Victory over Wisconsin

Hoolio

Reaction score
A few thoughts from the cheap seats.

This was not a fluke. Minnesota was the better team. I think Wisconsin probably has better individual talent but they just aren't clicking right now.

For the Gophers I thought Schaffmaster was locked in all night. Four different players with double digit kills shows she moved the ball around well. Zeynep was really solid digging and serving. Everyone else was solid as well with one exception I'll touch on later.

Big shout out to the fans at the Pav. The atmosphere was electric from the moment they opened the doors. I don't think I've ever heard it that loud in there.

Wisconsin has to get some things figured out although I won't mind if they don't. Carter Booth and Devyn Robinson are supremely talented players. Both were complete non factors. Sarah Franklin is a beast and was the only reason Wisconsin had a chance in this match. It was fun to watch her play.

The Gophers need to get Wucherer figured out. It sounds like she's battling an injury. She only played in the back row in set 1 and was aweful. In my opinion she's a 3 rotation player in only the front row. She's dangerous as a hitter but just continues to struggle in back. Get her healthy and keep her in the front row. Maybe next year she can take another shot at the back row. The heart of the Big Ten schedule is not the time to let her try to play her way through it.

Top Bottom