Under the Radar

EE_Gopher

Reaction score
It is unfair to say that Mason was better at finding players under the radar since that was the only type of star he got. But there, I said it. If Brewster is going to take advantage of the better high profile guys he gets, he will need to find the diamonds in the rough.

The team I am picking to win the Big Ten is actually Michigan State. I think Mark Dantonio is a good coach and they are out-recruiting Michigan right now. And their Diamond in the rough is Keshawn Martin. He single-handidly kept them in the game last Halloween. Rival had him as a 3* with a rating of 5.6.

It would be interesting to go down each of the 11 teams and find the top Diamonds in the rough and top flops.

I think McKnight is one of those kind of guys. He came on strong at the end of the year last season when Decker went out. His only other offer was Louisiana Tech. I'm expecting a break out year for him this year.

It is unfair to say that Mason was better at finding players under the radar since that was the only type of star he got. But there, I said it. If Brewster is going to take advantage of the better high profile guys he gets, he will need to find the diamonds in the rough.

On an absolute basis? Mason, no question. But that's only because, as you said, most/nearly all of his recruits were 3-star or less, and quite often we would have a lot of former walk-ons starting.

On a relative basis? I think you could match up the number of Brewster's "unheralded" recruits/walk-ons vs. Mason's, and the number of Brewster's that have panned out would paint him fairly favorably.

At any rate, it's a apples:watermelons comparison. Complimenting Mason's recruiting is like congratulating a UW student for all the Madison heifers he's banged.

The team I am picking to win the Big Ten is actually Michigan State.

WTF?

633716252838407560-Cocaine.jpg

Top Bottom