Uh Oh...

FarmGopher

U Grad
Reaction score
I just stopped by the new Goldy's Locker Room at TCF, and just as I was about to leave I heard a "HEY! NOOO!" I turned around to see a large moving van that had come to pick up the chairs from the Tribal Plaza ceremony today back right into one of the street lamps in the plaza. It knocked the whole thing over and smashed the globe on the ground. I felt bad for the guy backing up the truck, but he had two other guys in there with him, and they should have been behind the truck helping him back up. You can see the truck on the webcam if you look right now (6pm 8/17/09).

So when you come to the scrimmage on Saturday and see a lamp missing, you'll know what happened.

But on the positive side, the new Goldy's Locker Room was really really nice, and has lots of cool stuff. Seemed kind of expensive, but very cool.

here's a vid capture

Attachments

• oneshotimage.jpg
    oneshotimage.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 237

not cool at all

Hawkeye/Badger terrorists?

here is what is classic about this. for two years during construction you don't really hear of any incidents like this with giant lift trucks, fork-lifts, semis, etc. coming onto and off of the plaza. then these three yahoos (likely part-timers) driving a regular sized ryder rental truck start backing into and ruining sh!t all over the plaza. way to go.

you would think they can replace a lamp post or two by saturday wouldn't you?

I am willing to bet

that this will be repaired by Saturday. When you are showing off the place you want everything to be right.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that this will be repaired by Saturday. When you are showing off the place you want everything to be right.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

certainly hope so. important for the stadium and grounds to be wearing their "saturday best" this coming weekend with all the visitors.

still is annoying as heck though for some reason. guess it is like a new car. when it is brand new you don't even want anyone breathing on it funny! ;)

here is what is classic about this. for two years during construction you don't really hear of any incidents like this with giant lift trucks, fork-lifts, semis, etc. coming onto and off of the plaza. then these three yahoos (likely part-timers) driving a regular sized ryder rental truck start backing into and ruining sh!t all over the plaza. way to go.

I bet they were not Union construction workers!!!

How will I be able properly test run my gameday experience without this lamp post's presence? This is BS, first the $10 parking, now THIS!

Funny!

Consider the time of day this took place....

"Who's left in the garage? Cletus? HEY CLETUS... I've got a job for you, take Unit 5 down to the UofM to pick up a tent."

"Sure Boss... Hey, I aint never drove unit 5 before."

"Don't worry about it. How hard could it be?"

Top Bottom