Voter Suppression efforts in full swing

scools12

Reaction score
Why are they "no longer needed"? We have had mail voting forever. There was zero proof of any increased fraud because of mail-in voting. If you want to vote in person, great.
There was an once in lifetime pandemic. The accommodations put in for that are no longer needed.

Mail in voting isn’t being taken away. Asking for a more thorough process in validating the signature on a mail in ballot isn’t denying anyone the right to mailing in their ballot.

Blizzard

Reaction score
Bring back the poll tax, I think you should have to pay $10,000 to vote.

I mean why not, Blizzard fought so hard for the right to vote, $10,000 is nothing compared to his sacrafice...🙄

I'd be down for that. I'd probably use some of that money to learn how to spell if I had my priorities in order.

Blizzard

Reaction score
It was "hard fought" for women and minorities. Not you and me.

Why is it supposed to be hard? Why should some voters have to sacrifice an entire day to do it, while others can be in and out in 5 minutes?

So what. There are places where it will be more difficult to vote. Not everything in life is going to be equal or fair.

Reactions: KGF

kg21

Reaction score
Did people have to wait in line when Obama was elected?

Section2

Reaction score
You think they're good at messaging?

Voting in person is not voter suppression. Having to drive 30 miles to the only polling place in your county and/or stand in line for 3 hours when most other people don't have to either is.
Of course they are good at messaging. They are amazing at it. The product is terrible. And they have 81 million customers. Madison Aves finest couldn’t do better. Look how they conned you into thinking there is a massive effort to destroy voting rights.

Blizzard

Reaction score
Of course they are good at messaging. They are amazing at it. The product is terrible. And they have 81 million customers. Madison Aves finest couldn’t do better. Look how they conned you into thinking there is a massive effort to destroy voting rights.

It's amazing what 'voting rights' have turned into. I'm of the opinion you have the right to go stand in line and vote. Maybe do an absentee ballot if the conditions necessitate it. That's pretty much the way it works in all walks of life. Show up and have your voice heard. Don't show up and you lose the right to complain. Isn't that how it worked?

kg21

Reaction score
It's amazing what 'voting rights' have turned into. I'm of the opinion you have the right to go stand in line and vote. Maybe do an absentee ballot if the conditions necessitate it. That's pretty much the way it works in all walks of life. Show up and have your voice heard. Don't show up and you lose the right to complain. Isn't that how it worked?
I think they call that racist now.

KGF

Reaction score

Voting in person is not voter suppression. Having to drive 30 miles to the only polling place in your county and/or stand in line for 3 hours when most other people don't have to either is.
Are there separate lines for black and white voters? Of course not. And since that county is primarily white and primarily Trump voters, any waiting, which I doubt will be long, will be done equally.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score

Only, ONLY if it is exclusively disenfranchising one group of individuals, entirely, and you can prove the INTENT in changing that process was to specifically disenfranchise or suppress that one particular group and that no other groups were inhibited or affected in any way.

I'll wait for you to provide those details forthwith

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
This is what I've been saying for the last several years.

Dems hate that Reps have lost faith in the system with all the changes that were forced upon us after the wrong person won in 2016; it would seem such a reasonable compromise to just make voting more secure. Nobody is being disallowed to vote, anyone that is legally eligible to vote has the right to vote. This right hasn't been taken away from anybody.

USAF

Reaction score
The left has correctly identified that a large portion of their own voters to be lazy and stupid. The same people that they have dumbed down in the public schools and helped break their families through the entitlement mentality, are the people that they sustain through the massive safety net and equity legislation. They need those people to turn out. Harvesting is the only way forward for them.
So let's just suspend rational thought and grant you your fabrications...lazy and stupid Americans don't deserve the right to vote?

I thought all Americans had the right to vote.

howeda7

Reaction score
Why have GQP states passed hundreds of new voting restrictions in the last 10 years? Were all the elections before 2012 rife with massive fraud? 2000? 2004?

Why have southern states closed tons of polling places in minority areas since the VRA was gutted? To increase "voter integrity"?

howeda7

Reaction score
Are there separate lines for black and white voters? Of course not. And since that county is primarily white and primarily Trump voters, any waiting, which I doubt will be long, will be done equally.
Separate lines? No. Are the places with long lines heavily in minority areas? Yes.

Is BS like "one drop box per county" in Houston or Milwaukee not clearly targeted at Dem voters?

KGF

Reaction score
Separate lines? No. Are the places with long lines heavily in minority areas? Yes.

Is BS like "one drop box per county" in Houston or Milwaukee not clearly targeted at Dem voters?
We’re talking about the predominantly white Georgia county with predominantly Trump voters with one polling place.

Can’t win the argument, change the argument.

How very DemAOCrat of you.

KGF

Reaction score
And we have another election truther. Pathetic.
I know you don’t want any election integrity rules, but they are good and work at having faith in the results.

howeda7

Reaction score
We’re talking about the predominantly white Georgia county with predominantly Trump voters with one polling place.

Can’t win the argument, change the argument.

How very DemAOCrat of you.
I didn't mention a specific county. You always do this. Deflect to one contrary example and pretend there's no issue. There are lots of places where polling places have been closed and people have to travel unreasonable distances. And there are lots of places with ridiculously long wait times to vote. Most of them aren't in Trumpland. But yes, closing 6 out of 7 polling places is BS, even if it's Trump voters effected.

howeda7

Reaction score
I know you don’t want any election integrity rules, but they are good and work at having faith in the results.
Liar. I am in favor of "election integrity" rules. I am also in favor of making it as easy to vote as possible and having high turnout.

For example, Minnesota has a very well run system with almost no fraud and very high turnout. Yet you would cheer on adding restrictions left and right.

howeda7

Reaction score
So what. There are places where it will be more difficult to vote. Not everything in life is going to be equal or fair.
Access to the ballot box should be as equal as possible, not deliberately made unequal. Pretty sad that anyone would think otherwise.

KGF

Reaction score
I didn't mention a specific county. You always do this. Deflect to one contrary example and pretend there's no issue. There are lots of places where polling places have been closed and people have to travel unreasonable distances. And there are lots of places with ridiculously long wait times to vote. Most of them aren't in Trumpland. But yes, closing 6 out of 7 polling places is BS, even if it's Trump voters effected.
I was having a discussion with Wally about the county in Georgia on pages 79 & 80, and you responded to one of my responses to him. You didn’t post anything to suggest you were changing our topic. Just long lines for voters.

Section2

Reaction score
Either party can shift to get votes.
Nothing is static.

Such discussions are rediculous unless you think a political party is entitled to maintain unpopular positions and keep a substantial hold on power.

To any rational human such an idea is obviously rediculous. Look at the deep south, it went from all Democrat to basically all Republican in 40 years, the people there didn't change as much as the parties changed.
Precisely the opposite. Party platform for the republicans is not very different from the 40s. Dems changed of course. And the people changed.

Section2

Reaction score
Access to the ballot box should be as equal as possible, not deliberately made unequal. Pretty sad that anyone would think otherwise.
Access is a word you should strike from your vocabulary.

Section2

Reaction score
Why have GQP states passed hundreds of new voting restrictions in the last 10 years? Were all the elections before 2012 rife with massive fraud? 2000? 2004?

Why have southern states closed tons of polling places in minority areas since the VRA was gutted? To increase "voter integrity"?
Gutted!! Responsibility for conducting elections was controlled by the feds, and now the states have more leeway. If they feel they don’t need 15 polling places in a rural county, they can close them. It’s none of your business. If there’s real harm done, I’m sure we’ll know about it. Your examples so far suck.

Section2

Reaction score

How does a county moving to one polling location have long lines only occur for minorities? You guys really screwed up biting so hard on that terrible Georgia example.

Wally

Reaction score
Precisely the opposite. Party platform for the republicans is not very different from the 40s. Dems changed of course. And the people changed.

That doesn't mean they can't adapt and win elections.

Top Bottom