Voter Suppression efforts in full swing

howeda7

Reaction score
Gutted!! Responsibility for conducting elections was controlled by the feds, and now the states have more leeway. If they feel they don’t need 15 polling places in a rural county, they can close them. It’s none of your business. If there’s real harm done, I’m sure we’ll know about it. Your examples so far suck.
There are dozens of examples in this thread of the impact of these changes. You don't give a $%% because it helps your team win. You could man up and just admit that.

Go4Broke

Reaction score
There are dozens of examples in this thread of the impact of these changes. You don't give a $%% because it helps your team win. You could man up and just admit that.

Section 2 is already on record in GopherHole for not being in favor of government, democracy and the U.S. Constitution because they give too much power to voters who favor strong federal and state governments with the ability to enact laws and regulations to govern the lives and activities of the American people.

He would much rather live under an authoritarian oligarchy ruled by a collection of people with a specific set of qualities, such as wealth, heredity, and race who are not hampered by the need to govern in accordance with democratic principles and individual rights.

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
Section 2 is already on record in GopherHole for not being in favor of government, democracy and the U.S. Constitution because they give too much power to voters who favor strong federal and state governments with the ability to enact laws and regulations to govern the lives and activities of the American people.

He would much rather live under an authoritarian oligarchy ruled by a collection of people with a specific set of qualities, such as wealth, heredity, and race who are not hampered by the need to govern in accordance with democratic principles and individual rights.
True. He's no fan of democracy or voting. And equal rights are a low priority that can always be put off a few decades if needed.

howeda7

Reaction score
Everyone is so interested in the voter restrictions that they miss the "moonwalking bear"; the legislative takeover of the vote count in those marginally, but highly gerrymandered, red states.
Very true. That is the bigger more immediate threat. The legislation in the Senate at least tries to address both. It's just easier for the RW'ers to deny the intentions because they haven't used them yet.

Spoofin

Reaction score
The Rs will never lose another election! If the racist suppression doesn’t work, they’ll just throw out the results and appoint someone. Howie has broke this wide open. Why do some act like he is just bat sh!t crazy repeating CNN conspiracies? Wait! What?

Section2

Reaction score
That’s what ALL of the voting politics is about. One of us is up on their soapbox pretending it’s about high minded ideals.

KGF

Reaction score
For all the bitching and whining by lefties here about gerrymandering, look at the how redistricting is changing the congressional maps. A net positive for Dems:

Now, STFU!!!

Oh, that’s right…our democracy is in peril.

Angry

Reaction score
So let's just suspend rational thought and grant you your fabrications...lazy and stupid Americans don't deserve the right to vote?

I thought all Americans had the right to vote.
Hey look stolen valor is admitting he wants an uniformed electorate.

Wally

Reaction score
The Rs will never lose another election! If the racist suppression doesn’t work, they’ll just throw out the results and appoint someone. Howie has broke this wide open. Why do some act like he is just bat sh!t crazy repeating CNN conspiracies? Wait! What?

That's what they have been doing for years. Wisconsin is a prime example of what antidemocratic gerrymandering results in.

You don't care as long as you like the results, you are evil.

Last edited:

cncmin

Reaction score
That's what they have been doing for years idiot. Wisconsin is a prime example of what antidemocratic gerrymandering results in.

You don't care as long as you like the results, you are evil.
It’s hard to imagine that more than a select few of the RWers that frequent this board are decent, moral people. Beyond complete lack of awareness of reality, they display little to no sense of fairness or empathy. I can’t tell which of those traits is the chicken and which is the egg, but those traits create a terrible combination when it comes to quality of character. That lack of decent personal Character, displayed every day throughout FNC and RW media - where these folks congregate with others of same poor character - is now pervasive through nearly the entirety of one of our two major politiCal parties, at least at the national level, and trickling down throughout the populace, consuming people like a horrific malignancy; removing common sense and morality, replacing it with noxious poison, and making people believe that lack of empathy and lack of fairness is not only acceptable, but necessary. History has shown many terrible examples when bad character takes power like this, and the result Is always bad for humanity.

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
For all the bitching and whining by lefties here about gerrymandering, look at the how redistricting is changing the congressional maps. A net positive for Dems:

Now, STFU!!!

Oh, that’s right…our democracy is in peril.
We gerrymandered so well in 2010 that we gained 40 seats. Now we're only netting 37, so it's basically even!

Spoofin

Reaction score
We gerrymandered so well in 2010 that we gained 40 seats. Now we're only netting 37, so it's basically even!
Man are you pathetic. Your whole argument just went down so you respond with some nonsense about 2010? Such a DHB

howeda7

Reaction score
Howeda, what are these numbers referring to?
I'm just making the point that gerrymandering still hugle favors Rs. If the overall Congressional popular vote is even, the Rs will hold a massive 30+ seat majority. Dems still have to win by 6+ points overall to win the House. KGF's point is massively disingenuous as usual.

cncmin

Reaction score
I'm just making the point that gerrymandering still huge favors Rs. If the overall Congressional vote is even, the Rs will hold a massive 30-ish seat majority. Dems still have to win by 6+ points overall to win the House.
Oh. Right. See my post above. This is clearly unfair and is not the way it was supposed to be, but the folks of poor character around here cheer this cheating on with veracity.

Wally

Reaction score
I'm just making the point that gerrymandering still hugle favors Rs. If the overall Congressional popular vote is even, the Rs will hold a massive 30+ seat majority. Dems still have to win by 6+ points overall to win the House. KGF's point is massively disingenuous as usual.

Greed wins for them, that's what it all comes down to.

kg21

Reaction score
Greed wins for them, that's what it all comes down to.
Full of greed is correct. We want the US to be number one and dominant. You worry about the feelings of all other countries. You know how it's all about feelings and caring.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I said it before, people wait for hours at the DMV every day of the week, over 300 days a year. One hour, 2 hours, sometimes 3-4 hours....

Apparently it's too much to expect someone to actually plan ahead for something that happens once every 4 years. Crazy shit, no doubt.

cncmin

Reaction score
Full of greed is correct. We want the US to be number one and dominant. You worry about the feelings of all other countries. You know how it's all about feelings and caring.
you desire “#1” through terrible means. See Germany 1930s. See USSR 1950s. We are and can remain #1 while also having good character and doing things fairly and properly. You seek cheating, winning at all costs. you should better consider those costs. You seek to “win” by disempowering over 60% of the country entirely, and giving authoritarian power to a select few elites who seek to absorb all power. Few nations so divided are truly powerful. This nation’s strength lies in the power of its people. Without it we are no better than Authoritarian Country x, y or z. Your Malice will not improve us. We have been #1 for a long time without the need for authoritarianism.

cncmin

Reaction score
I said it before, people wait for hours at the DMV every day of the week, over 300 days a year. One hour, 2 hours, sometimes 3-4 hours....

Apparently it's too much to expect someone to actually plan ahead for something that happens once every 4 years. Crazy shit, no doubt.
How long do you have to wait in line to vote, OGOVTBILKER? I wait about 0.3 minutes. Sometimes it takes up to 5-10 whole minutes. Voting is pretty easy for me. It should be that way for all.

kg21

Reaction score
you desire “#1” through terrible means. See Germany 1930s. See USSR 1950s. We are and can remain #1 while also having good character and doing things fairly and properly. You seek cheating, winning at all costs. you should better consider those costs. You seek to “win” by disempowering over 60% of the country entirely, and giving authoritarian power to a select few elites who seek to absorb all power. Few nations so divided are truly powerful. This nation’s strength lies in the power of its people. Without it we are no better than Authoritarian Country x, y or z. Your Malice will not improve us. We have been #1 for a long time without the need for authoritarianism.
It's lies in the power of it's people? WTF?

We are a white, racist nation. Haven't you heard. We are evil.

I want number one without worrying about hurting China's feelings. I want number one with things like fewer regulations, building and growing it in the US and on and on.

I want it through terrible means? Where the hell did you come up with that?

It can't be the people, sir. We are an immoral, racist people. Wake the hell up.

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score

Waiting at the DMV is bullshit also, I do 90% of my dmv stuff online or thru the mail.

It's priceless to see righties arguing for lines and broken systems.

Top Bottom