USC Talent

balds

Reaction score
I checked rivals. From 2008-2011, USC had 13 5 star and 47 4 star recruits. According to Mel Kiper, they have two top 5 picks in the LT and the WR Woods, as well as a first round pick in QB Barkley. I'm not a huge star guy, but its obvious that our young, inexperienced team was playing against some serious talent yesterday.

I think the fantasy recruiter rankers had a pretty poor handle on that 2008 -2011 group of fantasy star high school recruits....what was USC's record last year....what will it end up being in 2011? Those were some pretty inflated high school fantasy recruiting rankings based on last year's results and their first game in 2011.

Yeah, it's not an exact science. It's a decent indicator.

Let's not be Kiffin and throw players under the bus for a 8-5 record due to coaching inability... that being said- Good coaches can turn nothing into something, where bad coaches can turn something into nothing. Enter USC post- Pete Carroll era into the Lane Kiffin era. On the flip side, Jerry Kill turned mediocre players into a group that nearly beat Wisconsin and did beat our Gophers. What can he do with a team of 3 stars and a handful of 4 stars. Our future looks bright, I think.

The SC cheerleaders all look like first round talent, pending combine stats and wonderlic results of course.

Kiffin is a bad coach, simple as that.

And Barkley is the other top 5 pick as projected by Mel. Woods isn't eligible for the draft this year.

No different than the talent gap between NDSU and the Gophers in a given year.

Games aren't played on paper. That's why they line up and play....

No different than the talent gap between NDSU and the Gophers in a given year.

Games aren't played on paper. That's why they line up and play....
I really think the talent gap is wider between USC and Mn than the Gophers and NDSU.

Top Bottom