Walk Ons will play a big role next year....

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I was just thinking about our depth for next season and we really could be seeing a lot from our walk ons / former walk ons.

-Mike Rallis will obviously be a starting LB.
-Aaron Hill will probably play quite a bit (he has played quite a bit and played well at the end of the season).
-Botticelli might be a starting DT.
-Heifort will likely see some snaps at TE.
-Haviland might be in the mix at S.
-Christensen will be in the mix at C (according to some article)
-Mottla will be in the mix at C and G.
-Mike Henry got a decent amount of snaps this season at HBack and should get more next year.

I was just thinking about our depth for next season and we really could be seeing a lot from our walk ons / former walk ons.

-Mike Rallis will obviously be a starting LB.
-Aaron Hill will probably play quite a bit (he has played quite a bit and played well at the end of the season).
-Botticelli might be a starting DT.
-Heifort will likely see some snaps at TE.
-Haviland might be in the mix at S.
-Christensen will be in the mix at C (according to some article)
-Mottla will be in the mix at C and G.
-Mike Henry got a decent amount of snaps this season at HBack and should get more next year.

Caleb Bak should get some snaps at G.

Haivland was introduced today as a Senior. Too bad as he would be nice to have back at safety and special teams.

does anyone know what kind of talent we have for in-state recruiting for 2012-2013? I know much of our walk-ons come from the surrounding area's obviously, so does Minnesota have any Juniors that really stand out? We probably won't have nearly the amount of athletes as we had from this years Minnesota class.

I didn't notice, was Haviland introduced as a senior at the game? I know with walk ons, they sometimes just introduce them as seniors when their 4th year is up (because they might not pay for an additional year), but Haviland certainly has eligibility left, I think he even has 2 years left.

Wettstein is in the same boat, he is set to graduate, but he does have another year of eligibility left if he decides to play another semester.

PS: Good call on Bak, he slipped my mind.

does anyone know what kind of talent we have for in-state recruiting for 2012-2013? I know much of our walk-ons come from the surrounding area's obviously, so does Minnesota have any Juniors that really stand out? We probably won't have nearly the amount of athletes as we had from this years Minnesota class.

Yeah, I talked about it in another thread, so sorry for those who this might be redundant. The 2013 class is actually really good. It's not as good as 2011 (in my novice opinion), but it has a couple really high end guys.

Michael Flowers - DT - Humboldt (probably a high 3star), he is a freak, 6'5" 280 and athletic. I haven't seen him play, but I am definitely going to a Humboldt game next year.

Keelon Brookins - WR - Tartan (maybe a 4 star). He is probably the best player in the class.

Chris Wipson - LB - Wayzata (he'll get a D1 scholarship)
Reinke - DE - Eden Praire
James Onwualu - RB - CDH
Jack Cottrell - LB - Eden Praire
Mitch Underhill - RB - Wayzata (Will likely be too small for the U)
Khammarath - WR - Humboldt
Shawn Schindler - LB - Hutch
Warren -DE - Providence Academy

I haven't seen all of these guys play and I know virtually nothing about the outstate guys, but these are some of the best players in the state.

Brookins will absolutely be a BCS conference player (I said the same thing about Webb last year, so take it with a grain of salt).
Onwaulu is a very good player. I think he's a Big 10 quality player. He does everything well, catches the ball, runs hard, blocks, he's explosive, etc.
Flowers - - I haven't seen him, but I heard he is REALLY impressive.
Khammarath --- I saw him play as a FR for Simley and he was extremely elusive and fast. I'm excited to see how he has improved as a player.
Wipson - - - He's a D1 guy. I think he's as impressive as Tarpley and Laurinitas were in HS. He's big (already 210), tough, mean good tackler
Cottrell - - - He seems more athletic than Wipson but not as imposing of a player. I've only seen EP a couple times, and he did stand out.
Reinke - - - - He looks good.

Yeah, I talked about it in another thread, so sorry for those who this might be redundant. The 2013 class is actually really good. It's not as good as 2011 (in my novice opinion), but it has a couple really high end guys.

Michael Flowers - DT - Humboldt (probably a high 3star), he is a freak, 6'5" 280 and athletic. I haven't seen him play, but I am definitely going to a Humboldt game next year.

Keelon Brookins - WR - Tartan (maybe a 4 star). He is probably the best player in the class.

James Onwualu - RB - CDH

I haven't seen all of these guys play and I know virtually nothing about the outstate guys, but these are some of the best players in the state.

Brookins will absolutely be a BCS conference player (I said the same thing about Webb last year, so take it with a grain of salt).
Onwaulu is a very good player. I think he's a Big 10 quality player. He does everything well, catches the ball, runs hard, blocks, he's explosive, etc.
Khammarath --- I saw him play as a FR for Simley and he was extremely elusive and fast. I'm excited to see how he has improved as a player.
Wipson - - - He's a D1 guy. I think he's as impressive as Tarpley and Laurinitas were in HS. He's big (already 210), tough, mean good tackler
Cottrell - - - He seems more athletic than Wipson but not as imposing of a player. I've only seen EP a couple times, and he did stand out.

Great insight! Thank you!

James Onwualu - RB - CDH

Thanks for the info - means a lot to those of us who are 500 miles away!

Top Bottom