Vegas still not sold on Gophers

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
The latest LVSC poll is finally out. Gophers not ranked in the Oddsmakers' top 30.

http://vegassportsconnect.com/poll_cbb_week8.html

Louisville #11, MSU #12, Purdue #16. It shows that Michigan and Ohio State both dropped out this week after being ranked last week.

Hard to argue with this assessment a whole lot, considering we still don't have a REALLY impressive win. The Louisville win was nice, OSU was alright, but other than that, we haven't really been ultra impressive.

Long way to go though. And let's face it, none of these polls really mean anything in the first week of January.

What happens in Vegas...might not be relevant in March, anyway. As you said, Ogee, it's just the first week of January. At the same time, it's fun to be part of the roller coaster ride in these polls, even early in the season.

As exciting as the start to the season has been, Vegas is a much better indicator of where we stand than the polls.

I follow betting lines pretty well, but was not aware of this poll so I'm not going to get upset about it. In any case, I think we can be quite certain it's not a poll referenced by the Selection Committee. (Lord help us if it is.)

What I like about this team is not whether they are ranked or not but, that they seem to be improving steadily. They may not deserve their present ranking. However, at this rate maybe they will soon.

it is fun to even be talking about where we are ranked and by whom. i know it doesn't matter but it's fun to see our team recognized.

What do we take, if anything, from the two teams that have dropped out of that poll for this week are big ten teams??

>>They may not deserve their present ranking.<<

Perhaps. Enjoy it while we can. I suspect Big Ten coaches will expose a few of our weaknesses. On the other hand, our newcomers will continue to grow and blend.

I watched Texas and Arkansas last night and I don't think we would match up well with either of them...and Arkansas is unranked.

Top Bottom