USA Today "The 10 Worst Fan Bases in Sports," #9 Notre Dame, #8 Texas

They are missing Iowa and Wisconsin football and North Dakota Hockey.
Other than being profane inbreds, I don’t have a problem with those fan bases.

The wisconsin football fans from MN are worse than the WI football fans from WI

The opposite is true of Iowa. The Iowa fans in the twin cities are better to be around than the Iowa fans in Iowa

I don’t know anything about hockey

Other than being profane inbreds, I don’t have a problem with those fan bases.

The wisconsin football fans from MN are worse than the WI football fans from WI

The opposite is true of Iowa. The Iowa fans in the twin cities are better to be around than the Iowa fans in Iowa

I don’t know anything about hockey
Your take on Iowa fans is interesting. Many threads on how horrible the Iowa fans are at Gophs home games, but the opposite at games in Iowa City. I have witnessed firsthand countless times how they are at Gophs home games. By far the worst IMHO.

Your take on Iowa fans is interesting. Many threads on how horrible the Iowa fans are at Gophs home games, but the opposite at games in Iowa City. I have witnessed firsthand countless times how they are at Gophs home games. By far the worst IMHO.
Iowa fans are a lot harder to peg I suppose. Some I have met are nice in iowa.

All Iowa Young fans are obnoxious drunks in my experience.
Old Iowa fans are nice 80% of the time in the twin cities and only 40% of the time in Iowa city

Iowa fans are a lot harder to peg I suppose. Some I have met are nice in iowa.

All Iowa Young fans are obnoxious drunks in my experience.
Old Iowa fans are nice 80% of the time in the twin cities and only 40% of the time in Iowa city
The Metrodome bathroom incident...just saying.

The Metrodome bathroom incident...just saying.
The metrodome bathroom incident was 2 people

I would also say that the vibe of wisconsin and Iowa fans in the stadium is different since coming to TCF

The Notre Dame fans and UT fans bit is something I always hear said by people who don't really know any Notre Dame or UT fans.

I know many fans of both of these teams and they REALLY don't believe they are like Alabama. They know they aren't and they are pissed about it but they have no delusions that they are actually premier programs right now.

Notre Dame fans are annoying but it has nothing to do with the misguided (IMO) opinion that they believe they are a dominant program. Their annoyance is that they pretend they do it the right way more than they actually do. If you talk to some of them, it's like they are Northwestern or Stanford somehow competing with the big boys. You'll hear things like "there is no way we can compete with Alabama because of our academics". They are annoying because they cast themselves as martyrs to their intellectual standards.

UT fans aren't that annoying to me. They are similar to Gopher hockey fans. They've had success and come from a recruiting hot bed. They think they should win more recruiting battles and they hate that being in that recruiting hot bed hasn't led to more wins. They are still a premier program in terms of draw and interest but I think people would be shocked at how defeated many UT fans are. Now, they have a breath of fresh air right now (newish coach and local phenom at QB (position of weakness) but I think any program in the country would be pumped about that.

The metrodome bathroom incident was 2 people

I would also say that the vibe of wisconsin and Iowa fans in the stadium is different since coming to TCF
There are countless other examples. No question from my experiences that Iowa fans at Gophs home games are the worst.

Mine are wisconsin
For a variety of reasons, I'm probably a little numb to Bucky fans. Been to a good dozen games in Madison and was treated pretty well considering.

For a variety of reasons, I'm probably a little numb to Bucky fans. Been to a good dozen games in Madison and was treated pretty well considering.
I’ve been treated really well in Madison but really poorly by wisconsin fans in Minneapolis

I’ve been treated really well by Iowa fans in Minneapolis and really poorly by Iowa fans in Iowa city

Agree with the Cowboys being pretty high, they are a brutal bunch when they see their team play on the road.

I would have had the Seattle Seahawks on there though; just an intolerable group and as bandwagon as it gets. It was barely 10-12 years ago they had bags on their heads and you couldn't give those tickets away and now somehow they've branded themselves "the 12".... yeah, right...

Agree with the Cowboys being pretty high, they are a brutal bunch when they see their team play on the road.

I would have had the Seattle Seahawks on there though; just an intolerable group and as bandwagon as it gets. It was barely 10-12 years ago they had bags on their heads and you couldn't give those tickets away and now somehow they've branded themselves "the 12".... yeah, right...

As someone who lived in Seattle when they won the Super Bowl...I fully endorse this post.

Badger fans once trampled 70 or so of their own celebrating a win. Not sure if any of the fan bases on the list achieved this level of ignominy.

Top Bottom