UCLA has 12 receivers on the depth chart.

Reaction score
Seven are either juniors or seniors. Andre is the only one visiting this weekend. Plus, Mora just got an early committment for 2013 on a outstanding QB with several quality BCS offers. JMO, but not feeling real good about the Gophers landing Andre. He can walk in and play right away at UCLA.

Saw this tweeted last night. Elias McCarthy (5* DT) committed making him the 27th in this class. Making things even more interesting UCLA only has room for 17 in this class.

I should note that the tweet was from @ScottEnyeart a USC beatwriter so maybe take it with a grain of salt.

But it makes me wonder if this combined with their WR depth makes UCLA a tough fit for Andre...

Maybe Not

Saw this tweeted last night. Elias McCarthy (5* DT) committed making him the 27th in this class. Making things even more interesting UCLA only has room for 17 in this class.

I should note that the tweet was from @ScottEnyeart a USC beatwriter so maybe take it with a grain of salt.

But it makes me wonder if this combined with their WR depth makes UCLA a tough fit for Andre...

It could be the perfect fit for him. I suspect that there are a lot kids there with big egos.

McCarthy is now a Bruin according to Rivals

Mora cleaning house. McCarthy switched from Cal

I will not be surprised if he winds up here, UCLA, or someplace we have not heard about at all. It's like Baylor football, just have the ball last.

UCLA QB

UCLA has 12 receivers on their depth chart and no quarterbacks with any proven collegiate ability. UCLA ranked 11th in the PAC12 last year. I think the Gophers still have a shot.

McDonald is a talented receiver, is he thinking that he would not get playing time quickly here vs UCLA?

I doubt that, he will get PT early here, and he'd have to know that.

is 12 a lot or a little? It feels like a lot to me so I don't get why it matters.

is 12 a lot or a little? It feels like a lot to me so I don't get why it matters.

It sure feels like a lot to me too. And if 7 of them are upperclassmen it seems like he would not get a whole lot of playing time right away.

12 seems pretty standard to me....

We have 9 and 1 commit (Harbison).

I think the thing to look at is to look at the amount of production from the WR corp that they are returning. UCLA is graduating their clear cut #1 WR, and their third and fourth best WRs (by yardage).

There does look like there is an opening for a FR to step right in and contribute quite a bit at the WR position at UCLA.

I actually think it was a pretty decent hiring. It reminds me a little of when Carroll went to USC.

Top Bottom