Updated Ht-Wt and pictures on 2012 Roster

I'm surprised Edwards is only 212, given that he should be a full-time LB now.

32 Edwards, Lamonte Linebacker 6-2 212

Yeah, it's a little surprising. I don't expect him to ever be more than 225 ish, so like 5 lbs more than Coop. He is kind of a unique guy in that he always seems to be bigger than he really is because of his strength.

As far as Alipate. . .yeah, he doesn't seem to shrink. I didn't expect him to come in the size of a normal QB, but I was kind of thinking he'd come in lighter than 280 (265 ish).

Yeah, it's a little surprising. I don't expect him to ever be more than 225 ish, so like 5 lbs more than Coop. He is kind of a unique guy in that he always seems to be bigger than he really is because of his strength.

As far as Alipate. . .yeah, he doesn't seem to shrink. I didn't expect him to come in the size of a normal QB, but I was kind of thinking he'd come in lighter than 280 (265 ish).

He is a TE now so the QB size doesn't really matter, but I don't know what to think of him being 295. They might as well convert him to OL if he is going to be that big. Jason Peters was a 300+ pound TE that eventually converted to OT in the NFL.

He is a TE now so the QB size doesn't really matter, but I don't know what to think of him being 295. They might as well convert him to OL if he is going to be that big. Jason Peters was a 300+ pound TE that eventually converted to OT in the NFL.

Ernie Heifort's got a sweet new hairdo.

Wow. Eye-popping just how many Freshmen and Sophomores there are on the roster, AND getting major minutes. Hard not to look ahead to 2013 and beyond and not get excited. Whoever starts at QB next year will have the benefit of stepping into a huddle with 10 returning starters.

I know, that's why I said that I didn't expect him to slim down to the size of a QB or anything, but I expected him to come in smaller than 280. It'll be interesting to see what Moses has at TE, but I am pessimistic about the chances that his 295 is "good weight".

On a side note, Peters was a freak show TE coming out of college. I remember when he first was drafted he didn't really do much but special teams. They'd just line him up in the middle of the KO as a wedge buster, a 6'5" 330 lbs wedgebuster who runs like a slowish TE. The kickoff was the most exciting play on those Bills games.

Wow. Eye-popping just how many Freshmen and Sophomores there are on the roster, AND getting major minutes. Hard not to look ahead to 2013 and beyond and not get excited. Whoever starts at QB next year will have the benefit of stepping into a huddle with 10 returning starters.

Yeah, that's the weird thing, we really are STILL a couple years away from a normal aged college football team. I'm excited about our OL, but we are so young along the OL.

I wonder to whom he lost the bet.

He put on some weight too, good for him. He was 233 coming into camp last year. Ernie put on 40 lbs of weight in essentially 1 calender year. I remember when we watched the move in videos from 2011 and Ernie looked so young, a few guys were speculating that he would be able to put a lot of weight on because Ernie looked so young (was thought that he was late bloomer). So yeah, he's getting to be right there as far as size of an OT, good for him.

Uhhhh.....new OT/OG?

28 Alipate, Moses Tight End 6-5 297

I'm beginning to doubt that these numbers are accurate or up to date. I'm going to wait until camp has progressed and see what happens with these numbers and how and where they are listed. If you use the roster here, then go to GG Gridiron and check out that site as well, Edwards has three different weights. Alipate is listed at 235 at GG Gridiron (probably way in error). I would guess that using the roster in either site is not going to be accurate right now. A lot of this work is done by interns. Let's see what ends up in the game program for the New Hampshire game.

I know, that's why I said that I didn't expect him to slim down to the size of a QB or anything, but I expected him to come in smaller than 280. It'll be interesting to see what Moses has at TE, but I am pessimistic about the chances that his 295 is "good weight".

On a side note, Peters was a freak show TE coming out of college. I remember when he first was drafted he didn't really do much but special teams. They'd just line him up in the middle of the KO as a wedge buster, a 6'5" 330 lbs wedgebuster who runs like a slowish TE. The kickoff was the most exciting play on those Bills games.

Maybe the extra TE in a 3 TE set - Not as muscular - but a Kleinsasser\Beast blocker type?

Whoever starts at QB next year will have the benefit of stepping into a huddle with 10 returning starters.

Doubtful. Rabe is a cinch to start, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Green start because of his experience. The other 10 will have a lot of experience either way, though.

I overlooked the totality of that but it could be the Jerry excuse if a 3-9 season rains down on us fans. 'these kids are young...mostly underclassmen'

Wanna see a bad-ass football picture? Check out Ra'Shede Hageman. All business. A lot of these guys are smiling and look like they just finished helping old ladies across the street. Not Optimus Prime - yikes!

Maybe the extra TE in a 3 TE set - Not as muscular - but a Kleinsasser\Beast blocker type?

Could be, I've just never seen the guy play anything but a small amount of QB.

It might be fair to Moses, but after hearing for years how he has been struggling with his weight, i'd have to think that it wasn't lean muscle mass that has bulked him up to 297. I could be wrong, that's just a guess. I could definitely be wrong, but I am not super optmistic that we'll get a whole lot out of Moses. I'm much more excited about KGM being moved to TE. He was an all state WR in Colorado before signing here and bulking up to DE.

On the plus side for Moses, I remember him as a bball player in HS and I thought he was fairly athletic.

I'm beginning to doubt that these numbers are accurate or up to date. I'm going to wait until camp has progressed and see what happens with these numbers and how and where they are listed. If you use the roster here, then go to GG Gridiron and check out that site as well, Edwards has three different weights. Alipate is listed at 235 at GG Gridiron (probably way in error). I would guess that using the roster in either site is not going to be accurate right now. A lot of this work is done by interns. Let's see what ends up in the game program for the New Hampshire game.

I have no way of knowing what is accurate or not, but usually gophersports is the most accurate and in conjunction with the football team. They've also JUST been adjusted this weekend after camp started and tweaked from spring ball and summer ball. I think Gophersports is the most accurate.

Top Bottom