UNC game close to a sell out.

That's always good for the program when you get a national primetime game and the audience sees a nice full stadium. I'm sure Coyle really wants to be able to have the announcers throw out we have a sellout here in Minn.

Wow. I’m gonna cry foul here. To me “close” to a sellout would be attendance in the high 40k range. Maybe, 48,000 or more. A week ago it was looking like we were headed to the territory of about 45k. Perhaps this is just a matter of differing definitions of “close”?

Need a good game to keep the students in the stands and have them come back in the future.

Plenty of tickets still available online, but the Box Office should know the typical walk up for the games, particularly this one.

Latest forecast calls for heavy thunderstorms at game time.

That may hurt the walk-up and actual butts in seats. Let's hope it's not a lightning delay game played late into the night in front of a diluted crowd.

Latest forecast calls for heavy thunderstorms at game time.

That may hurt the walk-up and actual butts in seats. Let's hope it's not a lightning delay game played late into the night in front of a diluted crowd.
87% chance of rain at 7 PM. Yuck.

giphy.gif
87% chance of rain at 7 PM. Yuck.

OK, I'll be that guy.

A "sellout" means that all the available tickets for a game have been sold.

It does not mean that everyone who purchased a ticket will actually attend the game. with almost every team, there is a certain % of "no-shows" - people who purchased a ticket but do not attend.

I would suggest that the term "packed house" is the better term to use. that means that every available seat is being occupied.

you can have a sellout without it being a packed house. but if you have a packed house, the sellout is assumed.

this has been today's chapter of "fun with words."

OK, I'll be that guy.

A "sellout" means that all the available tickets for a game have been sold.

It does not mean that everyone who purchased a ticket will actually attend the game. with almost every team, there is a certain % of "no-shows" - people who purchased a ticket but do not attend.

I would suggest that the term "packed house" is the better term to use. that means that every available seat is being occupied.

you can have a sellout without it being a packed house. but if you have a packed house, the sellout is assumed.

this has been today's chapter of "fun with words."
I don't disagree, but I will say we're more "honest" as far as this kind of wordplay than say Nebraska ...

Top Bottom