Voter Suppression efforts in full swing

Wally

Reaction score
If people have to wait in line too long to vote, is there any possibility of creating more places to vote?

I'm thinking way outside the box here? LMAO

So you support the voting rights bill then.
Great!
👍👍👍👍

Wally

Reaction score
It’s their best chance for a permanent DemAOCrat majority, WH, and judicial branch.

I wouldn’t favor perpetual majorities for Republicans. Competition between political opponents sharpens ideas and eliminates bad ones.

Either party can shift to get votes.
Nothing is static.

Such discussions are rediculous unless you think a political party is entitled to maintain unpopular positions and keep a substantial hold on power.

To any rational human such an idea is obviously rediculous. Look at the deep south, it went from all Democrat to basically all Republican in 40 years, the people there didn't change as much as the parties changed.

kg21

Reaction score
Why then do you oppose the bill?
It is not needed. Everyone already can vote. Do I need to put, It's all smoke and mirrors, in CAPS?

I support going to vote and showing your ID................I have to tell myself, I'm the crazy one here. LMAO

KGF

Reaction score
Either party can shift to get votes.
Nothing is static.

Such discussions are rediculous unless you think a political party is entitled to maintain unpopular positions and keep a substantial hold on power.

To any rational human such an idea is obviously rediculous. Look at the deep south, it went from all Democrat to basically all Republican in 40 years, the people there didn't change as much as the parties changed.
That’s exactly what the DemAOCrat Party is trying to avoid. If the deck is completely stacked in their party’s favor, it will be difficult for even the public’s political shifts to elect Republicans. Very Putin like.

Wally

Reaction score
That’s exactly what the DemAOCrat Party is trying to avoid. If the deck is completely stacked in their party’s favor, it will be difficult for even the public’s political shifts to elect Republicans. Very Putin like.

You mean if everyone votes.

Still doesn't stop the Republican party from evolving and winning elections.

Section2

Reaction score
The Dems can never label anything worth a damn. The Dems couldn’t message their way through a free beer giveaway. This isn’t about voting RIGHTS. For god’s sake. Almost every voter in the US who wants to vote already has a RIgHT to vote. The problem is voting fairness, fair and reasonable representation, upholding of fair voting systems, upholding of fair voting counts, and ensuring capability of all voters who want to vote to be able to cast their vote without undue trial and stress. This is what’s been at stake and is now in peril.

The Dems would be well served to relabel this and limit their pursuit to ensuring American democracy is fair across the board. Pretty sure even most Republicans, when presented in this manner (fairness), support such a proposition.
Messaging is the only problem.

Blizzard

Reaction score
It seems like such a radical idea doesn't it?

and ensuring capability of all voters who want to vote to be able to cast their vote without undue trial and stress.

Show up and vote. Solved it. Thanks.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
It seems like such a radical idea doesn't it?

Show up and vote. Solved it. Thanks.
Welcome to 2022;

The MSM has managed to brand the concept of having people show up to the polls on Election Day to vote, and sometimes there may be a line, as "VOTER SUPPRESSION".

Everything is in the branding.

Section2

Reaction score
Welcome to 2022;

The MSM has managed to brand the concept of having people show up to the polls on Election Day to vote, and sometimes there may be a line, as "VOTER SUPPRESSION".

Everything is in the branding.
But the Dems are so bad at messaging I’m told.
I love the “undue stress” line btw.

scools12

Reaction score
I love the “undue stress” line btw.
“undue trial and stress”

Wonder if this is referring to the harrowing experience of having to show valid identification like an id proving who you are to vote? I’ve been told asking a segment of society to complete this simple task is asking too much.

howeda7

Reaction score
Why does making it easier to vote "stack the deck" against Republicans?

howeda7

Reaction score
You think they're good at messaging?

Voting in person is not voter suppression. Having to drive 30 miles to the only polling place in your county and/or stand in line for 3 hours when most other people don't have to either is.

Blizzard

Reaction score

Why do we need to make it easier to vote? The right to vote has been hard fought. It shouldn't be
'easier'.

scools12

Reaction score
I get why some accommodations were made in 2020 but those are no longer needed.

The simple act of showing up in-person at your polling place and casting your ballot is really easy. We’ve been doing it forever.

bga1

Reaction score
Why do we need to make it easier to vote? The right to vote has been hard fought. It shouldn't be
'easier'.
The left has correctly identified that a large portion of their own voters to be lazy and stupid. The same people that they have dumbed down in the public schools and helped break their families through the entitlement mentality, are the people that they sustain through the massive safety net and equity legislation. They need those people to turn out. Harvesting is the only way forward for them.

bga1

Reaction score
Why change strategy to win the game when you can just change the rules?
Bingo. Zuckerberg did that to perfection with 419 million dollars to steal the last election. Just change the rules to perfect cheating.

howeda7

Reaction score
Bingo. Zuckerberg did that to perfection with 419 million dollars to steal the last election. Just change the rules to perfect cheating.
Expanding mail voting does not = "perfecting cheating."

Seek help.

Wally

Reaction score
'easier'.

Bring back the poll tax, I think you should have to pay $10,000 to vote.

I mean why not, Blizzard fought so hard for the right to vote, $10,000 is nothing compared to his sacrafice...🙄

howeda7

Reaction score
'easier'.
It was "hard fought" for women and minorities. Not you and me.

Why is it supposed to be hard? Why should some voters have to sacrifice an entire day to do it, while others can be in and out in 5 minutes?

howeda7

Reaction score
I get why some accommodations were made in 2020 but those are no longer needed.

The simple act of showing up in-person at your polling place and casting your ballot is really easy. We’ve been doing it forever.
Why are they "no longer needed"? We have had mail voting forever. There was zero proof of any increased fraud because of mail-in voting. If you want to vote in person, great.

kg21

Reaction score
You think they're good at messaging?

Voting in person is not voter suppression. Having to drive 30 miles to the only polling place in your county and/or stand in line for 3 hours when most other people don't have to either is.
So did Obama really win? We didn't have the new rules you want in place when Obama was elected. I'm starting to question if he really won. How do we know Obama won with all the voter suppression going on? People had to drive 30 miles back then. I think Obama lost.

howeda7

Reaction score
So did Obama really win? We didn't have the new rules you want in place when Obama was elected. I'm starting to question if he really won. How do we know Obama won with all the voter suppression going on?
SCOTUS didn't gut the Voting Rights Act until 2010. Since then GQP led states have been making it harder for "certain voters" to vote in every way they can think of. Little by little. It's not an accident.

Why did the GQP suddenly come to oppose renewing the Voting Rights Act? It was renewed with huge bipartisan support many times, as recently as the GWB administration. But now they refuse to do so. Gee, I wonder why?

kg21

Reaction score
SCOTUS didn't gut the Voting Rights Act until 2010. Since then GQP led states have been making it harder for "certain voters" to vote in every way they can think of. Little by little. It's not an accident.

Why did the GQP suddenly come to oppose renewing the Voting Rights Act? It was renewed with huge bipartisan support many times, as recently as the GWB administration. But now they refuse to do so. Gee, I wonder why?
You never touched my question. How do we know Obama won with all the voter suppression going on?

Everything that is suppressing people in voting now was the same when Obama was elected. It just hit me. Obama was elected unfairly. Thanks for clearing that up with me.

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score

kg isn't very informed....

kg21

Reaction score
kg isn't very informed....
No one had to wait in line in those years? Interesting.

The big argument on the left is people will have to wait in line. Are you saying that didn't happen when Obama was elected? F--k, I just asked this clown a question.

Wally

Reaction score
You never touched my question. How do we know Obama won with all the voter suppression going on?

They had to get federal court approval for any changes to their elections this made it very difficult for them to suppress votes. Now those handcuffs are off and they are taking advantage of it.

kg21

Reaction score
They had to get federal court approval for any changes to their elections this made it very difficult for them to suppress votes. Now those handcuffs are off and they are taking advantage of it.
No one waited in line? I appear to be having trouble getting an answer on this.

Top Bottom