Voter Suppression efforts in full swing

Angry

Reaction score
If he just want to negotiate the price down, fine. They don't need to make these things "permanent". Let them sunset in 2025 and the GQP campaign on taking away child tax credits and free community college etc. That'll be a real winner.
You don’t care about forced austerity measures in the future because you’ll be dead by then. Am I right

howeda7

Reaction score
You don’t care about forced austerity measures in the future because you’ll be dead by then. Am I right
I won't qualify for/use most of the things in this bill, but hopefully not because I'm dead.

What is the GQP plan to reduce the debt and fund SS long-term?

howeda7

Reaction score
The Republican Party may need Trump supporters to win elections, but they do not make up the majority of the party, only a portion of it.
They make up the majority of the party now. If you believe otherwise you're delusional. And 90% of the elected representatives are either true Trump believers or willing to play one on TV.
I know the Dem narrative is going to be running against Trump or Trumpism in the next elections regardless of whether Trump runs for President. It’s all you’ve got.
What choice would they have even if they didn't want to? What does the current GQP stand for? Utter and complete devotion to Trump. Pushing the absurd lie that he won the 2020 election and should still be President. Anti-Vaccines. White Social Grievance. Total opposition to anything Biden wants. What else?
The stuff that Trump brought to the GOP and will be retained is a needed change.
There's nothing to "retain." He took over the party completely. The war is over. Your side lost. You're just in denial.

Angry

Reaction score
I won't qualify for/use most of the things in this bill, but hopefully not because I'm dead.

I expect SS will slowly diminish, rather than end quickly. In 10 years it’s value to the individual will decrease by more 50%. An increase of recipients who are homeless ect.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
They make up the majority of the party now. If you believe otherwise you're delusional. And 90% of the elected representatives are either true Trump believers or willing to play one on TV.

What choice would they have even if they didn't want to? What does the current GQP stand for? Utter and complete devotion to Trump. Pushing the absurd lie that he won the 2020 election and should still be President. Anti-Vaccines. White Social Grievance. Total opposition to anything Biden wants. What else?

There's nothing to "retain." He took over the party completely. The war is over. Your side lost. You're just in denial.
You have been thoroughly indoctrinated howie. Remember when you use to think you were a moderate?

Now you’re hoping for and defending a $3.5 trillion expansion of government, and that’s just over the course of the next 10 years. Once those bennies are given out, the government won’t take them back, like free community college and pre-K.

You used to say AOC isn’t a significant player in the Democrat House, but now her faction is holding up in a legislative fight with more moderate members of the Democrat Party.

kg21

Reaction score

It's impossible to reduce the debt Howie! You see, we borrow the money. It's way over your head so I will stop right there. It's all Monopoly money. Sit back and relax.

howeda7

Reaction score
You have been thoroughly indoctrinated howie. Remember when you use to think you were a moderate?
Trump worshippers calling others indoctrinated. Rich.

There's little to be moderate about anymore. Both parties suck on fiscal sanity and totally oppose the other with few exceptions. One party is still trying to govern at the moment while the other worships a fool and plots how to steal the next election and re-install him if necessary. Meanwhile on the state level they try to roll us back to 1950 on Social issues.

Now you’re hoping for and defending a $3.5 trillion expansion of government, and that’s just over the course of the next 10 years. Once those bennies are given out, the government won’t take them back, like free community college and pre-K.
When did I say that? I hope they cut it down significantly. But I'd rather have a paid for plan that will help people than an unpaid for giant tax cut that helps the 1% and blows up the deficit.

You used to say AOC isn’t a significant player in the Democrat House, but now her faction is holding up in a legislative fight with more moderate members of the Democrat Party.
She's only a player because the margin in the House is down to 3. Any "faction" can dig in and hold it up. If they had the margin they had one year ago the Infrastructure bill would have already passed. The Centrists in the House have just as much power as the Progressives. She's not special. It's frustrating and ugly at times. But it's better to have a big tent with competing ideas than a cult.

I'm sure the far left would prefer to govern unhindered. It will never happen because the Dems can't win a large enough majority in the Senate (or the House really) without the moderate wing of the party. That's no longer true for the GQP. And that's bad.

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Trump worshippers calling others indoctrinated. Rich.

There's little to be moderate about anymore. Both parties suck on fiscal sanity and totally oppose the other with few exceptions. One party is still trying to govern at the moment while the other worships a fool and plots how to steal the next election and re-install him if necessary. Meanwhile on the state level they try to roll us back to 1950 on Social issues.

When did I say that? I hope they cut it down significantly. But I'd rather have a paid for plan that will help people than an unpaid for giant tax cut that helps the 1% and blows up the deficit.

She's only a player because the margin in the House is down to 3. Any "faction" can dig in and hold it up. If they had the margin they had one year ago the Infrastructure bill would have already passed. The Centrists in the House have just as much power as the Progressives. She's not special. It's frustrating and ugly at times. But it's better to have a big tent with competing ideas than a cult.

I'm sure the far left would prefer to govern unhindered. It will never happen because the Dems can't win a large enough majority in the Senate (or the House really) without the moderate wing of the party. That's no longer true for the GQP. And that's bad.
Boy, you’re really drinking the kool-aid. Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump…24/7.

You’d be amazed at how many Republicans don’t think about Trump, and certainly, the large portion of the GOP that don’t think about Trump nearly as much as you do.

You’re brain has been damaged by doing too much Trump.

Spoofin

Reaction score
One party is still trying to govern at the moment while the other worships a fool and plots how to steal the next election and re-install him if necessary. Meanwhile on the state level they try to roll us back to 1950 on Social issues.
This is….. CNN. Wow what a sheep you are.

Boy, you’re really drinking the kool-aid. Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump…24/7.

You’d be amazed at how many Republicans don’t think about Trump, and certainly, the large portion of the GOP that don’t think about Trump nearly as much as you do.

You’re brain has been damaged by doing too much Trump.
Bingo! No one on this earth thinks about Trump as much as Howie. Trump is the biggest ego maniac I can think of and even he doesn’t think about himself as much as Howie thinks about him.

howeda7

Reaction score
Voters approve independent commission to draw districts. GQP tells them to get bent.

Wally

Reaction score
I expect SS will slowly diminish, rather than end quickly. In 10 years it’s value to the individual will decrease by more 50%. An increase of recipients who are homeless ect.
Republicans dream scenario...
Old people living in tents under an overpass.

Spoofin

Reaction score
We wouldn’t have to worry about SS if we just took money from those damn Waltons. They don’t need that much anyway.

Angry

Reaction score
Democrats dream scenario…
Denying said people needed healthcare cause they’re not worth the investment.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Voters approve independent commission to draw districts. GQP tells them to get bent.

Stop your damn bitching. The Utah districts make a helluva lot more sense than the Illinois map, designed by Democrats.
9DB2C2C4-0007-4556-8AD9-374DFA31E959.jpeg
BAC7573F-3A37-4051-BED9-CDAA0F14D66C.jpeg

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
This post is completely meaningless. You might be right, but there is lots of missing data.
It’s not meaningless. Democrats gerrymander when and wherever they can. All parties in power do when given the opportunity.

No neutral entity exists, or can exist, to divide Congressional districts without bias.

Geezus, look at the Democrats in DC right now. They are a disgustingly partisan group of hacks, but howie doesn’t complain about that.

It’s just the way it is.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Uh huh. Those districts don't look absurd, on the surface. Not like some I've seen. Point to something specific and you might peak my interest. Otherwise I will assume you are just being the whiny little bitch snowflake hypocrite you usually are.

howeda7

Reaction score
Stop your damn bitching. The Utah districts make a helluva lot more sense than the Illinois map, designed by Democrats.
View attachment 14717
View attachment 14718
Why is it OK for the Utah GQP to give the voters a giant middle finger?

Even if true on IL, it's IL, MD and OR on one side vs. Texas, Georgia, Florida, Ohio, Utah, Arkansas, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Iowa, Kansas, Tennessee etc.

Wally

Reaction score
No they don't. CA, CO and VA are all blue states with districts drawn by an independent body.
Should be the whole country.

I hope anyone on either side gerrymandering rots in hell. It is extremely harmful to the country.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Why is it OK for the Utah GQP to give the voters a giant middle finger?

Even if true on IL, it's IL, MD and OR on one side vs. Texas, Georgia, Florida, Ohio, Utah, Arkansas, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Iowa, Kansas, Tennessee etc.
Oh, b/c there are more Republican states, it’s wrong. If there were more Democrat states, it’d be a-okay. Got it.

kg21

Reaction score
No they don't. CA, CO and VA are all blue states with districts drawn by an independent body.
The fact we even call California a state makes me laugh. It's more like an alien nation.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

Gerrymandering​

Virginia was one of the most gerrymandered states in the country, both on the congressional and state levels, based on lack of compactness and contiguity of its districts. Virginia pre-2016 congressional districts were ranked the 5th worst in the country by one analysis[5] because counties and cities were broken into multiple pieces to create heavily partisan districts.

Wally

Reaction score

Gerrymandering​

Virginia was one of the most gerrymandered states in the country, both on the congressional and state levels, based on lack of compactness and contiguity of its districts. Virginia pre-2016 congressional districts were ranked the 5th worst in the country by one analysis[5] because counties and cities were broken into multiple pieces to create heavily partisan districts.
I think it was considered a Red State and those were drawn by Republicans. You are dunking on yourself. Once nonpartisan districts were drawn we can see the real Virginia.

The redistricting was found unconstitutional and replaced with a court-ordered redistricting on January 16, 2016, before the 2016 elections.[14][15][16][17][18] Gloria Personhuballah and James Farkas claimed that Virginia's 3rd congressional district violated the Voting Rights Act by packing black voters into the district for the political purpose of making surrounding areas better for Republican candidates. Following Supreme Court precedent, the Eastern Virginia Circuit Court found that U.S. congressional districts cannot be gerrymandered by race for partisan gain.

stocker08

Reaction score
I think it was considered a Red State and those were drawn by Republicans. You are dunking on yourself. Once nonpartisan districts were drawn we can see the real Virginia.

The redistricting was found unconstitutional and replaced with a court-ordered redistricting on January 16, 2016, before the 2016 elections.[14][15][16][17][18] Gloria Personhuballah and James Farkas claimed that Virginia's 3rd congressional district violated the Voting Rights Act by packing black voters into the district for the political purpose of making surrounding areas better for Republican candidates. Following Supreme Court precedent, the Eastern Virginia Circuit Court found that U.S. congressional districts cannot be gerrymandered by race for partisan gain.

Is it wrong that republicans wanted white and black districts? Separate but equal....right?

Top Bottom