Here's the writeup Fuller did on his blog back on 2/12: http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers/2009/02/fourstar_back_receives_solid_t.html

Top Bottom