UNC saying it will not announce a starting QB or release depth chart before Minnesota game. Reason: Minnesota not releasing its depth chart.

I read on our message board that PJ Fleck never releases a depth chart prior to game 1 of any season, is that true?

I read on our message board that PJ Fleck never releases a depth chart prior to game 1 of any season, is that true?
Fleck releases the info he is required to and very little beyond that. He isn't required to issue a 2-deep so he doesn't. He is also very guarded about injury info and will wait right up to the Big Ten's required 2 hours before game time to release his injury report.

Drives many of our fans nuts but it is what it is. If they aren't going to mandate it, Fleck isn't going to do it.

PJ is tight lipped about releasing 2-deeps for practically every game, especially the bigger games on the schedule.
I'm sure that Fleck has his reasons, but I don't see how releasing your two deeps is a competitive disadvantage. Protect the ball, play solid defense and you will usually be OK.

In this case where there is very little if and competitive advantage it is kind of dumb in my opinion. Sometimes the coaches forget that this business, at its core, is entertainment. Not protecting protecting Americas secrets

In this case where there is very little if and competitive advantage it is kind of dumb in my opinion. Sometimes the coaches forget that this business, at its core, is entertainment. Not protecting protecting Americas secrets
It would be Minnesota's competitive advantage for both teams to reveal their 2 deeps if we're not even sure who UNC's starting QB is.

Unless you are gambling or especially traveling and buying walkup tickets to see a certain player
such as DT...it doesn't matter to anybody does it?
As a coach you prepare your team for all possibilities...even honest depth charts get derailed because of circumstances.
Just know: we are preparing for ghosts. We don't even know who their QB will be!!!!!! :eek:

I'm sure that Fleck has his reasons, but I don't see how releasing your two deeps is a competitive disadvantage. Protect the ball, play solid defense and you will usually be OK.
This year there probably isn't as we know who is starting at most positions already. I think it absolutely can be an advantage if a team doesn't announce who their starting QB is, especially if the QBs are completely different in style (one runs a lot, the other is a drop back passer).

Agree. Who gives a shit. It’s not like it’s the codes for Fort Knox.

And as always, none of anyone’s business. Accept and move on, or wait for the next exact thread and get spun up.

Top Bottom