Uni Watch

Ski U Master

Reaction score
One of the blogs I really like to frequent is Uni Watch and they recently gave "Oregon Treatment" to one team from each conference. Basically the criteria were that the team needed two distinct team colors that were not grey, white, or black because those colors are common to the new uniform movement that NIKE is doing. They created a new set of five monochrome unis that can be mixed and matched for tons of combos.

Interesting to look at and its cool to get the pick as the B10 team they created a set for.

Monochromes:
5108391487_af2f67d110_b.jpg

Mix & Match:
5108988100_4fb111359e_b.jpg

Anything with the black or the gray makes me throw up in my mouth a little. White is hit or miss.

Those are REALLY BAD.

First pic, upper right corner. Someone tell me that is not a baseball uniform.

As a Uniwatcher myself I threw up a little bit when I saw this today. Get rid of the black and grey and I can handle it. I hope we never go BFBS again liek in other sports...

The whole idea of this was to mock Oregon. The feature was called "Duck Mocks"

With the exception of Kansas St (I don't know why he didn't use Iowa St., the teams he chose had main colors that didn't include white, black or gray.

SEC -= Fla (orange & blue)
ACC - Miami (orange & green)
BigEast - West Virginia - (blue & yellow)

Minnesota was one of 3 teams that fit the criteria in the Big Ten (us, Illinois, & Michigan). Michigan's helmets eliminated them. The artist basically said our Wisconsin game's WFWS unis put us over the top for the makeover.

As a Uniwatcher myself I threw up a little bit when I saw this today. Get rid of the black and grey and I can handle it. I hope we never go BFBS again liek in other sports...

I think the point of the blog entry wasn't to encourage these types of uniforms, only to show what others would be under the same treatment as Oregon. In fact the blog often rips teams for the black for black's sake (BFBS) and the similar white for white's sake (WFWS), the latter of which the Gophers are guilty of recently.

Personally I don't like anything with the black, but the all grays are okay. I still think the maroon jersey/gold pants is the best look and all maroon is growing on me too.

The graphic is cool though with the stadium background.

i would guess if mike bellotti came to minnesota, the old fogies will have to get used to a newer style of uniform. of course, they may have to get used to rose bowls as well.

if it meant bellotti were to come to minneapolis, build a program to make minnesota the oregon of the big ten, return minnesota to the rose bowl and then hand the team over to the head coach in waiting, then i would take these unis any day. however, these mock-ups were not designed by nike--surely nike would do a better job than this. (i definitely appreciate the OP linking the article, though)

i think that the gophers have a lot of similarities with the ducks (as bellotti pointed out), but the primary similarity is the unique mascot.

Lets go for the black ones this weekend in celebration for Halloween...also, since it's a night game maybe ohio state won't be able to see us

Eh.

I don't like what Oregon does with it's Nike thing.. But at the same time, the players love it. And if it helps recruiting, then I'll take one for the team and be all for it.

That doesn't take away my feelings about having a uniform that never changes (even though it'll never happen.. Every coach that comes here changes it up).

And as far as those templates.. I like only the maroon and white helmet combos on the 'mix-n-match' image on the top row.

Anything with the black or the gray makes me throw up in my mouth a little. White is hit or miss.

Agree 100% on the Black and Gray. I however actually like the white. Remember, we basically wore maroon and white during the glory years...

Top Bottom