Video: Kiffin tosses visor to Tennessee fan after Alabama win in Knoxville

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

Alabama dominated Tennessee on Saturday afternoon in Knoxville, putting a 49-10 beatdown on the Vols for the Tide's largest margin of victory over Tennessee since 1906.

Lane Kiffin is still one of the biggest villains for the Tennessee faithful, and he seemed to enjoy hanging nearly fifty points on Tennessee in Neyland Stadium. His offense racked up nearly 600 yards of offense, including more than 400 rushing yards.

As Kiffin walked off the field after the game, he took his Alabama visor off and tossed it into the crowd to a Tennessee fan.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...tennessee-fan-after-alabama-win-in-knoxville/

Go Gophers!!

Only if you are thinking of him as an OC. HC is not his gig. He's a complete failure in that capacity.

Pretty small sample size and he's very young. Pete Carroll was a failure then he wasn't. Not saying I want him or that he'd be a fit here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lane Kiffen

per CBS:

Alabama dominated Tennessee on Saturday afternoon in Knoxville, putting a 49-10 beatdown on the Vols for the Tide's largest margin of victory over Tennessee since 1906.

Lane Kiffin is still one of the biggest villains for the Tennessee faithful, and he seemed to enjoy hanging nearly fifty points on Tennessee in Neyland Stadium. His offense racked up nearly 600 yards of offense, including more than 400 rushing yards.

As Kiffin walked off the field after the game, he took his Alabama visor off and tossed it into the crowd to a Tennessee fan.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...OTE] He is the definition of a immature tool.

Only if you are thinking of him as an OC. HC is not his gig. He's a complete failure in that capacity.

I don't like Kiffin as a person, but his run as a HC is strange.

Oakland Raiders - - He had to coach for Al Davis with Jamarcus Russell as his QB. One of the biggest issues between Kiffin and management was a disagreement about Russell. Russell held out and was awful and Kiffin sort of went down with that ship (he looked to be 100% right in this situation). I don't like Kiffin, but it would be really hard to put any of that on him. The entire Oakland situation ended horribly, so it's hard to say exactly what happened.

Tennessee - - His one season in Tennessee was pretty good. He looked to be turning around a program that was struggling quite a bit. It is why the fans were so hurt when he stabbed them in the back and returned to USC.

USC - - It wasn't the USC of old, but he won 10 games one season and was really held back by the sanctions. He went 28-15 (17-12 in Pac 10), things haven't gotten better at USC since he left.

It's really inaccurate to call him a complete failure as a Head Coach.

He is the definition of a immature tool.

I actually thought he was trying to throw it to the Alabama fans right there. The Tennessee fan who got the visor is surrounded by Alabama fans asking for it.

I don't like Kiffin as a person, but his run as a HC is strange.

Oakland Raiders - - He had to coach for Al Davis with Jamarcus Russell as his QB. One of the biggest issues between Kiffin and management was a disagreement about Russell. Russell held out and was awful and Kiffin sort of went down with that ship (he looked to be 100% right in this situation). I don't like Kiffin, but it would be really hard to put any of that on him. The entire Oakland situation ended horribly, so it's hard to say exactly what happened.

Tennessee - - His one season in Tennessee was pretty good. He looked to be turning around a program that was struggling quite a bit. It is why the fans were so hurt when he stabbed them in the back and returned to USC.

USC - - It wasn't the USC of old, but he won 10 games one season and was really held back by the sanctions. He went 28-15 (17-12 in Pac 10), things haven't gotten better at USC since he left.

It's really inaccurate to call him a complete failure as a Head Coach.

If you look strictly at results and the team contexts, you're right. But if you factor in that he has the maturity level of a 10-year-old, it'd be hard to ever entrust a team/program to him again. I'm not saying for sure that his immaturity ever hurt the team in previous situations, but it certainly didn't help. If he ever decides to grow up and act like an adult, he'll probably get another shot.

Top Bottom