Volleball Upset

MNBob

MNBob
Reaction score
The Gophers upset a top ten team when they beat Iilinois on the road 3 sets to 2. They broke the 22 match home winning streak of Illinois. They were down 24-21 in the fourth set and scored five straight points to win 26-24. It was an amazing come back.

Ugghh...

I watched the first four sets including the great comeback in the fourth, then my cable went out. :cry:

The rally in the 4th game was really fun. Then they simply controlled the 5th.

The rally in the 4th game was really fun. Then they simply controlled the 5th.

I knew the result of the match, but still couldn't believe we took that 4th set as I watched it on my DVR hours later. Some of the digs the team made were incredible.

The team seems to be really clicking right now. I can't wait for the last two matches (especially the one with PSU)

I've really started getting into volleyball lately. I took my three year old to her first volleyball game this spring. This spring was the first time I had been to a college VB game, and the first time I have been to any VB game in about 10 years. This was a really exciting match. I started going to the games for my daughter's benefit, but I'm getting into it.

I need to get my six year old to a VB game. They have always been out of town when I thought of it before. ggrrrrrrrr....

I signed my daughter up for Goldy's Kids club. It's $15 and gets them in for free to non-revenue games. The audult who takes them there gets in for $5. It pays for itself quickly. I'm taking my daughter to a party with Goldy before the women's hockey game this Sunday.

Coach Hebert and the ladies certainly deserve more attention than they receive. You can almost always count on the team being very talented, nationally ranked, making the NCAAs and playing their best volleyball at the end of the year. Seems this year is simply more par for the course! :clap::clap::clap:

Gophers upset #7 Penn State tonight at the Sports Pavilion!

Great day for the Gophs with the Iowa game and now this one! SKi U Mah!

Top Bottom