Waitlist

GopherRube

Reaction score
I know the waitlist starts on Monday, but does anyone know how many people get to pick seats per day? My seat selection time is Wednesday at 2:05 PM and I'm just wondering how many seats will probably be gone by then so I can get a better idea of where I want to sit. Thanks!

I know the waitlist starts on Monday, but does anyone know how many people get to pick seats per day? My seat selection time is Wednesday at 2:05 PM and I'm just wondering how many seats will probably be gone by then so I can get a better idea of where I want to sit. Thanks!

I am 84 on the list and pick at 11:35 on Monday. I would guess around 150 on the wait list the first day.

Let me ask this....

There are some great seats and parking spots available, are any of you planning to spend $775.00 ($275 + $500 donation) per seat to be in the middle of the field upper deck? I believe it is VERY fortunate that these seats are still available for Monday waitlisters.

I personally joined the season ticket holder status 4 years ago anticipating to build up my "Gopher Points" so I know for fact that I'll be at the TCF with great seats, well, lo and behold, my Gopher Points are no better than any of you waitlister that had no Gopher Points and decided to buy season tickets for the first time this year because your selections are just as good as my selections!

So for you waitlisters choosing your first season of Gopher football seats on Monday, consider yourselves very lucky to have great selections to pick from!

For those of you on the waitlist picking the $500 seats...

..remember you also then can buy a parking spot in the $1000 lots (2 seats) or $2500 lots (5 seats).

Or I think you can buy 2 $500 seats and then donate $1500 more to get a parking spot in the $2500 lots.

GM

Yea, I did a strategic gamble last year. I was debating on getting season tickets to guarantee seats in the new stadium. After realizing I'd be last in points, I took a chance on skipped tickets last year and faxed in my waiting list application the first day and can't wait to pick my seats tomorrow. I feel quite fortunate!

Yea, I did a strategic gamble last year. I was debating on getting season tickets to guarantee seats in the new stadium. After realizing I'd be last in points, I took a chance on skipped tickets last year and faxed in my waiting list application the first day and can't wait to pick my seats tomorrow. I feel quite fortunate!

Don, your betting paid off! Have fun pickin' em sweet seats! :clap::clap:

One way or the other, I'm just excited to see a SOLD OUT stadium!!

I just picked my seats (section 236, row 28) and am pretty excited. I was number 109 in line and picked at 12:30. It seems that lots of good seats remain.

I hope that those of you still hoping for seats make it in. I've toured the stadium a few times and think it is going to be a special place.

Congrats Rodent. My stadium map doesn't show number of rows. How close is row 28 to the top?

Jealous of all you season ticket holders. If I still lived anywhere near Minnesota, I'd be on the list.

Thanks,

Congrats Rodent. My stadium map doesn't show number of rows. How close is row 28 to the top?

Jealous of all you season ticket holders. If I still lived anywhere near Minnesota, I'd be on the list.

Thanks,

35 rows in both the upper and lower decks.

Only 35 non single $500 seats left. They are moving pretty well today.

Did anyone else get this to show up?

When I selected my seats a bit ago--in progress of selecting them, and after I clicked the "done forever" the same equation shows up for what I owe, which is basically nothing. Did anyone else get this? Did I get free seats? I'll be calling the Ticket Office tomorrow morning to clarify.

Seat Donation + Ticket Cost = Total Per Seat
Seat 1: 0.00 + 0.00 = 0.00
Seat 2: 0.00 + 0.00 = 0.00

Handling Fee: 10.00

Total: $10.00

I received an e-mail after selecting seats saying that I will be able to pay for the tickets the next day. Perhaps the cost will not be correct until that time.

Aero, I had the same problem and instantly started hyperventilating thinking I didn't get my seats. Called the ticket office and was told the computer crashed. Shouldn't be a problem. Is it too early to start tailgaiting? :clap:

Hey guys, I'm going to search the board for this same question but was hopeful someone could help me out...

Tomorrow my Dad and I are picking our seats. While there still are a bevy of good seat options we were intrigued by the "fee" seats. However, I'm curious what guys concluded when denying the open end, endzone seats. Maybe its just getting to the point where other seats aren't as good. But they are a tempting option at this point. I'm with you all on their shortcomings, but...
- great view looking back into packed stadium/students.
- area might develop into cool, self selecting niche of characters?
- close to the plaza, gathering areas.
- basically never looking into the sun. should receive sun, but not view inhibiting.

Just bouncing some ideas of the crew here. It's interesting, since its just us two, we are considering the "fee" seats. If not for us, then we can just accrue those Gopher points and roll back toward the upper corners next year. : /

Cheers

I think most of the seats left on the open end are related to the scoreboard, people want a good view of it, without having to turn around and look straight up. Also the plaza endzone seats while close to the action part of the time are a long way from the other end and at a very low angle. I have sat that low in the endzone at games in other stadiums and they are awesome about 25% of the game. The other 75%...not so much. I must admit I was tempted just for the easy access and chance to be that close at least part of the time.

The nice thing about the fee seats is you can apply the fee you are already paying to your parking option and get a choice tailgating spot.

I've sat low in the corner and end zones at the Metrodome and I agree that they are tough when the action moves to the other side of the field. Even when the action is on your side of the field (say, starting at about the 35 yard line going out) it can be difficult to tell the difference between a 2 yard gain and a 12 yard gain.

Top Bottom