Updated Expert Bowl Picks

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
As of today, here are the experts bowl picks. Pretty consistent I would say.

Rose Bowl
CBS News: Ohio State vs Oregon
ESPN’s Mark Schlabach: Ohio State vs Oregon
ESPN’s Bruce Feldman: Ohio State vs Oregon
Sports Illustrated: Ohio State vs Oregon
College Football News: Ohio State vs Oregon

Fiesta (or other BCS) Bowl
CBS News: Iowa vs Boise State
ESPN’s Mark Schlabach: Iowa vs Boise State
ESPN’s Bruce Feldman: Penn State vs Boise State
Sports Illustrated: Iowa vs Boise State
College Football News: Iowa vs Boise State

Capital One Bowl
CBS News: Penn State vs LSU
ESPN’s Mark Schlabach: Penn State vs Ol’ Miss
ESPN’s Bruce Feldman: Iowa vs Ol’ Miss
Sports Illustrated: Penn State vs LSU
College Football News: Penn State vs LSU

Outback Bowl
CBS News: Wisconsin vs Tennessee
ESPN’s Mark Schlabach: Wisconsin vs LSU
ESPN’s Bruce Feldman: Wisconsin vs Auburn
Sports Illustrated: Wisconsin vs Tennessee
College Football News: Wisconsin vs Ol’ Miss

Champs Sports Bowl
CBS News: Northwestern vs North Carolina
ESPN’s Mark Schlabach: Michigan State vs Boston College
ESPN’s Bruce Feldman: Northwestern vs Clemson
Sports Illustrated: Northwestern vs Miami
College Football News: Northwestern vs North Carolina

Alamo Bowl
CBS News: Michigan State vs Oklahoma
ESPN’s Mark Schlabach: Northwestern vs Oklahoma
ESPN’s Bruce Feldman: Michigan State vs Kansas State
Sports Illustrated: Michigan State vs Oklahoma
College Football News: Michigan State vs Oklahoma

Insight Bowl
CBS News: Minnesota vs Texas Tech
ESPN’s Mark Schlabach: Minnesota vs Kansas State
ESPN’s Bruce Feldman: Minnesota vs Texas Tech
Sports Illustrated: Minnesota vs Mizzou
College Football News: Minnesota vs Iowa State

Little Caesar’s Pizza Bowl

CBS News: *Marshall* vs Central Michigan
ESPN’s Mark Schlabach: *Louisiana-Monroe* vs Temple
ESPN’s Bruce Feldman: *Iowa State* vs Northern Illinois
Sports Illustrated: *Connecticut* vs Central Michigan
College Football News: *Connecticut* vs Central Michigan

I really don't want to see us play Texas Tech again. In my opinion, matchups versus Mizzou, Kansas State or Iowa State would all be good ones and games that many of us would like to see played regularly.

If MN beats IL we leap frog MSU and NW to attend a different bowl? Maybe those 2nd tier bowls are all the same?

At this point, I'd be happy to go back to Tempe. After beating up on a 1-AA team like we did last weekend I think we deserve to go to Detroit

So if we beat Illinois we are in the Champps Sports Bowl, or at worst, the Alamo Bowl. Man that Illinois weekend was a total let down, you could see the effects of it this past weekend.

Two teams we beat this year are going to be playing in those two bowls, that sucks. Although we would have gotten creamed in either of them I think??

Im assuming this is with a loss at iowa?

PLEASE, I WILL TAKE TEMPE

Assuming 2 Big 10 BCS teams, (OSU and either Iowa or PSU) and assuming OSU beats Michigan Saturday, the Gophers can do no worse then the Insight Bowl. If Michigan wins, which is unlikely, then either they or us will be in Detroit.

Well, can't say the Insight bowl would be too big of a disappointment after all the ups and downs of this season. I was REALLY wanting to go to San Antonio this year though! Maybe they'll reverse course and take us over MSU after screwing us over all those years (including the last time they took MSU over us...what a yawn-fest that game was)?? Ummm...probably not. :mad:

Apparently (this is something we heard from the director of the marching band today) there is an outside chance of the Alamo Bowl. A few years ago the Alamo Bowl had a chance to take Michigan State, and they did after MSU promised 15,000 fans at the game...Game time rolls around, only about 4,000 show up so Alamo isn't likely to want MSU again. This is all speculation, of course, but wouldn't that be nice?

You think a win over Iowa could possibly bump us up? Since we beat both Northwestern and Michigan State, I think that a big win at the end of the season would propel us over them....

Apparently (this is something we heard from the director of the marching band today) there is an outside chance of the Alamo Bowl. A few years ago the Alamo Bowl had a chance to take Michigan State, and they did after MSU promised 15,000 fans at the game...Game time rolls around, only about 4,000 show up so Alamo isn't likely to want MSU again. This is all speculation, of course, but wouldn't that be nice?

WOULD be nice! And I'd so be there...along with about 7 other family members! Man, sipping margaritas along the riverwalk...now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Anyway, I'm really hoping the Alamo Bowl sees the light here--MSU screwed them over once already. Thanks for brightening my night...albeit with completely unfounded rumor, hearsay, and speculation!

If we actually beat Iowa, that would knock them out of a BCS game, and lets say MSU beats PSU (which would knock PSU out of a BCS game), and NW beats Wisc. We could win our way into the Pizza Bowl, because we'd finish the Big Ten in 7th place with only 1 Big Ten team in a BCS bowl. Having said that, I'm certainly rooting for us to beat Iowa!!

I'm as frustrated as anyone, but it is funny to think if we beat Iowa and then our bowl game, attitudes will be SO much different than right now. Not to mention the great momentum going into 2010.

any of those big 12 teams, with the exception of perhaps isu, will make it a very tough day for us in tempe..

You think a win over Iowa could possibly bump us up? Since we beat both Northwestern and Michigan State, I think that a big win at the end of the season would propel us over them....

I think that is possible. But we'd have to hope for a NU loss against Becky to put them at 7-5 and a MSU loss against PSU to put them at 6-6. If we win and this happens, we could potentially get into Champs or Alamo.

Top Bottom