Vacation in Iowa?

Iceland12

Reaction score
Just signed in and there was a "Vacation in Iowa" banner ad across the top of the page. Is this a result of the football and basketball wins or does the Iowa Department of Tourism think that the off-topic and football boards are full of people longing to head to Iowa for the lakes? :eek:

I dunno, I guess you could go see a Broadway show or something.

You can vacation down here and hang out with me.

Come down to The Lakes!! It's a great getaway spot!!

I once spent a month in Iowa one night.

Go Gophers!!

I once spent a month in Iowa one night.

Go Gophers!!

You one upped me Bleed....I always said I spent a week there one night. More Power to you, my friend.

Especially in Ames!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have lived in "hell" for 7 yrs now, god time flies. The only vacation place I can think of around here is Okoboji. Still have alot of family in the Twin Cities and its only a 4 hr drive so I visit quite often.

I lived in Lamoni many years ago. Now, let's see, vacation spots . . . not that bad. The Chiefs, Royals and a load of BBQ in KC. Cardinal baseball, the Arch and a load of blues in St. Looie. Ozarks are nice and not far. Wait, none of those places are in Iowa. Crap!

It's the Minnesota version of Stoicism: Just because you're going on vacation, doesn't mean you should enjoy it.

Okoboji is about the only place I would go to "vacation" in Iowa. In fact it was pretty fun to go there when I lived in Iowa City for 3 years. Especially since it's mostly Iowa State fans and Nebraska fans that residence there.

After living in Florida for 8 years, pretty much every place in the Midwest is awful. Des Moines, Minneapolis, St. Louis......but in the summertime, the lakes is actually a lot of fun. Considering no place around here is actually "Fun"

After living in Florida for 8 years, pretty much every place in the Midwest is awful. Des Moines, Minneapolis, St. Louis......but in the summertime, the lakes is actually a lot of fun. Considering no place around here is actually "Fun"

Liberty City, Bradenton, Hollywood, Downtown Daytona Beach, Saint Augustine, Jacksonville, Downtown Orlando, Melbourne, Haines City, Lakeland, Plant City, Fort Pierce, Palm Coast worked and/or vacationed in ALL those places in Florida. Most don't even reach the level of awful.

Unless "doesn't constantly freeze" is one's personal mantra or by fun you mean utterly depressing but you can buy beer on Sundays.

Still better then Iowa though.

I grew up in Minnesota, but now I have spent the last three years living in Colorado/Southern California. Now, I am moving to St. Louis in a couple of months. I'm not very excited about it. That arch can only give you so much pleasure.

Liberty City, Bradenton, Hollywood, Downtown Daytona Beach, Saint Augustine, Jacksonville, Downtown Orlando, Melbourne, Haines City, Lakeland, Plant City, Fort Pierce, Palm Coast worked and/or vacationed in ALL those places in Florida. Most don't even reach the level of awful.

Unless "doesn't constantly freeze" is one's personal mantra or by fun you mean utterly depressing but you can buy beer on Sundays.

Still better then Iowa though.

You think Minnesota is better than Florida? You can't be serious.

You think Minnesota is better than Florida? You can't be serious.
I personally do. Probably why I'm moving back there in January. Been to Florida a few times at different times of the year. I thought the humidity was bad in MN till I went there. That and the old people down there seem to think everything is owed to them for whatever reason and anybody under 40 is a hooligan. Oh and alligators are not cool! Just my experience though. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Florida is nice but if you hate fire ants, cockroaches, really large mosquitos

get heat rash, hate any and all snakes and really do not like alligators hissing at you then yes it is a great place. Just do not spend to much time in Bradenton, first time I ever witnessed someone shooting from a car window. Ah none the less we have our problems too, just Florida is not for everyone even if you like the ocean. Damn genetics and heat rash pretty much negates my chances of living there and I'm not even fat.

You think "blank" is better than Florida? You can't be serious.

If you've seen the TV series World's Dumbest you'd know it wouldn't even exist without the state of Florida. :eek:

To be fair though, there are hundreds of thousands of people that would agree that the Sunshine State is the best place to live.

If you are homeless or have an alcohol problem; are under 25 or over 70; love the beach; think saying "Welcome to the Magic Kingdom" or "board to your left" are great "car-rear" moves; are illegal or of Latin descent or you just think 300 pound women and 130 pound men make great couples then no, you would not think that Florida would be a bad place to live.

One not so inclined would be able to find sections of Carolina, Maine, Missouri, Texas or Virginia to be a much better place to live. Those not mentioned would find whole swaths of places in Colorado, Hawaii, Washington state, California, Wisconsin and yep, Minnesota MUCH better places to live.

Just an opinion based on being done there too much.

Florida ranks near the bottom on my list of states I prefer to visit.

Florida is a great place to visit, but I would not want to live there.

So is Iowa. My longest visit to Iowa was when I drove thru the state on the way from Minneapolis to Kansas City.

One thing I like about Iowa is the bewildered look on peoples face when they see me with Gophers gear on.

I lived in Florida for a few years when I was in the military. I moved back. The roaches kept hogging the covers.

Minnesota is a great place to live. If you like fat ugly chicks, mullets, moon boots and Zubaz. Lots of dorky people in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin etc....Oh but the fishing is amazing!!! LMAO!!! Nerds!

Minnesota is a great place to live. If you like fat ugly chicks, mullets, moon boots and Zubaz. Lots of dorky people in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin etc....Oh but the fishing is amazing!!! LMAO!!! Nerds!

"And coming back with a witty response from 1988 - Heeerres Carlos!" :clap::clap::clap:

You're right the chicks in Florida are just fat and not ugly, good call. I've seen more mullets here in AZ in the last 2 years than I saw in the other 23 years I was in MN and IA. Moon boots? Really? The only time I've seen those in the last 2 decades was in Napolean Dynamite which was in Idaho....yeah and Zubaz are freakin sweet!:D

Carlos, a dorky person should not call dorky people dorky. A Nerd should not call other nerds nerds.

You went on a vacation in Iowa? - Better switch to Captital One.

Top Bottom