Uniforms for Iowa

Otis

Reaction score
I kind of want to see the Gopher in full New Zealand mode and go all black. Forcing Iowa to be all white.

It’s a maroon out though, right?

So, all maroon with Gold face masks seems appropriate!

I kind of want to see the Gopher in full New Zealand mode and go all black. Forcing Iowa to be all white.

It’s a maroon out though, right?

So, all maroon with Gold face masks seems appropriate!
With all the Iowa fans in the stands, Gopher fans should all wear protective cups.

I’ll be surprised if we wear anything other than maroon from head to toe.

Thankfully most the seats around me a ST holders, so the Iowa fans will be surrounded. Not looking forward to them having the entire day to get lubricated. Flashbacks to the night games at the dome.

I'm betting on gold shiny helmets.
I think they're 'gone' for now.

They've traditionally had 3...maroon, chrome gold and then a third that rotated (assuming it was the same shells) between bright gold, white. Then they introduced black a few years ago.

When the unis were unveiled, they showed maroon, gold and white helmets. Were also told the black uniforms are still available this year. I don't think there's room for the chrome gold currently.

Is white/maroon/white an option this year? I think that's going to be a sharp combo if so and I can see the team avoiding yellow since the hogs will likely wearing black/white/yellow.

I think they're 'gone' for now.

They've traditionally had 3...maroon, chrome gold and then a third that rotated (assuming it was the same shells) between bright gold, white. Then they introduced black a few years ago.

When the unis were unveiled, they showed maroon, gold and white helmets. Were also told the black uniforms are still available this year. I don't think there's room for the chrome gold currently.
Yep, the Gold Chrome is officially out of this year's uni rotation.

Chrome Goldy was the best helmet the Gophers ever wore and ever will wear.

Chrome Goldy - White - Maroon (big away game look) was the best set in the history of the program.

I would pay top dollar for a game used one from equipment auction

Is white/maroon/white an option this year? I think that's going to be a sharp combo if so and I can see the team avoiding yellow since the hogs will likely wearing black/white/yellow.
Should be. They showed an all white set when they debuted

It'll be full maroon on Saturday I'm guessing since it's a Maroon out
Does wearing a maroon, meaning football colored, jersey give a team an advantage? I've gotta think there's some element that it makes it a bit harder for the D to see who's carrying the ball. Along those lines, can a team wear a uni where a ball is part of the shirt design?

My guess is all maroon this week as well.

I do wonder if they have dialed back the demands they put on the equipment staff.

We haven’t seen either Goldy design on the side of the helmets so far and even though they went “full banana” on Saturday, they did not swap out the maroon facemasks for gold ones. That would have really been the cherry on top of the all-gold uniform sundae.

Chrome Goldy was the best helmet the Gophers ever wore and ever will wear.

Chrome Goldy - White - Maroon (big away game look) was the best set in the history of the program.

I would pay top dollar for a game used one from equipment auction
I have a game used white helmet from the Brewster era. Thought it was a ridiculous way to to spend money back when I didn’t have much. It has always been proudly displayed in my house and was worth every penny.

I have a game used white helmet from the Brewster era. Thought it was a ridiculous way to to spend money back when I didn’t have much. It has always been proudly displayed in my house and was worth every penny.
I have one from that same equipment sale. A couple years later Jerry Kill signed it and it's still displayed around the house. It's super small...must have belonged to a DB or something. I can't wear it.

I'll be watching to see if they ever sell off the chrome domes and be first in line to buy.

My former barber from Dinkytown also cut Jerry's stubble and I got to meet Coach once. Great guy in that setting.

Jerry gave that same barber a helmet that matches the very small but signed description noted above.

I need to reach out and see if he's ready to part with it. I have a spot already picked out if it were mine...

My guess is all maroon this week as well.

I do wonder if they have dialed back the demands they put on the equipment staff.

We haven’t seen either Goldy design on the side of the helmets so far and even though they went “full banana” on Saturday, they did not swap out the maroon facemasks for gold ones. That would have really been the cherry on top of the all-gold uniform sundae.
It could be that they are making less work, but I think they also might just want to show off the new stock version of the uniforms and various combos before they start messing with the helmet stickers and facemask changes etc.

Top Bottom