Unenthusiastic P.J. Fleck

IrishGoph55

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like Fleck seems out of it? He looks like he aged 10 years since last season and seems uninterested. Maybe he really really needs the fans and media to be enthusiastic? I mean clearly our defense is trash and full of a bunch of MAC players (at best) but damn. Even his press conferences he looks tired n grumpy. Maybe personal problems idk. But we just aren’t a fun team to watch anymore, they just give me a stomach ache........ wish the season was just Covid canceled.

I feel bad for Bateman, he never should have come back.
Even he is playing like he doesn’t want to get hit. I mean can’t blame him. But ya I feel bad for him too. I just wish Tyler Johnson got more love last season. Helped Bateman a lot not see double coverage every play

Bateman might as well leave school and prepare for the draft. I doubt he'll go first round because that's not a Gopher football thing to do.

Even he is playing like he doesn’t want to get hit. I mean can’t blame him. But ya I feel bad for him too. I just wish Tyler Johnson got more love last season. Helped Bateman a lot not see double coverage every play

I was a TJ super-fan.

Fleck I wouldn't doubt is tired. Whole different environment and probably dealing with many other things that were not familiar with. He'll be fine.
I agree Fleck is probably tired and dealing with a lot of things he isn’t used to dealing with. But I also imagine that goes for every head coach in the country right now.

He needs to stop running around the field like he is some high school track star and stop reading his team children’s books —and than he will be ok—-I think!!!!

Does anyone else feel like Fleck seems out of it? He looks like he aged 10 years since last season and seems uninterested. Maybe he really really needs the fans and media to be enthusiastic? I mean clearly our defense is trash and full of a bunch of MAC players (at best) but damn. Even his press conferences he looks tired n grumpy. Maybe personal problems idk. But we just aren’t a fun team to watch anymore, they just give me a stomach ache........ wish the season was just Covid canceled.

No.
I think PJ's pretty steady.

I think he's frustrated by COVID which weighs on all of us.

Keep rowing.

Fleck I wouldn't doubt is tired. Whole different environment and probably dealing with many other things that were not familiar with. He'll be fine.
He and his $4 million a year will be just fine.

That is PURE Crap calling our defensive players a bunch of MAC players at best. Last nights game and points were not on the defense, last nights game the defense gave them a chance to win. It was the offense that could not keep the ball and score, that and the poor punting as to why the Gophers lost last evening. Defense was playing well enough in the first three quarters to win the game, right now the offense is starting to regress. Is this defense good enough to win games on there own no, but they cannot win with a turtle offense that does nothing but run stretch plays and relies on Mo Ibraheim to make all of the plays. Coaches are not uninterested and lack enthusiasm, it sucks not having fans or being able to get the stadium rocking. It is the pandemic we are living through. The Game last night would have been a lot better if Morgan could have made some throws and if Schlueter(plays his worst games against Iowa) wouldn't have kept getting beat by the Defensive end from Iowa, that was the game right last evening. The score was very disappointing because that was not one of Iowa's best teams, we should have had the advantage at QB and been able to make plays but Morgan just didn't have it in the Cold last evening. Just not a good game all around. Something is physically wrong with Morgan, you can see it, he is not the same guy when he is hurt.

Last edited:

Top Bottom