USC and Sentreal

Reaction score
In college basketball recruiting, you often see a powerhouse team promise to play at least one game in a top recruits home town/state. That is why you will see Duke playing in Buffalo or Anchorage sometimes. Could USC be scheduling a game in Minnesota as a gift to Sentreal Henderson?
Let me know your thoughts.

In college basketball recruiting, you often see a powerhouse team promise to play at least one game in a top recruits home town/state. That is why you will see Duke playing in Buffalo or Anchorage sometimes. Could USC be scheduling a game in Minnesota as a gift to Sentreal Henderson?
Let me know your thoughts.

No, because if Marcus Fuller's info is correct we will go there in 2010 and they will come here in 2016. By that time Henderson should be a three year vet in the NFL....

No, because if Marcus Fuller's info is correct we will go there in 2010 and they will come here in 2016. By that time Henderson should be a three year vet in the NFL....

You raise a very good point!

Actually, read Fuller's info again. It says BY 2016, not in 2016. That could mean any number of years. Football is not basketball - one game means more, and you've got to be sure the schedule is right years in advance. I think they would be overestimating Seantrel's worth if they scheduled a home/home just for him.

USC and the U isnt cuz of Seantrel its beacuse of the relationship of the new OC's on both teams. Fisch and Bates are best of friends and its no surprise this all started after they were both hired.

Maybe they are moving a game, cause otherwise, why would it even be discussed if they already have 12 games. Though, aren't you allowed to play 4 non conference games? They only have 3. They play 9 conference though.

The trick is to look at their schedule. Thier first game is @ Hawaii. The NCAA states that if you go to Hawaii during the year, you are allowed to play 13 games during the regular season. Look at Cincinatti this year.

The game would fit into their schedule on 9-18 2010, and it goes along with the fact that in the USC thread its stated that Washington State has a game scheduled against another team on 9-18 when they were supposted to play the Gophers @ tcf that day. That game can get moved to an open date on 9-4 and it all works out...

The trick is to look at their schedule. Thier first game is @ Hawaii. The NCAA states that if you go to Hawaii during the year, you are allowed to play 13 games during the regular season. Look at Cincinatti this year.

The game would fit into their schedule on 9-18 2010, and it goes along with the fact that in the USC thread its stated that Washington State has a game scheduled against another team on 9-18 when they were supposted to play the Gophers @ tcf that day. That game can get moved to an open date on 9-4 and it all works out...

Thanks for clearing that up!

Though USC wants and usually gets most of the top recruits it goes after, especially locally, I very highly doubt they schedule their games for one specific player. They may do it for exposure in an area, but not for an individual recruit. There is simply no need to do that.

Though USC wants and usually gets most of the top recruits it goes after, especially locally, I very highly doubt they schedule their games for one specific player. They may do it for exposure in an area, but not for an individual recruit. There is simply no need to do that.
this is not one specific player, this is the possible #1 player in the country.

this is not one specific player, this is the possible #1 player in the country.

So...think about this from the perspective of a school annually being one of if not the top schools in the nation. Why should the school change things for one player?

If I am to say it the way I see it in this thread, it might do the MN fans ego good to think this way, but in reality, the USC program will go on with or without the #1 player in the nation. They have gotten some of them in the past without taking such drastic measures. And they have not gotten some of them and did not take those measures. I mean, the school is a whole lot bigger then an individual player!

Even lesser schools with an opportunity to get the top players would not resort to such measures. For exposure to an area in general, yes, but to ensure a specific recruit...I very highly doubt it.

I would gladly see the gophs play a game in Barrow, Alaska if it meant we got the #1 player in the country.

in 2006 usc was recruiting #1 recruit percy harvin from virginia. in 2008 they played virginia. i agree that they wouldn't do this for any old recruit, as they have a limited # of NC games because they play ND. but if this is a player that they are targeting as a must get--then it would not be unheard of.

SC's recruiting area is mainly pac 10 country, but they are the kind of program that can go into other areas of the country and compete. especially if they are really high on a player

Sentreal

Every time I see him he has Buckeye garb on. Brew needs to work some recruiting magic.

the combination of your avatar and the content of your post made me throw up a little in my mouth

the combination of your avatar and the content of your post made me throw up a little in my mouth

Lets meet halfway (at least in my opinion)! There are player(s) catching their attention in MN and they want some exposure there! Fair enough?

Lets meet halfway (at least in my opinion)! There are player(s) catching their attention in MN and they want some exposure there! Fair enough?

bro-i am certainly not saying that you are wrong.

i just wouldn't put it by SC to this kind of thing if there was a special player that they really wanted.

I have no idea why this is so confusing to people. Exactly who is USC supposed to schedule otherwise?

Minnesota is Big Ten opponent and there is a history bvetween the teams. This would be the fourth Pac Ten team to schedule a home-and-home with Minnesota since plans to build TCF Stadium were announced.

Not having to play at a rented facility makes home-and-homes with the Gophers more attractive. The only surprise is that 1.) It's the most formidable program in the country at the moment, and 2.) We are already playing a lot of Pac Ten teams in the future.

I suppose this is because the teams in the Pac Ten are far more willing to play BCS-conference opponents than other high-profile programs (i.e. LSU - who never plays anyone if they can help it).

I have no idea why this is so confusing to people. Exactly who is USC supposed to schedule otherwise?

Minnesota is Big Ten opponent and there is a history bvetween the teams. This would be the fourth Pac Ten team to schedule a home-and-home with Minnesota since plans to build TCF Stadium were announced.

Not having to play at a rented facility makes home-and-homes with the Gophers more attractive. The only surprise is that 1.) It's the most formidable program in the country at the moment, and 2.) We are already playing a lot of Pac Ten teams in the future.

I suppose this is because the teams in the Pac Ten are far more willing to play BCS-conference opponents than other high-profile programs (i.e. LSU - who never plays anyone if they can help it).

I would say that Florida is the most formidable team in the country right now, but then again that's just me.

Our coach and AD would be too smart

to fall for an old trick like that!

Top Bottom