Voter Suppression efforts in full swing

GopherJake

Reaction score
Again, the reasons were given - you just don’t like them. OK. Now, tell me about your “critical thinking victory” here. Explain to me any evidence that this was “racist” or helps the Ds. That basis was proven, how? A lot of data has been provided that disputes those claims, but apparently it doesn’t hit your “critical thinking” threshold.
I never have said it’s racist. And your question is partway fair. But the onus is on “you”. “You” are the one closing them. Explain why. Saying, “oh yeah, it’s more convenient” and “we don’t need to move equipment as much” doesn’t do it for me, as I’ve said above. I’m not going to just nod at those statements.

KGF

Reaction score
The article gave vaguely worded, not entirely convincing rationale for the closings and a few here, including yourself, rubber stamped them. But I’ve seen absolutely zero hard evidence. Talk of 7-Eleven ain’t it. Common sense, while on the surface, seems reasonable, doesn’t explain the 86% drop to my satisfaction. It does to you. So we disagree. But I would say in this case, I win the critical thinking contest. The basis hasn’t been proven.

Why do I care about this particular county? I don’t. At least not very much. What I care about is an erosion of voting rights targeting Democrats. I think that’s pretty damn reasonable following some of the bullshit that has been claimed and is still being claimed to this day following the 2020 election. You would be well within your rights to do the same if the tables were turned and I guarantee you I would be right there with you. The right to vote is exactly that, a right. Constructing barriers, while maybe not strictly illegal, is undemocratic and anti-American in my opinion. Win with ideas.
🙄

KGF

Reaction score
Not less than 8K, but small enough. Going from 7 polling places to one is ridiculous.

There was not a post office box closer than the polling place. And if any were eliminated it's because less people use the mail. Fewer people don't vote, though that is your goal. Shill.
If MplsGopher were only here to give you a like…

You’re practically filling in for him with empty logic.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I never have said it’s racist. And your question is partway fair. But the onus is on “you”. “You” are the one closing them. Explain why. Saying, “oh yeah, it’s more convenient” and “we don’t need to move equipment as much” doesn’t do it for me, as I’ve said above. I’m not going to just nod at those statements.
Twice now you have bypassed their statement of not having to staff 7 polling places for 4,000 voters. Why is that? No one has unlimited resources - same reason polls aren’t open 24/7.

As for the “onus is on me”…. What a cop out. I’ve provided statements from officials, voting history, and census data that disputes both the “racist” and “suppress D votes” claims that have been made. All we have from you, Howie, and sidekick are CNN headlines - nothing to back it up, and some nonsense that I have to provide more. Oh, and something about winning the “critical thinking” game which apparently consists of simply believing what you want to.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Twice now you have bypassed their statement of not having to staff 7 polling places for 4,000 voters. Why is that? No one has unlimited resources - same reason polls aren’t open 24/7.
Zero times. Have I bypassed that statement. Zero.

Let me slow it down: I do not take that reason at face value.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Let me slow it down: I do not take that reason at face value.
Right. You don’t believe the reasons given that dispute the claims. You also ignore the data that has been presented which dispute the claims. Then, you accept the claims made because there is nothing left to dispute them and it matches your narrative. Critical Thinking.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Right. You don’t believe the reasons given that dispute the claims. You also ignore the data that has been presented which dispute the claims. Then, you accept the claims made because there is nothing left to dispute them and it matches your narrative. Critical Thinking.
I don’t accept anything. I’ve been quite clear in that. I want more information. I don’t buy their vague statement. It’s pretty simple where I stand.

KGF

Reaction score
I think you’re really starting to get Jake now.

Nice guy. Can occasionally be persuaded on simple, straightforward situations, but can be obstinate as hell if he so chooses to use lazy “critical thinking”. And likes his own opinion on more important matters of discussion.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I think you’re really starting to get Jake now.

Nice guy. Can occasionally be persuaded on simple, straightforward situations, but can be obstinate as hell if he so chooses to use lazy “critical thinking”. And likes his own opinion on more important matters of discussion.
Maybe? I have to say this is the first “my head is completely buried in the sand and I refuse to pull it out” moment I recall having with Jake. I would also say this is one of the most ridiculous denial conversations I’ve had on here with any lefty not named Howie tho. I mean, they are literally declaring anyone that gave a reason to be lying, ignoring any and all population data completely, ignoring past voting data completely, and going with a narrative based on……. well, nothing other than what CNN told them to believe.

Reactions: KGF

Section2

Reaction score
Boom!
Why are Jake and Howie so worried about the number of polling places in a rural county in Georgia?

USAF

Reaction score
Maybe? I have to say this is the first “my head is completely buried in the sand and I refuse to pull it out” moment I recall having with Jake. I would also say this is one of the most ridiculous denial conversations I’ve had on here with any lefty not named Howie tho. I mean, they are literally declaring anyone that gave a reason to be lying, ignoring any and all population data completely, ignoring past voting data completely, and going with a narrative based on……. well, nothing other than what CNN told them to believe.
SMH. The fellas trying to use a press release claiming closing all but one polling place will make it "easier and more convenient" to vote as justification.

The new Repugnican apppinted board trying to sneak this through in a week, without public comment and without announcing a public meeting. This is awful, and a direct result of Repugnicans across the nation changing voting laws to deny D voters simply because Donald Fucking Trump lost.

You can't make this shit up.

Shame on all of you. Disgusting. I didn't serve 26 years for asshats to deny Americans the right to vote.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.augustachronicle.com/amp/8970073002

Last edited:

USAF

Reaction score
This isn't complicated.

Repugnicans need to cheat, in the most un-American way possible, to win. And they have zero problems with that, in fact are actively pursuing that strategy.

Literally the most un-American thing conceivable. Deny citizens their access to vvoting.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

KGF

Reaction score
SMH. The fellas trying to use a press release claiming closing all but one polling place will make it "easier and more convenient" to vote as justification.

The new Repugnican apppinted board trying to sneak this through in a week, without public comment and without announcing a public meeting. This is awful, and a direct result of Repugnicans across the nation changing voting laws to deny D voters simply because Donald Fucking Trump lost.

You can't make this shit up.

Shame on all of you. Disgusting. I didn't serve 26 years for asshats to deny Americans the right to vote.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.augustachronicle.com/amp/8970073002
Apparently, you didn’t understand the oath that you took, which is to uphold and defend the Constitution of the US, which defines how election laws are to be determined.

This isn’t a ‘majority rule’ government. In fact, it’s designed to protect the rights of the minority.

And, of those that have served, no one here plays the ‘I serve’ therefore I should have a say card more than you.

It’s an honor and privilege to serve your country and those that treat it with that reverence should be honored in return. But it doesn’t give you special privileges or a larger say and you don’t have to remind everyone every time you think you’re making an important point.

You’re not the only one to have served and dare I say that I think you hold a minority opinion among those that have.

The US Constitution. Not majority rule democracy.

scools12

Reaction score

Stop lying you senile leftist dip💩

Not one single person who is legally eligible to vote in this country is being denied that right or having that right taken away.

Last edited:

KGF

Reaction score
The above attached chart of voting distribution does NOT demonstrate gerrymandering b/c it doesn’t show the number eligible voters, the chart reflects voter turn out.

The Wisconsin state Constitution defines districts based on population, not voter turnout. The geographic boundaries for Wisconsin state senate and representative districts are geographically logical and approximately even in population.

You lefties are always moaning about ease of voting. I’ve got some news for you. You have to travel longer distances to vote in rural districts than metro districts. It’s a fact and righties accept it and don’t bitch about it.

Or maybe they should open a bunch more polling places in rural white districts since that seems to be an argument that you’ve been making?

howeda7

Reaction score
Boom!
Why are Jake and Howie so worried about the number of polling places in a rural county in Georgia?
Why are you so concerned about what books are read in NoVa high schools? Hypocrite.

howeda7

Reaction score
This isn't complicated.

Repugnicans need to cheat, in the most un-American way possible, to win. And they have zero problems with that, in fact are actively pursuing that strategy.

Literally the most un-American thing conceivable. Deny citizens their access to vvoting.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?
The open embrace of Facism is creeping into the party. It'll be spreading like wildfire soon.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Do you even read my posts? Please quote me saying anything of the sort. You were being trolled by @Section2.
I read all of your posts in this thread and didn't mean to claim that you called this move in a small county of GA as racism. Others on here did. S2s post and my response were not only inclusive of you.

Spoofin

Reaction score
The open embrace of Facism is creeping into the party. It'll be spreading like wildfire soon.
I'm still looking for a single bit of data to support your claim of racism and suppressing D votes in Lincoln County Georgia. Census data doesn't support your claim, but you must have something, right? Anything?

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I don’t accept anything. I’ve been quite clear in that. I want more information. I don’t buy their vague statement. It’s pretty simple where I stand.
Soooooo, just out of curiosity, on the other end of the spectrum, if they had evaluated the situation (there or anywhere else) and determined that they needed more locations, you would be equally skeptical, right? Need a lot more information about why they need more locations?

GopherJake

Reaction score
Soooooo, just out of curiosity, on the other end of the spectrum, if they had evaluated the situation (there or anywhere else) and determined that they needed more locations, you would be equally skeptical, right? Need a lot more information about why they need more locations?
If I suspected it might be part of a larger push to suppress voting, sure. I would have to stretch to find that in your scenario, I think.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
If I suspected it might be part of a larger push to suppress voting, sure. I would have to stretch to find that in your scenario, I think.
Smart people are constantly evaluating and adapting. It would be irresponsible to NOT look at a situation like this where resources are extremely limited and not make modifications in order to accommodate a larger number of people.

You're smarter than this and you're being obtuse for arguments sake. Seems like a dumb fight for you to be so heavily engaged in considering we are talking about such a small rural locale. This kind of shit probably happens across the country all the time, like rural northern Montana or NW North Dakota or eastern Nebraska, but no outrage or skepticism there I guess?

I wonder why it doesn't make the papers when the folks in Aberdeen, SD make changes to the number of poll locations available?

Top Bottom