Virginia hires Tony Bennett!!!!

Sabre forum makes me laugh!

"You can't even google this guy's name thanks to that no talent assclown singer **"

Hopefully they'll get over not getting Tubby and realize that Bennett might be a good thing for them.

I took some offense at the slap against TB the singer.

My biggest concern is recruiting...when you say "very good" in what way? Looking at his commit list over his 3 years at WSU there are almost no 4 & 5 star recruits...do you mean finding diamond-in-the-rough and/or players that fit his system type "very good"?

That thesabre website is the worst forum format I've ever seen in my life. It's like something straight out of 1995.

I wouldn't be surprised if their members dial-up their 56k modem every time they want to post something.

Well it's a long way from the place.........

"where little cable cars, climb half way to the stars"........:)

Am I dreaming or didn't Dick Bennett coach the Badgers before Bo Ryan? You think they would have mentioned that instead of WGB?

Strange to say the least.

That thesabre website is the worst forum format I've ever seen in my life. It's like something straight out of 1995.

I wouldn't be surprised if their members dial-up their 56k modem every time they want to post something.

too funny! it says founded in 1996 on the front of the sabre. guessing they started her up in '96 and basically said well now we have that part taken care of. it is like they haven't thought about site navigation since bill clinton was playing his sax on the arsenio hall show!

A good hire by Virginia. I think they'll be quite satisfied with young Mr. Bennett in the very near future.

Am I dreaming or didn't Dick Bennett coach the Badgers before Bo Ryan? You think they would have mentioned that instead of WGB?

Strange to say the least.

I thought the same thing! Maybe the VA press thinks Green Bay is the top spot since it's where the Packers play? :rolleyes:

My biggest concern is recruiting...when you say "very good" in what way? Looking at his commit list over his 3 years at WSU there are almost no 4 & 5 star recruits...do you mean finding diamond-in-the-rough and/or players that fit his system type "very good"?

It might actually be tough to tell about his recruiting from a distance. He definitely had a hand in recruiting a group of players to Madison who raised several Big Ten title banners, so the guy knows how to evaluate talent.

If he follows the Badger way in Virginia, he'll have some well schooled, fundamentally strong players who run the system very well. That's what Wisconsin has had ever both Dick Bennett and Bo Ryan took over and its also how young Tony's teams played at Washington State. How that'll fare in the ACC is a question. I guess Virginia fans are about to find out.

Regardless, lets get that practice facility built

and now!!!
If we want to play with the big boys we need to have big toys!!!!!!

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deeee Fence !

It will be interesting to see what a defensive coach can do in that run and gun ACC. I gotta think the kid can coach. Best of luck to UV now that they are out of the Tubby-patch !

:clap: :clap: :clap:

recruiting talented 3 players like his last frosh class would be like Carmondy having Minnesota's class at Northwestern and it has nothing to do with academics.

What a great hire! We will miss Tony Bennett over here at WSU. Talk about a guy that was able to bring players to a dump like Pullman and turn around an impotent basketball program. If he can do well defensively in the Pac 10, I'm sure he will do fine in the ACC with his defensive philosophy. Tony was a God over here and I wonder what he can do with a Virginia program that must have in-state talent.

I agree UVA did very well. Hopefully they'll come to see that quickly before they poison the waters.

and now!!!
If we want to play with the big boys we need to have big toys!!!!!!

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there already some plans and funding in place for this thing??

I had heard some rumors indicating such, which is apparently what Tubby is really looking for. Does anybody have any info on this??

most of us are none too pleased, but that's mostly because we don't know much about him. Congrats on keeping your coach, he's a great one and I'm sure we made a run at him. Good luck next year

In the long run you may be better of with Bennett. Bennett is 39 years old. Turned down LSU, IU and Marquette last year. The more you find out about Bennett the more you will like him.

Tony Bennett recruited NBA players Devin Harris and Alando Tucker to Wisconsin. Kyle Weaver to WSU.

Klay Thompson and DeAngelo Casto were both named to the Pac 10 all freshman team.

Bennett does not recruit off of recruiting lists with stars. He has a better eye for talent than those hack scouts.

It will be interesting to see what a defensive coach can do in that run and gun ACC. I gotta think the kid can coach. Best of luck to UV now that they are out of the Tubby-patch !

:clap: :clap: :clap:
It's the beginning of the end for the ACC.

Something has got to give. Lowest scoring ACC team this year was FSU at 68.6.
Tony's WSU team averaged 59.3. Only one other PAC-10 team averaged less than 67.4.

I think that Tony Bennett will be fine at Virginia. I didn't think he would leave the Palouse until Bo Ryan hung it up down in Madison, but then again what do I know?

Besides, a little defense in a league allergic to it could take him a long ways.

Top Bottom