USC scrimmage footage

GVTTW

Reaction score
Here is a vid of USC's first scrimmage for anyone interested. Those RB's make me nervous; especially that DJ Morgan. He runs with some real intensity.

Meh...looks sloppy and undisciplined like any first scrimmage.

I'm really not concerned about USC. I don't realistically expect to win the game (If they do, I'll just take it as a pleasant surprise). I'mnot expecting miracles this year, but I do want to see steady improvement on both sides of the ball. I take USC as a major program, with large, hostile crowd as a great learning experience for the team.

Is USC's offense that good or is their defense that bad? If I were Limegrover I'd be licking my chops over the appearance of that defense.

USC Looks slooooowwww...and the defense was reaaalllllllyyyyyy slooooooooooooooooooow....... Maybe that is because a lot of effort wasn't there for the scrimmage. One thing I noticed is that their lines are bigger, but they can't move. Their running back does have good hip movement and some nice acceleration. Not too concerned as long as the D plays quick. Their players aren't very disciplined either. He he!

Can't believe I am going to say this already...here it goes. Gophers will win their first game. They'll be ready. Been keeping up and have heard the coaches say something that I wasn't expecting until next year. That is that a lot of improvement was made during the summer. The players took it to heart. It just might be a fourth quarter smack down.

Few observations:

1) There is NO WAY USC is that slow / sloppy on D. Looked to me like they were working on getting to areas for blocking assignments / protections and not full-contact or full pass rush. If they are, Oregon will put up 60+ on them,

2) Morgan will be tough. I think he will be the #1 RB with Baxter spelling him, and

3) That Butler made an awfully nice catch.

Is USC's offense that good or is their defense that bad? If I were Limegrover I'd be licking my chops over the appearance of that defense.

I was wondering the same thing about the defense since almost every clip is of another offensive touchdown, except for the pick 6 by the CB.

USC will be tough. I question their depth on the line of scrimmage with the infractions. That is usually the hardest place to replace during these probationary periods. Skill players can be replaced more quickly but the line of scrimmage is always the hardest to maintain.

Top Bottom