UCLA Big Ten Era Begins with Lopsided Loss to Indiana

GopherMarroon

Reaction score
I could read this article even though it's a subscription paper. I think it gives a free preview. Don't close the link until you don't want to come back to the page:

"This time, there would be no coming back. There would be no shrugging off a bad first half. There would be no plausible excuses. UCLA was thoroughly outclassed from start to finish...."

Also see this:

10,000-15,000 Gophers fans are expected to attend the UCLA-Minnesota away game at Rose Bowl in sunny Southern California.

It's rather hard for me to grasp that a Coach's FIRST Big 10 win in Conference play could be at the ROSE BOWL.

Very surreal.

It's a combination of Indiana's better and UCLA is bad.

UCLA would be a dog in all of their remaining games as of today, including Minnesota at home.

Their next are @LSU, Oregon, @Penn St

Wasn't this supposed to be a guaranteed loss for the Gophers.

UCLA is in full rebuild mode.

Even the basics they’ve got to work on

Even in the PAC they would struggle.

Yeah, this is a really, really bad program right now.
They couldn’t even hire a real coach

Crazy.
Even if PJ was interested he took one look at reality and was no longer interested.

UCLA is a poverty program with a legendary old house that is dilapidated but upper middle class expectations. And no friends.

I could read this article even though it's a subscription paper. I think it gives a free preview. Don't close the link until you don't want to come back to the page:

"This time, there would be no coming back. There would be no shrugging off a bad first half. There would be no plausible excuses. UCLA was thoroughly outclassed from start to finish...."

Also see this:

10,000-15,000 Gophers fans are expected to attend the UCLA-Minnesota away game at Rose Bowl in sunny Southern California.

Definitely thought about heading out to the Rose Bowl this year, but it’s Red River Week…

Might be a celestial bonus if the UCLA game is at night and it's clear at TCF.

A comet will become visible for the first time at night in the northern hemisphere the evening of the UCLA gameday on October 12. If it lives up to promise it should be bright enough to view due west on the horizon right over Minneapolis once the sun sets. The tail for this one could possibly stretch pretty far too (again) if it lives up to the hype.

Comets are very unpredictable but a cloudless Minnesota fall sunset would be just what the doctor ordered for this one from the upper decks. The comet should be visible for the rest of the week but it is thought to it will lose brightness pretty quick. The means really the 12th through 15th would be the best viewing without binoculars.

Time will tell. This gives "Sky U Mah" a whole new meaning. Go Gophers.

Might be a celestial bonus if the UCLA game is at night and it's clear at TCF.

A comet will become visible for the first time at night in the northern hemisphere the evening of the UCLA gameday on October 12. If it lives up to promise it should be bright enough to view due west on the horizon right over Minneapolis once the sun sets. The tail for this one could possibly stretch pretty far too (again) if it lives up to the hype.

Comets are very unpredictable but a cloudless Minnesota fall sunset would be just what the doctor ordered for this one from the upper decks. The comet should be visible for the rest of the week but it is thought to it will lose brightness pretty quick. The means really the 12th through 15th would be the best viewing without binoculars.

Time will tell. This gives "Sky U Mah" a whole new meaning. Go Gophers.

The UCLA game is in LA at the Rose Bowl, fyi.

IU looks really good and they could be an over .500 B10 record team. It's not out of the question they are 9-1 or 10-0 before going to Ohio State 11/23

Wish we played Purdue tho
Wow are we really drinking the Indiana koolaid?? No way in hell they go 10-0.

IU looks really good and they could be an over .500 B10 record team. It's not out of the question they are 9-1 or 10-0 before going to Ohio State 11/23

Wish we played Purdue tho
I guess no one told their new coach about year zero....

It was UCLA or U Clowns Lose Again (not to be confused with the University of Crenshaw turn Left at Artesia) so lets not get ahead of ourselves, but I've been impressed with the coaching at IU this year so far.

Again, amazing what you can do when you haven't given up before you started.

I guess no one told their new coach about year zero....

It was UCLA or U Clowns Lose Again (not to be confused with the University of Crenshaw turn Left at Artesia) so lets not get ahead of ourselves, but I've been impressed with the coaching at IU this year so far.

Again, amazing what you can do when you haven't given up before you started.
Weird focus on year one. I’ll give them and their new head coach his entire tenure to finish #10 in the country. By the way, look at Flecks record his first year, looks pretty similar to what Indiana has done so far. Whooped the crap out of a bad Oregon State team and beat two lesser opponents, we know how the rest of the year went.

Wasn't this supposed to be a guaranteed loss for the Gophers.
there's a tendency to assume Minnesota will lose to all unfamiliar major non-conference programs we perceive to have more football resources. Remember when most figured the Gophers would lose to Colorado?

This has been often proven false by Minnesota's great non-con record under Fleck.

They couldn’t even hire a real coach

Crazy.
Even if PJ was interested he took one look at reality and was no longer interested.

UCLA is a poverty program with a legendary old house that is dilapidated but upper middle class expectations. And no friends.
And a much cooler older brother.

When we win, will PJ claim it as our first rose bowl win since…?

Top Bottom