Urban Meyer's salary package at OSU?............................

froggopher

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if Urban's yearly moola will be more than Iowa's Kaptain Kirk!! Still can't believe KF makes $3.4M a year!!! God Almighty! When the Hawks fire Kirk after next season they will be shelling out a ton of money to that clown! My guess is that Meyer will probably pull down about $4M a year. :confused:Any Gopher fans agree with me? GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!! :clap:

Still can't believe KF makes $3.4M a year!!! God Almighty! When the Hawks fire Kirk after next season they will be shelling out a ton of money to that clown!

Why would Iowa fire him? He has given them a pretty damned solid ten-year stretch. Overpaid? Sure. Fire him? Doubtful.

Why would Iowa fire him? He has given them a pretty damned solid ten-year stretch. Overpaid? Sure. Fire him? Doubtful.

It's all relative, but I can't think of a college football coach at a major program who, in the whole scheme of things, really isn't overpaid. But, as Earth, Wind & Fire so beautifully crooned, "That's the way (yow) of the world (yow)."

Barreiro was going over the entire contract in his show yesterday. I am sure it's podcasted.

There was something about 250k signing bonus, 1,200 a month in car allowances, 12 tickets to games + 5 press passes + box suite for fam, golf membership, basketball tickets and some other perks.

Even Michigan attempts to look like a B1G school rather than an SEC school, not OSU. They are right there with Alabama and Texas in making sure everyone knows they have the money and they will just out spend you. They could get an excellent coach for half the money, but then they would actually have to look like a univesity rather than an NFL team.
Bleep them.

Even Michigan attempts to look like a B1G school rather than an SEC school, not OSU. They are right there with Alabama and Texas in making sure everyone knows they have the money and they will just out spend you. They could get an excellent coach for half the money, but then they would actually have to look like a univesity rather than an NFL team.
Bleep them.

Good one. Agree 100%. It's like the value that a polo player or an alligator means to a shirt.

I think this is a good thing for us Gopher fans...don't you think that in the back of his mind Kill is thinking, dang, they already extended me once, if I can turn this thing around in a couple of years and start winning I'll be getting a significant raise, not on Meyer's level but a nice little increase. I hope it happens.

I saw a tweet that Fickel would stay at his $750,000 salary he earned as HC>

I have the wrong number up top, 6 years/ $26.__(don't remember decimal) million.

Top Bottom