Vs. Missouri In Insight Bowl?

Things are shaping up just as I thought they would - barring an upset in the Big 12 Championship, we're headed back to Tempe to face Mizzou.

The most interesting aspects to the bowl selection process comes from the ACC and SEC, which are toss-ups after yesterday's upsets. This matters to Iowa/PSU (whichever doesn't get into the BCS), Wisky and Northwestern, since those conferences will provide their bowl opponents.

Also, the Eagle Bank Bowl has a strange situation. Army, if eligible, gets a bid to their game. The Cadets have five wins, and a sixth would get them eligible, but they don't play Navy until December 12th - just a week before bowl season starts. The bowl will most likely have to offer a contingency bid to Marshall, and then wait and see if Army becomes eligible. If so, Marshall will stay home.

The more bowl games they add, the weirder it all becomes....

Losing big to mizzou when they are having a down year will not be fun to watch

the 15 add'l practices will help the team get better, though

no one in america will pick us to win this one-ugly, ugly, ugly

I'll go out on a limb and say the Gophers win

......the penalty battle 13 to 4. And everything else we will lose. Our o-line will open huge holes, for Mizzou d-linemen and linebackers to tackle everything. Our recievers will drop passes and run incorrect routes (seem to be consistant with that every week), and Weber will have no time in the pocket and run for his life as usual. Then, when the o-line stuns me and gives him time, he will overthrow his reciever or his reciever will do what all but Decker can do, which is run the wrong route, give up on the play or drop the pass.

I will say this, I expect the offense to do better next year, cause we'll be in year two of Jedd and players will be more comfy with the horrible playcalling and really, I can't see us doing much worse than this crap. If I were Brew, EVERY POSTION IS OPEN FOR BATTLE. Cause this crap offense needs a fire under their ass! And our defense will be a lot quicker next year, but will lack the experience that I'm sure will be needed.

If the Gophers show up ready to play on both sides of the ball, which hasn't happened since Evanston in late September, we'll have a good game on our hands. But the problems have been inconsistant play from half to half and a non-existant offense! Mizzou has outscored their opponents 30-25 and are 4-3 against bowl eligable teams. But they've scored 32+ points in their last 5 games.

The more bowl games they add, the weirder it all becomes....

The conference championships in the ACC and Big 12 are wierd too. It just hasn't worked as nicely for those conferences as it has for the SEC.

The K-State/ Nebraska game had me thinking.... what if a team like K-State were to go to the conference chamipnship, win, but still have only 5 or 6 total eligible wins? Can they still play in the Fiesta/ Orange Bowl?

It seems to me that the only way we don't play Mizzou in the Insight Bowl is if the Big XII has 2 BCS teams (requiring Nebraska upsetting Texas in the CC) and/or the Big Ten only having one BCS team (I don't know all the scenarios required for this to happen, but I know its theoretically possible).

drunkenMNgopher's moniker is appropriate. Please look back at the Iowa game and count one thousand one, one thousand two and so on every time Weber drops back to pass, especially in the second half. I'll not debate your other complaints, but not having time to throw is hogwash. Morte often than not he's had as much or more time than is needed to complete a play or take evasive action. While you're at it, take a look at a few other football games, not involving the Gophs, and do the same counting routine. All QB's face collapsing pockets and blitzes not picked up. Dealing with it is part of the position and one of the big reasons why most can't play there.

Top Bottom