Videos: Top 10 Gophers Football Plays of 2013

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
They're ranking the top 10 plays of the year. #10 is Aaron Hill's pick 6. Surprised it isn't a little bit higher. I know we lost but that was probably the most exciting play of the year at the time it happened.

They're ranking the top 10 plays of the year. #10 is Aaron Hill's pick 6. Surprised it isn't a little bit higher. I know we lost but that was probably the most exciting play of the year at the time it happened.
I was thinking along those same lines. I can't wait to see what the "better" plays are but I have a feeling that I'll disagree with at least a few of them.
The Rouser after that touchdown was about as loud as I can remember going back to the first pregame Rouser on opening day at TCF and after the fumble recovery for a score to take a lead late in that Air Force game.

They're probably going to put the blocked FG from the UNLV game on the list as well...

James Manuel Pick 6 at Northwestern. Shortly after the phantom pick call.
Marcus Jones 98 yard kick off return
Briean Boddy-Calhoun 89 yard pick six
Hageman Blocked field goal and Shabazz return.

James Manuel Pick 6 at Northwestern. Shortly after the phantom pick call.
Marcus Jones 98 yard kick off return
Briean Boddy-Calhoun 89 yard pick six
Hageman Blocked field goal and Shabazz return.

Funny. Aren't the 3 out of 4 of those (the last three) all from the UNLV game?

can't forget the backwards pass that we picked up to seal the IU game

can't forget the backwards pass that we picked up to seal the IU game
That's the other one that competes with the Wisconsin pick six for excitement for me.
And I don't disagree that all of the other plays listed were big plays. They just didn't make me as excited as I was during that pick against the Badgers.

There were so many exciting plays this year. I even include PN's pass to Maxx to ice the Nebraska game as a truly exciting play.

However, the pass to Engel gave the Gophers their 1st lead over Nebraska in 45 years. The crowd was wild from that point onward.

Hopefully, in a couple of years, I will look back at it as the moment everything changed for the Gophers!

Video: #9 Plays of the Year: Mitch Leidner Scores 4 TDs vs. San Jose State

Go Gophers!!

What's funny is the pass to Cobb they keep showing to start the highlights, is a backwards lateral and could easily have turned into the Indiana play. In other words, not the sort of swing pass you like to see out to a running back. Could have picked a better looking introductory play...

Top Bottom