Updated NCAA Financial Figures (2013 Data)

I'm not sure this is the correct way to look at this, but I subtracted total expenses from total revenue to see which university athletic programs turn the largest profit or loss.

SXVGYig.jpg

Is there any way to enlarge this so I can reed it?

This is one way to look at this, the other would be to subtract the "Subsidy" column as well.

The difference between the two methods would be:

1) The Method you did is currently reflective of the income statement as a Non Profit.

2) Subtracting subsidies is closer to a for profit model. Losses are larger than reported here (in a for profit model)... Which is $2.45 Billion across all universities reported, because the Revenue includes Donations.

Additionally, it is worthy to note that these are not perfectly comparable. As the Financial Statements don't necessarily have uniform standards. This is due to differences in how these are "carved out" from the larger Universities and how those Universities allocate certain costs. It is best to view these as an industry than it is to compare say, Texas A&M to Coppin State.

This is one way to look at this, the other would be to subtract the "Subsidy" column as well.

The difference between the two methods would be:

1) The Method you did is currently reflective of the income statement as a Non Profit.

2) Subtracting subsidies is closer to a for profit model. Losses are larger than reported here (in a for profit model)... Which is $2.45 Billion across all universities reported, because the Revenue includes Donations.

Additionally, it is worthy to note that these are not perfectly comparable. As the Financial Statements don't necessarily have uniform standards. This is due to differences in how these are "carved out" from the larger Universities and how those Universities allocate certain costs. It is best to view these as an industry than it is to compare say, Texas A&M to Coppin State.

Can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about the things?

Can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about the things?

Oops, I meant to hit "Reply with Quote" to Texas Aggie who was asked a question in his post with spreadsheets.

Top Bottom