VanDeSteeg signs with Baltimore

BleedGopher

Reaction score
VanDeSteeg picks Baltimore over Vikes, Lions
Posted on April 26th, 2009 – 8:46 PM
By Mark Craig

I’m working on a story on the players with Minnesota ties who have signed with NFL teams as rookie free agents. Gotta run quick, but I wanted to get it out there that Gophers defensive end Willie VanDeSteeg has signed with the Ravens.

He was negotiating with the Vikings and Lions as well, but felt his best chances of making a roster was in Baltimore.

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs.../?location_refer=Homepage:PromoScroller:Blogs

Go Gophers!!

That was quick. Best of luck to him.

Nice!! To bad the vikes didnt get him though.

Great News!

When I saw Murtha go to Detroit in the 7th round, I flashed back to the Hutchinson vs. Glencoe Silver Lake game from 5 years ago. Willie beat Murtha like a drum.

I see The Flying Dutchman as a kind of modern day Karl Mechlenburg. Great Team, great defense, great opportunity. Good luck Willie!

I wish the Vikings could have signed him but I really hope he has a successful NFL career.
________
RANCHERO

He's probably a 3-4 guy at the next level, so I can understand him wanting to go to a team that plays that system. I believe Baltimore does.

Good luck to him.

I don't doubt that VdS beat the tar out of Murtha. Murtha has always struck me as a guy who looks better than he plays.

Kucek invited to the Vikingsd rookie mini-camp next week.

Willie is quick

He has an extremely quick first step. I would have loved to have seen 10 yard times on the team and specifically The Flying Dutchman. I am not talking about speed. He was making all those behind the line tackles because, he was in the backfield.

Its a long way from Silver Lake to Ray Lewis. Good Luck Mr. Van De Steeg

Top Bottom