Voter Suppression efforts in full swing

howeda7

Reaction score
23% do not agree. That’s nearly one in four. Not a statistic I’d cite as as a positive.
Generically, requiring an ID to vote is fine. But if you ask, "Grandma's license is expired because she doesn't drive anymore. Should grandma be denied the right to vote?" 67% would not agree. Same with "Suzy is a college student and has her parents address on her license, she has a cell phone bill at her new apartment, should Suzy be sent away and denied the right to vote?" The %'s would probably be flipped. But KGF knows this.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Generically, requiring an ID to vote is fine. But if you ask, "Grandma's license is expired because she doesn't drive anymore. Should grandma be denied the right to vote?" 67% would not agree. Same with "Suzy is a college student and has her parents address on her license, she has a cell phone bill at her new apartment, should Suzy be sent away and denied the right to vote?" The %'s would probably be flipped. But KGF knows this.
Do white people have special privileges that black/brown people don’t or are all the rules EXACTLY the same for everybody within a state?

howeda7

Reaction score
Do white people have special privileges that black/brown people don’t or are all the rules EXACTLY the same for everybody within a state?
In many states are far less likely to have to stand in a long line to vote.

In many states they are far less likely to have their signature questioned or their vote thrown out because of an errant apostrophe that doesn't "match" etc.

What does that have to do with this in particular? I didn't mention race and neither did you. Why are you deflecting to it?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
In many states are far less likely to have to stand in a long line to vote.

In many states they are far less likely to have their signature questioned or their vote thrown out because of an errant apostrophe that doesn't "match" etc.

What does that have to do with this in particular? I didn't mention race and neither did you. Why are you deflecting to it?
Long lines don’t occur in states, they occur in dysfunctional locales that are responsible for their own county elections. If you have a problem with long lines, you have a problem with the county elections offices running those elections, not the state.

stocker08

Reaction score

Young people tend to move around more than the old white men of the right.

howeda7

Reaction score
Long lines don’t occur in states, they occur in dysfunctional locales that are responsible for their own county elections. If you have a problem with long lines, you have a problem with the county elections offices running those elections, not the state.
You know there's no good argument against Manchin's ID proposal so now you're deflecting.

And states closing polling places and mandating "one drop box per county" and other BS absolutely impact long lines.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
If you have a problem with long lines, you have a problem with the county elections offices running those elections, not the state.
It is the state's problem if they artificially limited the number of polling locations in that county.

And artificially limited the ability to vote early and/or vote by mail in that county.

Get it now? (lol why even bother asking)

stocker08

Reaction score
It is the state's problem if they artificially limited the number of polling locations in that county.

And artificially limited the ability to vote early and/or vote by mail in that county.

Bingo. Funding comes from the state as well. The county can't just set up polling places on every corner. But again....five hour waiting lines for black folks? Righties don't see a problem here.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You know there's no good argument against Manchin's ID proposal so now you're deflecting.

And states closing polling places and mandating "one drop box per county" and other BS absolutely impact long lines.
You know there’s no defending your opinion so you’re bringing up arguments that have been destroyed in the past and pretending that they haven’t been destroyed before.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

Total bullshit!

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
From the article:

…The mass cancellations, called voter “purges” by their critics, target registered voters who moved or didn’t participate in elections for several years…

…Cancellations of voter registrations occur every other year as required by state law to remove ineligible or infrequent voters from the state’s voter rolls.

Even if their registrations are canceled, eligible voters can re-register to vote in future elections.

Raffensperger said canceling obsolete registrations will ensure Georgia’s voter lists are accurate…

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
From the article:

…The mass cancellations, called voter “purges” by their critics, target registered voters who moved or didn’t participate in elections for several years…

…Cancellations of voter registrations occur every other year as required by state law to remove ineligible or infrequent voters from the state’s voter rolls.

Even if their registrations are canceled, eligible voters can re-register to vote in future elections.

Raffensperger said canceling obsolete registrations will ensure Georgia’s voter lists are accurate…
Insurrect ;you wienie....OR are you a fey supporter of Dumps

howeda7

Reaction score
From the article:

Every other year eh? So if you skip one midterm you're purged?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Let me summarize….. The Republicans are passing terrible, racist, bills to make it so D voters can’t/don’t vote. After 1pm. No water. Etc. They are doing this because it is the only way they can win in the future. They wouldn’t win a single election without these terrible, racist, bills. If any Rs do win in the future, it was because of these cheating methods. Oh, and Delaware’s laws don’t matter. This is today’s left.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Every other year eh? So if you skip one midterm you're purged?
That’s not what it said. I guess you’re not smart enough to understand the difference between the period of time since someone has last voted and a 2 year cycle of evaluating that.

GopherJake

Reaction score
That’s not what it said. I guess you’re not smart enough to understand the difference between the period of time since someone has last voted and a 2 year cycle of evaluating that.
I was thinking the same thing. What is the former?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. What is the former?
…the state must remove registration records from the voter rolls that have been deemed "inactive" for more than three years. A voter is categorized as "inactive" if they don't vote in two general elections and have had no contact with board of elections in that time…

It’s definitely not 2 years.

GopherJake

Reaction score
…the state must remove registration records from the voter rolls that have been deemed "inactive" for more than three years. A voter is categorized as "inactive" if they don't vote in two general elections and have had no contact with board of elections in that time…

It’s definitely not 2 years.
That's not entirely clear to me. So it's 3 years?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
That's not entirely clear to me. So it's 3 years?
They don’t explicitly define the term “general election”, however, it appears that Georgia goes to great lengths to notify potentially “inactive” voters and that the voter has made no attempt to communicate with the elections offices after mailings have reached out to them.

3 years would be the minimum with no contact or response from the voter, but it looks like it would likely be even more.

election officials will mail a notice to the last known address of people who have been in “inactive” status for more than three years and had no contact with election officials during that time. A registration is moved to “inactive” status when the person fails to respond to a pre-addressed, postage paid confirmation card asking them to confirm or update their information. The confirmation card is required to be sent to people who have filed a National Change of Address Card with the U.S. Postal Service indicating that they have moved to a new address, had election mail returned as undeliverable, or did not have any contact with election officials (including not voting) for the three prior years.

The process started under the National Voter Registration Act of 1993, signed into federal law by then-President Bill Clinton. Additional laws were passed in Georgia regarding list maintenance in 1994 by a Democrat majority General Assembly and signed into law by a Democrat Governor. Lastly, these laws were implemented by a Democrat Georgia Secretary of State.

Both federal and state law require election officials to conduct list maintenance on registration records where the person has died or moved to a different address. Georgia law specifically requires elections officials to remove registration records that have been in “inactive” status for two general elections and have had no contact with election officials during that time…

GopherJake

Reaction score
Prediction:

There will be actual, significant voter fraud in one of the next couple upcoming general elections and it will be organized by/executed by MAGA Rs.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I‘ll take that bet. 2024?
I would definitely make a friendly wager. The assertion is pretty vague. Come up with some sort of gentlemen's bet, let's use the honor system and you're on. How about if I win, you need to buy the beers and if you win, I do? And yes, by 2024.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I would definitely make a friendly wager. The assertion is pretty vague. Come up with some sort of gentlemen's bet, let's use the honor system and you're on. How about if I win, you need to buy the beers and if you win, I do? And yes, by 2024.
I was speaking specifically of the 2024 election. That should give the MAGA activists plenty of time to organize their conspiracy.

Unless you come to Chicago or Naples, FL, it’s unlikely we can “buy beers” in anything other than by delivery. I haven’t been to Minneapolis in 6 years. I’ve still got a $100 gift certificate to Manny’s that we purchased about 6 years ago. It’s yours if you win. It might buy you a steak without sides by 2024.

The conspiratorial election fraud has to be significant and demonstrably proven.

Top Bottom