Voter Suppression efforts in full swing

kg21

Reaction score
Waiting at the DMV is bullshit also, I do 90% of my dmv stuff online or thru the mail.

It's priceless to see righties arguing for lines and broken systems.
Lines......LMAO

Wally

Reaction score
It's lies in the power of it's people? WTF?

We are a white, racist nation. Haven't you heard. We are evil.

I want number one without worrying about hurting China's feelings. I want number one with things like fewer regulations, building and growing it in the US and on and on.

I want it through terrible means? Where the hell did you come up with that?

It can't be the people, sir. We are an immoral, racist people. Wake the hell up.

You can't make an argument so you default to this garbage. It's quite sad and pathetic.

kg21

Reaction score
You can't make an argument so you default to this garbage. It's quite sad and pathetic.
Well by saying I want the US to dominate, I was told I was wanting to do it Germany style. Oh, fu-k ya, that's exactly what I meant. Oh, the drama and hyperbole some of you loons can come up with. I guess I was supposed to argue that. What's the point, when you have a nut job post like that?

He wants it done by the people....you and yours tell us we are an old, white, racist nation continuously. I'm a little baffled how our people can do it. Our people are evil.

And listen, you little bit, let's say I did want to do it German style. That would mean death and destruction, which your bit supposedly craves. Can you play your bit just one time. Just once? I would have thought you'd have loved the idea.

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
True. He's no fan of democracy or voting. And equal rights are a low priority that can always be put off a few decades if needed.
You were half right. I firmly believe in equal rights as you know.

scools12

Reaction score
We have one party demanding to pack the SCOTUS, wanting to federalize state and local elections and eradicate their political opponents from existence. Yet that same party is going to lecture us about democracy, fairness and how evil the other side is.

You can’t make it up.

cncmin

Reaction score
My post had nothing to do with cheating. It was about the parties supposedly changing sides.
So you think we should employ fair voting systems across the board, then?

cncmin

Reaction score
There are dozens of examples in this thread of the impact of these changes. You don't give a $%% because it helps your team win. You could man up and just admit that.
The best way to combat this is for blue states to gerrymander thoroughly too, to remove the severe advantage the cheating has created for the Republican cheaters. I’d rather there were better ways to stop this, but Republican political hacks installed in the judiciaries have already prevented the most appropriate pathways.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Again, the Ds just gerrymandered their way to 6 more seats and the Ds are on here are yelling about R voter suppression. :rolleyes: This is just another example of the Ds accusing the Rs of doing exactly what the Ds are doing. This effort by the Ds is the worst action since the civil war. It is a threat to our democracy. The Ds are evil.

Spoofin

Reaction score
The best way to combat this is for blue states to gerrymander thoroughly too, to remove the severe advantage the cheating has created for the Republican cheaters. I’d rather there were better ways to stop this, but Republican political hacks installed in the judiciaries have already prevented the most appropriate pathways.
⬆️⬆️⬆️
Sure the Ds are cheating - but they have no choice!!!! Bat. Sh!t. Crazy.

Go4Broke

Reaction score

What the average citizen can do to prevent the demise of democracy in America

Vote, Protest and Connect

Barbara Walter is a professor at the University of California San Diego and has a new book out, "How Civil Wars Start and How to Stop Them."She's among those who have warned the country's democracy is in a dangerous place. When I asked her what everyday Americans could do to protect democracy, she sent back a thoughtful and lengthy email, which I'll boil down to a few key points.

Vote. Even in presidential elections, there are millions of Americans not taking part in the democratic process. The share of nonvoters is even larger in midterm elections, and larger still at the local level. "If they voted it would perhaps change the makeup of Congress and break the minority's hold on power in many places," Walter said.

Protest. Walter pointed to research from Harvard University and argued that nonviolent protest is an effective tool for change. "It would be very, very hard for politicians to refuse to reform our democracy if even 3 percent of Americans continued to protest in the street until changes were made," Walter said. "Americans did that during the civil rights era, when citizens demanded equal rights and freedoms for African Americans, and the government responded, satisfying a desire for equity and justice."

Connect. "Americans have begun to realize how fragile our democracy is and take action to preserve it," Walter said. "It is at the local level—in churches, voluntary associations, and grassroots groups—that we can once again come together and relearn the power of citizenship and community."

Get Engaged

There are plenty of activist groups looking to bring more Americans into the political process. RepresentUs is a group that vows to fight corruption at the federal level and enact laws at the local level. It is pushing for the national voting standard that Democrats are trying to figure out how to pass through the Senate.

"Keep informed with multiple credible news sources, and participate in the conversations happening in your community," RepresentUS CEO Joshua Graham Lynn told me in an email. There are plenty of reports on the kinds of civil servants, poll workers and volunteers who make democracy run being targeted and quitting.

"If you see your local election officials, school boards, poll workers and other guardians of democracy under attack, show up to support them. That can be anything from sending a quick email of support to going to community meetings," Lynn said.

I'll add here that you can call your local election office and see if there are positions that need filling. We know from Steve Bannon that Trump supporters are looking to get into as many election-related positions as possible. "In this period of heightened anxiety, it can be tempting to tune out the world. But we truly need all hands on deck to make sure our democracy doesn't crumble," said Lynn.

Don't Generalize. Accept Facts.

Being respectful and honest is not, and should not be, partisan. One of the more interesting developments this week was former Vice President Dick Cheney -- once vilified by Democrats as Darth Vader -- appearing on Capitol Hill to show support for the January 6 investigation, which his daughter Rep. Liz Cheney is helping to conduct.

In the Wall Street Journal, the Republican spinmeister Karl Rove wrote that Democrats and Republicans have responsibilities to truth and civility. Proving the point that Democrats need to separate Republicans of goodwill from those who stormed the Capitol, he admitted his own party has more work to do.

I was shocked to see these words come from Karl Rove: "I've been a Republican my entire life, and believe in what the Republican Party, at its best, has represented for decades. There can be no soft-pedaling what happened and no absolution for those who planned, encouraged and aided the attempt to overthrow our democracy. Love of country demands nothing less. That's true patriotism."

Last edited:

Go4Broke

Reaction score
Fair is a child’s word.

Only right-wing extremists who are happy to live in a world that isn't equitable, impartial, unbiased, unprejudiced and nondiscriminatory for everyone need to have the word "fair" defined for them.

Last edited:

cncmin

Reaction score

What the average citizen can do to prevent the demise of democracy in America

Vote, Protest and Connect

Barbara Walter is a professor at the University of California San Diego and has a new book out, "How Civil Wars Start and How to Stop Them."She's among those who have warned the country's democracy is in a dangerous place. When I asked her what everyday Americans could do to protect democracy, she sent back a thoughtful and lengthy email, which I'll boil down to a few key points.

Vote. Even in presidential elections, there are millions of Americans not taking part in the democratic process. The share of nonvoters is even larger in midterm elections, and larger still at the local level. "If they voted it would perhaps change the makeup of Congress and break the minority's hold on power in many places," Walter said.

Protest. Walter pointed to research from Harvard University and argued that nonviolent protest is an effective tool for change. "It would be very, very hard for politicians to refuse to reform our democracy if even 3 percent of Americans continued to protest in the street until changes were made," Walter said. "Americans did that during the civil rights era, when citizens demanded equal rights and freedoms for African Americans, and the government responded, satisfying a desire for equity and justice."

Connect. "Americans have begun to realize how fragile our democracy is and take action to preserve it," Walter said. "It is at the local level—in churches, voluntary associations, and grassroots groups—that we can once again come together and relearn the power of citizenship and community."

Get Engaged

There are plenty of activist groups looking to bring more Americans into the political process. RepresentUs is a group that vows to fight corruption at the federal level and enact laws at the local level. It is pushing for the national voting standard that Democrats are trying to figure out how to pass through the Senate.

"Keep informed with multiple credible news sources, and participate in the conversations happening in your community," RepresentUS CEO Joshua Graham Lynn told me in an email. There are plenty of reports on the kinds of civil servants, poll workers and volunteers who make democracy run being targeted and quitting.

"If you see your local election officials, school boards, poll workers and other guardians of democracy under attack, show up to support them. That can be anything from sending a quick email of support to going to community meetings," Lynn said.

I'll add here that you can call your local election office and see if there are positions that need filling. We know from Steve Bannon that Trump supporters are looking to get into as many election-related positions as possible. "In this period of heightened anxiety, it can be tempting to tune out the world. But we truly need all hands on deck to make sure our democracy doesn't crumble," said Lynn.

Don't Generalize. Accept Facts.

Being respectful and honest is not, and should not be, partisan. One of the more interesting developments this week was former Vice President Dick Cheney -- once vilified by Democrats as Darth Vader -- appearing on Capitol Hill to show support for the January 6 investigation, which his daughter Rep. Liz Cheney is helping to conduct.

In the Wall Street Journal, the Republican spinmeister Karl Rove wrote that Democrats and Republicans have responsibilities to truth and civility. Proving the point that Democrats need to separate Republicans of goodwill from those who stormed the Capitol, he admitted his own party has more work to do.

I was shocked to see these words come from Karl Rove: "I've been a Republican my entire life, and believe in what the Republican Party, at its best, has represented for decades. There can be no soft-pedaling what happened and no absolution for those who planned, encouraged and aided the attempt to overthrow our democracy. Love of country demands nothing less. That's true patriotism."

That’s precious coming from Karl Rove, one of the true Dr. Frankensteins of our current chaos. I might be mistaken but I thought I saw that Ann Coulter has also lamented a bit on the destruction she helped create.

Section2

Reaction score
⬆️⬆️⬆️
Sure the Ds are cheating - but they have no choice!!!! Bat. Sh!t. Crazy.
CNC is unaware that gerrymandering was started by Dems. They’re complaining that their opposition is using the same tactic effectively. There is no “fair” borders. They are all going to be political. Any border will give someone an advantage. I’m personally not a fan of it, but I’m not getting worked up over political gamesmanship employed by both parties.

Section2

Reaction score
That’s precious coming from Karl Rove, one of the true Dr. Frankensteins of our current chaos. I might be mistaken but I thought I saw that Ann Coulter has also lamented a bit on the destruction she helped create.
Karl Rove bad, Liz Cheney good.
Ann Coulter turned on Trump because he didn’t deliver on his campaign promises to her satisfaction.

Spoofin

Reaction score
CNC is unaware that gerrymandering was started by Dems. They’re complaining that their opposition is using the same tactic effectively. There is no “fair” borders. They are all going to be political. Any border will give someone an advantage. I’m personally not a fan of it, but I’m not getting worked up over political gamesmanship employed by both parties.
I get it, but I watched Howie yell about it on here for months and then when the data comes out showing the Ds have benefited more than the Rs he starts yelling about 2010 and CRINGY explains why the Ds have no choice. The whole interaction should be framed. #Sheep.

cncmin

Reaction score
if it was wrong when it started it isn’t right now. Fairness is key to democracy. Without it, we are unhealthy.

partisan gerrymandering should be outlawed. All borders should be decided by non-political entities and agreed upon by a majority of the populace.

The Dems should be dropping all of their current tropes and fixing things such as these. The public as a whole strongly supports fairness in voting, even a majority of Republicans. Imagine Biden focusing on just the issue of eliminating gerrymandering….it is popular and just. And throw in universal voting IDs as a ripe carrot for all.

finally, if all blue states wanted to, they could easily gerrymander and essentially eliminate Republican representation from their state entirely. This would produce a huge shift in national political power that I’m quite certain you would bemoan. Furthermore, think of a situation in which large blue states break into smaller states….this would correct the large Republican bias in the Senate. If Republicans ca’t accept their large inherent advantages afforded them by the Constitution and are willing to cheat the system to try to put themselves in permanent minority rule over the populace, then the Dems need to cheat too or this doesn’t stop. I’d much rather the cheating just stop altogether.

Last edited:

kg21

Reaction score
Only right-wing extremists who are happy to live in a world that isn't equitable, impartial, unbiased, unprejudiced and nondiscriminatory for everyone need to have the word "fair" defined for them.
Give examples. I can give plenty from the left.

Oh wait, you are hit and run guy.

Section2

Reaction score
if it was wrong when it started it isn’t right now. Fairness is key to democracy. Without it, we are unhealthy.

partisan gerrymandering should be outlawed. All borders should be decided by non-political entities and agreed upon by a majority of the populace.

The Dems should be dropping all of their current tropes and fixing things such as these. The public as a whole strongly supports fairness in voting, even a majority of Republicans. Imagine Biden focusing on just the issue of eliminating gerrymandering….it is popular and just. And throw in universal voting IDs as a ripe carrot for all.

finally, if all blue states wanted to, they could easily gerrymander and essentially eliminate Republican representation from their state entirely. This would produce a huge shift in national political power that I’m quite certain you would bemoan. Furthermore, think of a situation in which large blue states break into smaller states….this would correct the large Republican bias in the Senate. If Republicans ca’t accept their large inherent advantages afforded them by the Constitution and are willing to cheat the system to try to put themselves in permanent minority rule over the populace, then the Dems need to cheat too or this doesn’t stop. I’d much rather the cheating just stop altogether.
I didn’t say it was wrong when it started. Political drawn lines are political. Changing them is political. Leaving them is political. What’s fair? It’s naive to think there’s a way to make a purely political process apolitical.

Dems don’t care about fairness. They want to win.

howeda7

Reaction score
A few did (Maryland / Illinois). But othere like Colorado and Virginia embraced non partisan commissions (which would be great if everyone did so).

Wally

Reaction score
A few did (Maryland / Illinois). But othere like Colorado and Virginia embraced non partisan commissions (which would be great if everyone did so).

I don't support gerrymandering by dems. I would prefer an open source algorithm determined the districts based only on inputs of population and geography. Then, barring a state losing or gaining seats you just adjust slightly for population. If they gain or lose a seat then you start over with the algorithm.

When you have uncompetitive gerrymandered seats it results in candidates that move to the extremes of their party because they can't lose, its bad for the country and is one of the things driving todays extreme partisanship.

kg21

Reaction score
The problem is I don't think many of your beliefs lead to US dominance. It's not the 1950's anymore...
No shit, people can't even figure out how to get to a voting booth anymore.

China seems to be dominating. Let's just sit back and watch.

Wally

Reaction score
China seems to be dominating. Let's just sit back and watch.

China is no threat if we are smart and don't let our population become to old.

China is hurting itself bad right now, killing their tech sector, real estate bust and maintaing Covid lockdown. China is also on the precipice of a demographic disaster they will have massive worker shortages coming.

We will be fine.

kg21

Reaction score
China is no threat if we are smart and don't let our population become to old.

China is hurting itself bad right now, killing their tech sector, real estate bust and maintaing Covid lockdown. China is also on the precipice of a demographic disaster they will have massive worker shortages coming.

We will be fine.
All those things you listed are what Biden was or is doing to the US. Brilliant!

Oh, and we are run by old, white, racists.....we are already old

cncmin

Reaction score
I don't support gerrymandering by dems. I would prefer an open source algorithm determined the districts based only on inputs of population and geography. Then, barring a state losing or gaining seats you just adjust slightly for population. If they gain or lose a seat then you start over with the algorithm.

When you have uncompetitive gerrymandered seats it results in candidates that move to the extremes of their party because they can't lose, its bad for the country and is one of the things driving todays extreme partisanship.
Yes, computer algorithms are being used to cheat and exploit the system, mainly by Republicans. Similar algorithms could as easily eliminate virtually all bias and make a completely fair system. But Republicans will never allow this to happen, as displayed by their current malfeasance in Congress on this subject And throughout essentially all red states.

Section2

Reaction score
Yes, computer algorithms are being used to cheat and exploit the system, mainly by Republicans. Similar algorithms could as easily eliminate virtually all bias and make a completely fair system. But Republicans will never allow this to happen, as displayed by their current malfeasance in Congress on this subject And throughout essentially all red states.
Nothing stopping Dem controlled states from installing this completely fair system. Why don’t they?

Wally

Reaction score
Nothing stopping Dem controlled states from installing this completely fair system. Why don’t they?

I believe many do, and the one's who don't should hang along with anyone else gerrymandering.

Top Bottom