Voter Suppression efforts in full swing

GopherJake

Reaction score
Well, SCOTUS blocked this one. Ds have blocked other ones. Is it possible it is just a bad agenda?
You just switched the discussion. I responded to your comment about looking for loopholes to pass bills.

Spoofin

Reaction score
You just switched the discussion. I responded to your comment about looking for loopholes to pass bills.
Come again.....
I'm not saying I disagree with you on the gist of your post, but is "our number one priority is to block <his> agenda" a good legacy?
I guess "this" one was a mix-up on which thread I was in --- but my response fits the bolded of your post. You can't blame only the Rs for "blocking his agenda" since Ds and SCOTUS are also "blocking his agenda". My point is that maybe it is just a bad agenda.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Come again.....

I guess "this" one was a mix-up on which thread I was in --- but my response fits the bolded of your post. You can't blame only the Rs for "blocking his agenda" since Ds and SCOTUS are also "blocking his agenda". My point is that maybe it is just a bad agenda.
I believe you are not following my comment. The R agenda, when Ds have power, since Barry was elected, is that job #1 is block anything and everything supported by Ds. With a 60 vote threshold needed for most things, that effectively locks government down. So, that is the recent history legacy for Rs in Congress. You commented on looking for loopholes as bad legacy. So, what choice do they have if they want to advance anything, when the strategy is to block everything? If it's bad legacy to look for loopholes, then it follows that it's bad legacy to block everything, which leads to looking for loopholes in the first place.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I believe you are not following my comment. The R agenda, when Ds have power, since Barry was elected, is that job #1 is block anything and everything supported by Ds. With a 60 vote threshold needed for most things, that effectively locks government down. So, that is the recent history legacy for Rs in Congress. You commented on looking for loopholes as bad legacy. So, what choice do they have if they want to advance anything, when the strategy is to block everything? If it's bad legacy to look for loopholes, then it follows that it's bad legacy to block everything, which leads to looking for loopholes in the first place.
I get what you are saying, but it is a huge stretch, IMO. You are claiming that the Rs are "blocking his agenda" simply because they want to "block his agenda" (i.e. Job #1). I am saying that maybe they are "blocking his agenda" because it is a bad agenda. I am even offering support of that position by pointing out that not only Rs, but also Ds and more recently SCOTUS, have also "blocked his agenda."

• Love
Reactions: KGF

GopherJake

Reaction score
I get what you are saying, but it is a huge stretch, IMO. You are claiming that the Rs are "blocking his agenda" simply because they want to "block his agenda" (i.e. Job #1). I am saying that maybe they are "blocking his agenda" because it is a bad agenda. I am even offering support of that position by pointing out that not only Rs, but also Ds and more recently SCOTUS, have also "blocked his agenda."
Yeah, you aren't reading what I'm writing. Get back to me when you understand better my point.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Yeah, you aren't reading what I'm writing. Get back to me when you understand better my point.
Was your point not that the Republicans have made it their mission to block anything and everything Biden puts out there? That blocking his agenda is job #1?
The R agenda, when Ds have power, since Barry was elected, is that job #1 is block anything and everything supported by Ds.
I'm afraid that you may be the one who isn't reading what is written.

• Haha
Reactions: KGF

scools12

Reaction score
It appears the point being made here is since the Obama days when Ds are in power the Rs have blocked the Ds agenda so the Ds have no choice but to look for loopholes to pass their agenda.

Which I assume means when the Rs are in the power the Ds are all cool about it and the Rs agenda is passed right on through in all in the name of bipartisan.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I think that is literally what you said. So yeah, I don't understand your point...
Clearly. Let's just move on. I was just trying to teach you a lesson that isn't really that important.

scools12

Reaction score
They are on their second hungry strike because the first one worked so well.

My favorite bit from the story- “I'm sure everyone here shares this sentiment that this hunger strike is easier to endure than the consequences of not passing this bill,"

I guess the prospect of dying from hunger is worth not needing an id to vote. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear that there is no consensus on the idea to carve out an exception to the filibuster. In fact, as far as I know, the idea is dead. So you can stop painting the entire left side of the aisle with the same brush. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem. Right now, you are quite obviously part of the problem.
I’m not painting the left side of the aisle with the same brush. Sinema has my respect. Manchin is just playing smart politics, Biden lost WV by gigantic majorities. The rest of them get the brush.

Section2

Reaction score
They are on their second hungry strike because the first one worked so well.

My favorite bit from the story- “I'm sure everyone here shares this sentiment that this hunger strike is easier to endure than the consequences of not passing this bill,"

I guess the prospect of dying from hunger is worth not needing an id to vote. 🤷‍♂️
If they are like the average American, it’s going to take months for them to die of hunger.

scools12

Reaction score
The leftists for all their hyperbole don’t care one bit about voting rights. They care only about padding their numbers.

They sent an unpopular old guy old there to scream at and accuse those that disagree with him of being segregationists and racists and expected this to be taken seriously.

Wally

Reaction score
The leftists for all their hyperbole don’t care one bit about voting rights. They care only about padding their numbers.

No, most just want fair elections. You just think everyone is a pos just like you, a common mistake humans make.

Spoofin

Reaction score
No, most just want fair elections. You just think everyone is a pos just like you, a common mistake humans make.
Yes, all the Ds want is fair elections and they only gerrymander because they have no choice. We have been told already.

Wally

Reaction score
Yes, all the Ds want is fair elections and they only gerrymander because they have no choice. We have been told already.

I didn't say all but all you have to do is look at who is pushing non partisan commissions. I have never EVER seen a righty on here argue for nonpartisan redistricting or anything similar, hmm wonder why?

Part of this is also a problem of people staying in politics to long, once you get comfy you do anything to maintain that position, yes dems do it to sometimes. Another reason for term limits.

kg21

Reaction score
According to you loony lefties, there has never been a fair election ever. Some people may have waited in line in years past and the districting had be totally dysfunctional.

You are such little snowflakes.

scools12

Reaction score
The dude who basically referred to another poster’s teenage daughter as prey, defended pedophiles and wishes death on those that disagree with him calls someone else a POS. Classic

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
I didn't say all but all you have to do is look at who is pushing non partisan commissions. I have never EVER seen a righty on here argue for nonpartisan redistricting or anything similar, hmm wonder why?

Part of this is also a problem of people staying in politics to long, once you get comfy you do anything to maintain that position, yes dems do it to sometimes. Another reason for term limits.
States with independent commissions are in green. Notice all but 2 went to Biden. And Idaho and Montana don't have much to fight over.

1642281557060.png

TRF Guy

Reaction score
The dude who basically referred to another poster’s teenage daughter as prey, defended pedophiles and wishes death on those that disagree with him calls someone else a POS. Classic
Nail on head

Wally

Reaction score

😘😘😘😘

Wally

Reaction score
Bunch more who know they can't respond to my argument. Stay weak....

Top Bottom