Walter Football Mock Draft has Vikings Taking Hageman at #11

BleedGopher

Reaction score
#11: Minnesota Vikings: Ra'shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
The Vikings drafted Sharrif Floyd, but they'll need another defensive tackle with Kevin Williams being an impending free agent.

Local product Ra'shede Hageman makes a big jump in my 2014 NFL Mock Draft, but it's well deserved, as he has been a terror this season.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

Go Gophers!!

That's definitely the highest I've seen him go in all the mock drafts. Most have had him in the late first round. I still think he is perfect as a DE in the 3-4.

That would be really foolish. I'll be surprised if he's taken in the first round at all. He may be projected there, but he'll fall on draft day. The 1st round of the NFL draft is for stud college players that can start day 1, if needed. Hageman is still a huge project for any team even though his athleticism at the position is off the charts. I watched Iowa push him 15 yards down the field on a few running plays. That won't get you in the 1st round. All that said, Ra'Shede still could turn it on the 2nd half of the year and be an all-american (and then be drafted in 1st round). I don't see it, but it could happen...

I believe they had Hageman going aabout #31 in the previous update. I don't see any reason for the jump at this point.

Vikings also went from #6 pick to #11 if memory serves me right.

Also has David Fales going from a late first round to 3rd round-82nd overall.

I would say chances are the 99% the Vikes will draft a qb in the first two rounds. No surprise there.

That would be really foolish. I'll be surprised if he's taken in the first round at all. He may be projected there, but he'll fall on draft day. The 1st round of the NFL draft is for stud college players that can start day 1, if needed. Hageman is still a huge project for any team even though his athleticism at the position is off the charts. I watched Iowa push him 15 yards down the field on a few running plays. That won't get you in the 1st round. All that said, Ra'Shede still could turn it on the 2nd half of the year and be an all-american (and then be drafted in 1st round). I don't see it, but it could happen...

false. early 1st round picks mostly yes. but those in this system are mostly spent on starting lineman/qb's because they're what poor teams really need. its not real often you say the worst team in the league is just needing a pass rusher and they'll be elite. dion jordan is hardly playing right now. ansah is primarily in on pass rush situations. eifert is a number 2 TE right now on his own team. basically you're expected to contribute off the bat. hageman can do that. he's probably not an every down guy yet, but he's worth a first rounder to several teams who could use his blend of skills to make an impact. the vikes could use him, but don't see them popping on him that early. if they traded down in the first i could see it. he gives them a pass rush up the middle which they sorely need. but i agree with you. he does need to show up more here in big ten play for that to happen. he had a huge OOC performance, but if he can't do it against better competition, he'll fall to the 2nd

I believe they had Hageman going aabout #31 in the previous update. I don't see any reason for the jump at this point.

Vikings also went from #6 pick to #11 if memory serves me right.

Also has David Fales going from a late first round to 3rd round-82nd overall.

I would say chances are the 99% the Vikes will draft a qb in the first two rounds. No surprise there.

trade up for teddy! or snag boyd a little later. we need a prototypical pocket guy who's comfortable there and can get the ball to the sidelines. its just the way our offense is designed. ponder doesn't fit the model

trade up for teddy! or snag boyd a little later. we need a prototypical pocket guy who's comfortable there and can get the ball to the sidelines. its just the way our offense is designed. ponder doesn't fit the model

Ponder doesn't fit any model.

Not sure what games they have been watching. I remember him disappearing most of the games and announcers picking him apart for not staying in his lane.

The Vikings drafted Sharrif Floyd, but they'll need another defensive tackle with Kevin Williams being an impending free agent.

Local product Ra'shede Hageman makes a big jump in my 2014 NFL Mock Draft, but it's well deserved, as he has been a terror this season.

Go Gophers!!

Not sure what games they have been watching. I remember him disappearing most of the games and announcers picking him apart for not staying in his lane.

He has played very well in most of the games. If you watched the game against Iowa, they had him double teamed for most of the day. That should open up some opportunities for other linemen.

I have a feeling the offense we have this year won't be the offense we have next year.

Sorry for furthering the derailment of this thread but I personally would like to see a read-option offense with someone like a Marcus Mariota for the Vikings. Can you imagine having to decide between staying home on a playmaking QB or crashing in on the best RB in the league?

Go Gophers!!

I get really confused when I read something like this. Shouldn't he be dominating a little more before he's considered a first round pick?

Third round pick at best. Don't believe the local media hype. He's a good player and has a great story but let's not get a sugar high from the Kool-Aid. Maybe you didn't watch the last game versus those pigf**kers from south of the border? Running backs running untouched through the first level again and again.

The Viking need a NT/zero technique DT but Hageman is not in the Vince Wilfork/ Phil Taylor class. He would be a good 2nd round pick for them. I see them picking in the top 10, picking a QB and this looks to be a great year for QBs . Marcus Mariota may not come out but if he continues to play well he would be an ideal pick. Tajh Boyd and UCLAs Brett Hundley are also possibilities. There is no chance the Vikings will have an opportunity to draft Teddy Bridgewater IMO.

Rashede has been playing just fine, I don't know if he still does but he led the entire big ten in tackles for loss after the 4 ooc games and has 2 blocked fieldgoals/extra points and at least 3 passes batted down, NFL scouts like d linemen that can bat down passes and maybe get a pick like JJ Watt, Rashede had a pick against western Michigan last year, and rashede will probably jump up at least 15 picks if not more after they see his combine results and his workouts

Third round pick at best. Don't believe the local media hype. He's a good player and has a great story but let's not get a sugar high from the Kool-Aid. Maybe you didn't watch the last game versus those pigf**kers from south of the border? Running backs running untouched through the first level again and again.

This isn't from local media.

If we were betting, I'd take the under on a third round pick. Even if he has just a so-so season, he will dominate at the combine and someone will take a chance on him partly due to his freakish athleticism for a guy that size.

I personally think he has been playing better than many here think. He's getting double-teamed almost every play.

The Vikings will have a top 1-3 pick so they won't be picking a DT with their 1st pick though they have plenty of holes to fill. They won't win more than 2-3 games so they should have great picks in each round.

The Vikings will have a top 1-3 pick so they won't be picking a DT with their 1st pick though they have planty of holes to fill. They won't win more than 2-3 games so they should have great picks in each round.

Exactamoondo!

If Josh Freeman does not work out the Vikings will be drafting a QB and not a DT. Jacksonville will draft Bridgewater but there are several other QBs who will go in roind 1. The draft is not until May this year so things will play out. Hundley, Mariota, Boyd and Msnzel are names to watch,

May have mentioned this a couple dozen times over the years, but: NFL draft is a mysterious creature. Most of us fans are not well suited to properly gauge pro potential. We care too much about winning and the immediate impact a player has on our game and favorite team. The scouts could care less about those things.

May have mentioned this a couple dozen times over the years, but: NFL draft is a mysterious creature. Most of us fans are not well suited to properly gauge pro potential. We care too much about winning and the immediate impact a player has on our game and favorite team. The scouts could care less about those things.

WTF

vikes won't be picking that early. jax and tampa will for sure have worse records. wouldn't be surprised to see pitt and ny ahead of us as well and maybe even buff or oakland

vikes won't be picking that early. jax and tampa will for sure have worse records. wouldn't be surprised to see pitt and ny ahead of us as well and maybe even buff or oakland

So you're taking the Vikings on Mon nite?

Top Bottom