Walz is a Fraud on Covid LockDown

howeda7

Reaction score
He should win easily...
不不不不

Republicans taking away your choice to vaccinate your kids because FREEDOM!!!
Of course.....
The primary between Dr. Whacko and MyPillowGuy will be really something! Walz must be sweating bullets already...

Section2

Reaction score
False. You've defended big government republicans for years. When it's pointed out....you "yah but". The same things you whine about and accuse democrats for.....you ignore and shrug off when the right does. No principles at all. You like to claim to be a libertarian....but you only back that up when it's convenient and doesn't impact your right wing love fest.
Moving those goal posts. Defended. Youve certainly got quite the detailed narrative in your head about my positions, but you can never back it up with a single example.

Section2

Reaction score
Yup. Trump didn't care about the average American. Sure....he spoke more bluntly. But most of that was off the cuff trash that was almost entirely self promotion. How is that useful? Some people loved it because he didn't sound like your typical politician. But again....how the hell is that useful to anyone? Why would anyone celebrate that he had little idea what he was doing?

The tax cuts benefited the rich and the wealthy. Like you said....my taxes didn't change. Basically all of the deductions that I received for various things were replaced by the increased standard deduction. The tax cuts were sold under the guise of lower taxes for the average American....but really were a sham give away to the wealthy.

As for "drain the swamp".....has any group of people been duped harder than the repubs who parroted that lame quip? Trump didn't "drain the swamp" in any sense of the word. He installed his friends and family members in positions of power. He gave powerful positions to private industry wonkys like Devos and Dejoy.....both of whom had no business in those positions. Trump had the wealthiest overall cabinet in the history of the country. And still.....the rock biters continue to talk about "drain the swamp" as though it actually happened....just because Trump told them he did it.
Yes we can!
Build back better!
DeVos was his best cabinet pick by far. If you oppose her goal of school choice youd oppose her, but she is in no way an example of the swamp. Her wealth is totally irrelevant.
the swamp is lobbyists, special interests, career bureaucrats, federal agencies. Theres only one way to drain the swamp and thats to cut government which Trump didnt do. He didnt really even make significant personnel changes. But the swamp is a real thing and a real problem. Too bad he didnt go hard.

stocker08

Reaction score
Moving those goal posts. Defended. Youve certainly got quite the detailed narrative in your head about my positions, but you can never back it up with a single example.

You can play stupid all you want. Anyone who's been around the OTC knows that your principles are flimsy as hell and you commonly bend them in order to avoid criticizing the right. People don't forget.

stocker08

Reaction score
Yes we can!
Build back better!
DeVos was his best cabinet pick by far. If you oppose her goal of school choice youd oppose her, but she is in no way an example of the swamp. Her wealth is totally irrelevant.
the swamp is lobbyists, special interests, career bureaucrats, federal agencies. Theres only one way to drain the swamp and thats to cut government which Trump didnt do. He didnt really even make significant personnel changes. But the swamp is a real thing and a real problem. Too bad he didnt go hard.

Swampy. A wonky pick with an agenda. One of Trump's swamp creatures.

Section2

Reaction score
In 2016 he was a deeply principled Gary Johnson voter. But he loved Trump so much he nearly broke the machine voting for him in 2020. Now he's back to waiting to see. But if Trump is the nominee in 2024, we know what will happen.
This is a ridiculous lie. Ive never liked Gary Johnson.
And this is doubly rich coming from a guy who claims to be a Ron Paul supporter, finds every Ron Paul position laughable except the debt, and now defends Bidens 6T in additional spending in one year, and blames Republicans for not moderating him.

Section2

Reaction score
Betsy DeVos. The best!
School choice would do more to help inner city minority kids than every single left wing spending plan put together. Its a worthy goal, but Dems cant support it because of their devotion to the teachers union. The teachers union is so powerful, the cdc has to check with them before issuing guidance. But shes rich so shes bad.

STPGopher

Reaction score
I couldnt disagree more on both sides. In every way.
not really worth discussing the wall. Im talking political success as a political message and you arent.
its better for all Americans when more people are working and productive. Because we produce more goods and services which raises the standard of living in the country.
Regarding the wall, I agree. It isn't really worth discussing. Besides it is a simple yet complex issue. Regarding the Message I understood your point. It reminds me of a skit regarding how political parties name things. The democratic example had like fourteen words, the Republican one was like Tax cut bill. ;-)

I think most all agree that Low unemployment is best for the country. I worked many years supporting manufacturing, so I am very pro goods and services.

What will be interesting is the paths proposed in the future for high paying skilled labor jobs. Manufacturing is great, but processes have shifted so much from the old rust belt industrial era jobs. Still there, but not as plentiful as the past.

Section2

Reaction score
He's quick to defend any republican who would go against a libertarian standpoint...

I will say.....deuce 2-3 years back.....took a hard stance against the Trump tariffs.
You can play stupid all you want. Anyone who's been around the OTC knows that your principles are flimsy as hell and you commonly bend them in order to avoid criticizing the right. People don't forget.
Give me a single example where I defended a Republican against a libertarian standpoint. What you mean is that I defend Republicans against YOUR left wing attacks. And thats because you and the prog bros are almost always wrong. And even when you get a gift like Trump, you have to constantly invent things he didnt say. Drink bleach. Good Nazis. What Trump said most of the time was bad, but it just wasnt quite bad enough, and needed to constantly be embellished. And of course all the secret dog whistles that only progs could interpret.
but none of that went against any libertarian position. You cant find a single example and wont try.

Section2

Reaction score
Regarding the wall, I agree. It isn't really worth discussing. Besides it is a simple yet complex issue. Regarding the Message I understood your point. It reminds me of a skit regarding how political parties name things. The democratic example had like fourteen words, the Republican one was like Tax cut bill. ;-)

I think most all agree that Low unemployment is best for the country. I worked many years supporting manufacturing, so I am very pro goods and services.

What will be interesting is the paths proposed in the future for high paying skilled labor jobs. Manufacturing is great, but processes have shifted so much from the old rust belt industrial era jobs. Still there, but not as plentiful as the past.
The jobs of the future are more likely service and not manufacturing. But if we can produce way more goods with very little labor, thats good for everyone. If Everything is cheap, you dont need a high paying job to have a quality standard of living. Most of our goods and services are artificially expensive because of government intervention, like in healthcare. But if people have a job, have self respect and respect for others, work hard, have good morals, it doesnt matter how much money you have. You can have a happy and fulfilling life.

STPGopher

Reaction score
And "Build that Wall" was just a slogan someone told him to say. But people liked it. Same with "Drain the Swamp." He was a Carnival Barker saying what would get his crowd revved up. Nothing more.
https://www.businessinsider.com/steve-bannon-what-is-the-build-the-wall-campaign-2020-8

Edit: While I agree with your point, I think Section 2 did a pretty good job of articulating the attraction to Trump for many. I find it kind of interesting, because I am insulated in urban environments, and when I travel (rarely) I either go to another Urban area, wilderness areas, or out of the country save rural Minnesota.

Speaking of rural Minnesota, I wonder what happened there. So much of it went from DFL to Trump Republican. Major shift.

Last edited:

STPGopher

Reaction score
The jobs of the future are more likely service and not manufacturing. But if we can produce way more goods with very little labor, thats good for everyone. If Everything is cheap, you dont need a high paying job to have a quality standard of living. Most of our goods and services are artificially expensive because of government intervention, like in healthcare. But if people have a job, have self respect and respect for others, work hard, have good morals, it doesnt matter how much money you have. You can have a happy and fulfilling life.
Very little labor is kind of a double edged sword. Good for profits, but not so much for keeping people employed. I'll let the economists argue that one. I will let them discuss the if everything is cheap part as well. Reading that part (if everything is cheap) reminds me of small town America. Maybe some of this could work in a Micro economy? Not sure how it holds up in Urban and Suburban areas.

Not sure healthcare can morph from the current regulation which overall works to a non regulated industry.

I know Libertarians in the Medical Device industry and at least one thinks we need Government regulation in that industry to some level. I'd also tend to think many U.S. citizens would want that as well. I know that I would.

Having been to impoverished areas, I agree that you can have a 'good' life. Heck if the climate is right, a steady job isn't even that important if you have the right support system(s). It erodes quickly if you get sick though. Especially since poor areas don't have adequate sanitation or access to high level healthcare.

Peace!

STPGopher

Reaction score
The primary between Dr. Whacko and MyPillowGuy will be really something! Walz must be sweating bullets already...
Is MyPillowGuy running? Imagine if he won. The stress alone would be enough to have him become another Rob Ford.

howeda7

Reaction score
Is MyPillowGuy running? Imagine if he won. The stress alone would be enough to have him become another Rob Ford.
Why is he banging down the doors of the Republican Governor's Association and holding "Frank Talk: Trump Won! Rallies" if he's not?

You wouldn't take Rob Ford over him right now?

howeda7

Reaction score

Spoofin

Reaction score
And this is doubly rich coming from a guy who claims to be a Ron Paul supporter, finds every Ron Paul position laughable except the debt, and now defends Bidens 6T in additional spending in one year, and blames Republicans for not moderating him.
Wait! Howie lied?

Spoofin

Reaction score
I really have to wonder why you engage with that one anymore. Stalker is easily the most deranged poster on here. Lies, made up claims, and slurs are 90% of what he spews. Nonsense is the other 10%. Honesty and facts have no place. In case you havent heard, all those conversations end the same.

Section2

Reaction score
I really have to wonder why you engage with that one anymore. Stalker is easily the most deranged poster on here. Lies, made up claims, and slurs are 90% of what he spews. Nonsense is the other 10%. Honesty and facts have no place. In case you havent heard, all those conversations end the same.
Thats my line! He is on ignore. Sometimes I click the button.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Why is he banging down the doors of the Republican Governor's Association and holding "Frank Talk: Trump Won! Rallies" if he's not?

You wouldn't take Rob Ford over him right now?
Ha! I would, if he wasn't dead.

STPGopher

Reaction score
The iron range swung hard to Trump. Combination of his "jobs jobs jobs" talk and the Dems pushing too hard on the environment. The rest of the rural areas have mostly been drifting red for years. He accelerated it a bit in a few areas perhaps.
I knew it was drifting red, but "Trump that B!tch signs on lawns, and other stuff? I wasn't used to seeing all that in your face Trumpish stuff in Southern Minnesota. Times change.

howeda7

Reaction score
I knew it was drifting red, but "Trump that B!tch signs on lawns, and other stuff? I wasn't used to seeing all that in your face Trumpish stuff in Southern Minnesota. Times change.
True. There are STILL Trump signs up in central MN. I guess they're waiting for the results of the Bamboo Audit.

howeda7

Reaction score
You said you voted for him and not Trump, right?

I voted for Ron Paul in the 2012 primary, which you have accused me of lying about about 20 times. I didn't really claim to be a "supporter". I agree with him on fiscal issues to some extent. My preference in that election was Huntsman . He was not on the ballot.

I support the infrastructure bill if it's paid for, as I did for Trump. I'd prefer not to have done so much Covid stimulus, but both parties did it, so spare your fake outrage.

stocker08

Reaction score
Give me a single example where I defended a Republican against a libertarian standpoint. What you mean is that I defend Republicans against YOUR left wing attacks. And thats because you and the prog bros are almost always wrong. And even when you get a gift like Trump, you have to constantly invent things he didnt say. Drink bleach. Good Nazis. What Trump said most of the time was bad, but it just wasnt quite bad enough, and needed to constantly be embellished. And of course all the secret dog whistles that only progs could interpret.
but none of that went against any libertarian position. You cant find a single example and wont try.

We all saw you defend Trump nonstop. But a quick example.....

The Trump wall and his usage of imminent domain? Someone with principles that you claim would have had a lot to say about it. Nope. Dopey donkey deuce had no issues here.

howeda7

Reaction score
We all saw you defend Trump nonstop. But a quick example.....

The Trump wall and his usage of imminent domain? Someone with principles that you claim would have had a lot to say about it. Nope. Dopey donkey deuce had no issues here.
Imagine 2's rage if Biden built a wall through his Edina yard.

Section2

Reaction score

I voted for Ron Paul in the 2012 primary, which you have accused me of lying about about 20 times. I didn't really claim to be a "supporter". I agree with him on fiscal issues to some extent. My preference in that election was Huntsman . He was not on the ballot.

I support the infrastructure bill if it's paid for, as I did for Trump. I'd prefer not to have done so much Covid stimulus, but both parties did it, so spare your fake outrage.
I vote for lots of people that I dont like and that suck. The ballot usually has politicians on it.

how can you vote for someone and find every one of their positions laughable. It makes no sense. His fiscal issues involve cutting almost every major federal department, including the Fed. You support the elimination of the department of education? Energy? IRS? How can you support radical spending cuts but also be fine with 6T of spending as long as its paid for which it wont be. Waiting to see?

either you are just clueless and have no thoughts on anything, and just drift along with whatever CNN says or youre lying. And you probably arent lying.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I vote for lots of people that I dont like and that suck. The ballot usually has politicians on it.

how can you vote for someone and find every one of their positions laughable. It makes no sense. His fiscal issues involve cutting almost every major federal department, including the Fed. You support the elimination of the department of education? Energy? IRS? How can you support radical spending cuts but also be fine with 6T of spending as long as its paid for which it wont be. Waiting to see?

either you are just clueless and have no thoughts on anything, and just drift along with whatever CNN says or youre lying. And you probably arent lying.
Your last paragraph nails it. He is the definition of a sheep. He strongly believes what he is told to believe, that day. His critical thinking is limited to assuming people are lying when it doesnt fit what he is told to believe. Random Twitter posts are enough confirmation. Ds good. Rs bad. Antifa. Nothing Walz could have done. What border crisis? What crime surge? Sheep.

Section2

Reaction score

Fiscal issues. Howies new party.

Top Bottom