Voter Suppression efforts in full swing

Wally

Reaction score
How about we combine rural red counties and provide only one place to vote. Long distance to travel, long lines, fewer hours with the voting booth open. Make it illegal to hand out water to those standing in long lines.

You know...like Repugnicans have done, or are trying to do, to urban voters.

Put the polling place on the far edge of the district and limit voting hours to 9-5 on election day only...

So many good ideas I will have to send these to the communist central committee!!!

howeda7

Reaction score
The only people these policies are designed to prevent from voting are those ineligible to vote.

Democrats CAN’T “make it harder” for Republicans to vote. They absolutely would if they could.
Sure they could. You know, it's not fiscally responsible to have so many polling places in rural counties. We should close all of them in counties with less than 50k. They can vote by mail. But since vote by mail is so rife with "fraud" they can only request a ballot during a specific one week period, must provide 2 forms of ID and have it notorized.

Absolutist Fool2 strikes again.

howeda7

Reaction score
How about we combine rural red counties and provide only one place to vote. Long distance to travel, long lines, fewer hours with the voting booth open. Make it illegal to hand out water to those standing in long lines.

Gun permits are no longer valid Id's. Gym memberships are.

howeda7

Reaction score
Georgia voting is less strict than many States - New York and Delaware to name just two. You do a great job of parroting what CNN told you, but that is as far as your understanding goes. Fraud.
New York and Deleware didn't just have close elections and now the losers want to change the rules of the game.

I'm all for making it easier to vote in all 50 states, including making it easier for 3rd parties to get on the ballot. You know like Go Jojo go!.

Oh sorry I forgot. You're not a Libertarian and know nothing about her. You base all your stances on opposing the people you stalk on the internet.

Fraud.

Spoofin

Reaction score
New York and Deleware didn't just have close elections and now the losers want to change the rules of the game.

I'm all for making it easier to vote in all 50 states, including making it easier for 3rd parties to get on the ballot. You know like Go Jojo go!.

Oh sorry I forgot. You're not a Libertarian and know nothing about her. You base all your stances on opposing the people you stalk on the internet.

Fraud.
I see - so the NY and DE laws don't bother you - just GA and TX. CNN hit it's mark. Fraud.

You have really lost it here with your JoJo stance. You act like you are discovering something. It has been my signature for over a year and never once over that time have I claimed to be a libertarian - JoJo is the first one I have ever voted for - and never once over that time have I pretended to know about JoJo's positions. We have been over this - but you are doing your typical "I'll tell you what you believe" routine. The World needs to make sense! I don't know how more clear I could have been that it was a vote against the 2 very poor options we had. You think I was alone in doing that? One of the options has taken over your life you hate him so much and the other option has f'd up more in 200 days than most thought he could do in years. Maybe I was on to something 🤷‍♂️

Section2

Reaction score

Or you could just make it illegal to vote for a Republican.

Section2

Reaction score
Sure they could. You know, it's not fiscally responsible to have so many polling places in rural counties. We should close all of them in counties with less than 50k. They can vote by mail. But since vote by mail is so rife with "fraud" they can only request a ballot during a specific one week period, must provide 2 forms of ID and have it notorized.

Absolutist Fool2 strikes again.
Decisions on polling places are not made at the state level, as we’ve tried to tell you many times.

you think a state law that mail ballots can only be requested for one week and you have to show 2 forms of id and get it notorized is going to affect Republicans more? 🤣🤣

thanks for proving my point. You couldn’t come up with one set of rules that would affect Rs more.

howeda7

Reaction score
Decisions on polling places are not made at the state level, as we’ve tried to tell you many times.

you think a state law that mail ballots can only be requested for one week and you have to show 2 forms of id and get it notorized is going to affect Republicans more? 🤣🤣

thanks for proving my point. You couldn’t come up with one set of rules that would affect Rs more.
The state could refuse all funding for them. Or the Dems could do as the Rs have done in Georgia and put themselves in charge of the local elections board and THEN close them.

Closing all polling places in counties with less than 50k and making them vote by mail would absolutely effect R's more than D's.

You face planted hard and are trying to pretzel out of it.

Section2

Reaction score
The state could refuse all funding for them. Or the Dems could do as the Rs have done in Georgia and put themselves in charge of the local elections board and THEN close them.

Closing all polling places in counties with less than 50k and making them vote by mail would absolutely effect R's more than D's.

You face planted hard and are trying to pretzel out of it.
Link to Rs putting themselves in charge of local elections board and then closing all the polling places?

so far the only examples you’ve given are not statewide laws, they are cherry picking counties and changing the rules only in those places. That’s not a face plant for me.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Who should define "free" and "fair"? Should the great people of California define "free and fair" for the people of Florida? Should Brussels decide for the UK?
Should Sacramento get to define it for San Diego or Redding? Should Tallahassee get to define it for Tampa? Should St Paul get to define it for St Cloud? Should Minneapolis get to define it for Medina? Should the city of Minneapolis get to define it for SW Mpls?

Arbitrary localization arguments are arbitrary.

USAF

Reaction score
Link to Rs putting themselves in charge of local elections board and then closing all the polling places?

so far the only examples you’ve given are not statewide laws, they are cherry picking counties and changing the rules only in those places. That’s not a face plant for me.

This is too easy. Georgia Repugnicans want control of Fulton County elections. But not rural counties.

Dude. You have no leg to stand on. Repugnicans want to supress voting. It's their path to victory. They don't even try to hide it.

howeda7

Reaction score
They have given themselves authority to take over the elections in Fulton county GA. They haven't closed polling places yet, but there's nothing stopping them from doing so that I am aware of.
The entire R strategy is to cherry pick which votes to suppress. Obviously a Dem strategy would be as well. That's the entire point. I believe Texas allows gun permits as a valid ID to vote but not college ID's. Dems could reverse that. That would be another example.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
The entire R strategy is to cherry pick which votes to suppress.
The irony of this statement.... "cherry pick" is a pretty good term to use for the states that decided after 2016 that they needed to change and revamp their voting processes. Not all of them, but the ones that did....

howeda7

Reaction score
The irony of this statement.... "cherry pick" is a pretty good term to use for the states that decided after 2016 that they needed to change and revamp their voting processes. Not all of them, but the ones that did....
Almost all changes done in 2020 were simply to make mail voting more accessible during a pandemic. And despite 50 lawsuits and multiple audits and "audits" no material fraud was found because of it.

Section2

Reaction score
They have given themselves authority to take over the elections in Fulton county GA. They haven't closed polling places yet, but there's nothing stopping them from doing so that I am aware of.

The entire R strategy is to cherry pick which votes to suppress. Obviously a Dem strategy would be as well. That's the entire point. I believe Texas allows gun permits as a valid ID to vote but not college ID's. Dems could reverse that. That would be another example.
So your example was completely made up.

gun permits are a state issued ID, college ids are not.

there is no statewide one rule that Dems could think of that would impact Republicans only or more so. They’d love to. You all failed my challenge proving my point correct. Thanks!

And there is no voter restriction that you would not frame as racist, suppression, victimy whiny ness.

Section2

Reaction score

This is too easy. Georgia Repugnicans want control of Fulton County elections. But not rural counties.

Dude. You have no leg to stand on. Repugnicans want to supress voting. It's their path to victory. They don't even try to hide it.
Let’s play a little hypothetical- let’s say there actually WAS widespread fraud in Fulton. I know I know, you don’t believe it, no evidence, all that. But what if there was? Would this kind of move be pro democracy or anti?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

The entire R strategy is to cherry pick which votes to suppress. Obviously a Dem strategy would be as well. That's the entire point. I believe Texas allows gun permits as a valid ID to vote but not collegeEven ID's. Dems could reverse that. That would be another example.
Even though it’s all theoretical in your head. It’s almost like real.😂🤣

Wally

Reaction score
So your example was completely made up.

gun permits are a state issued ID, college ids are not.

there is no statewide one rule that Dems could think of that would impact Republicans only or more so. They’d love to. You all failed my challenge proving my point correct. Thanks!

And there is no voter restriction that you would not frame as racist, suppression, victimy whiny ness.
Why is that deuce?
Explain why no statewide rule could effect Republicans.
I want it in detail.

You will surely ignore this post like every righty does with inconvenient truths.

howeda7

Reaction score
Why is that deuce?
I want it in detail.

You will surely ignore this post like every righty does with inconvenient truths.
2 is doing his usual routine: Lead with chin, look a fool, pretezel, change the definition/rules, declare victory, take ball and run.

Section2

Reaction score
Why is that deuce?
I want it in detail.

Because no rule will fail to impact Democrats more. Because apparently the slightest inconvenience causes them not to vote, and is akin to suppression.

read it somewhere, Dems have the highest politically active people and the lowest. Republicans are mostly pretty medium politically active. Any vote restriction is going to impact the low interest Democrat voter much more than the average Republican voter.

Section2

Reaction score
2 is doing his usual routine: Lead with chin, look a fool, pretezel, change the definition/rules, declare victory, take ball and run.
Like always, none of you even attempted to understand my point, and you continued directly to failed dunk attempts. I’ve never tired of it.

Wally

Reaction score
Like always, none of you even attempted to understand my point, and you continued directly to failed dunk attempts. I’ve never tired of it.
Why don't you answer.
Why is that deuce?
I want it in detail.

USAF

Reaction score
Let’s play a little hypothetical- let’s say there actually WAS widespread fraud in Fulton. I know I know, you don’t believe it, no evidence, all that. But what if there was? Would this kind of move be pro democracy or anti?
Let's not play hypotheticals. Let's play with facts. The facts you ignore. You asked for examples of Repugnicans changing laws only for certain voters. I provided just such an example.
Instead of admitting you were wrong, you weasel to this crap.
Typical.

This is like the 4th time I've unequivocally proven you factually dead wrong, and you've yet to discuss honestly.

You're not worth the time or effort. You're a dishonest hack like most Repugnicans.

Section2

Reaction score
Let's not play hypotheticals. Let's play with facts. The facts you ignore. You asked for examples of Repugnicans changing laws only for certain voters. I provided just such an example.
Instead of admitting you were wrong, you weasel to this crap.
Typical.

This is like the 4th time I've unequivocally proven you factually dead wrong, and you've yet to discuss honestly.

You're not worth the time or effort. You're a dishonest hack like most Repugnicans.
An honest person has no issue playing hypotheticals.
you actually didn’t provide an example. You provided the possibility of one which hasn’t happened.

Top Bottom