U Has Chance to Sway Iowa Commit

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
According to the twitterverse:

ZachJohnsonGI GopherIllustratedcom
When Robert Gregory visits Minnesota on August 6th he will be bringing along Iowa verbal Maurice Flemming Jr. Would be a nice flip for Kill.

Yesterday he reports news on the basis of misunderstanding a Twitter post, and now today he can't spell.

He's on a nice little run.

So does this mean Captain Kirk will pull his offer?

According to the twitterverse:

ZachJohnsonGI GopherIllustratedcom
When Robert Gregory visits Minnesota on August 6th he will be bringing along Iowa verbal Maurice Flemming Jr. Would be a nice flip for Kill.

Seems to me more like Fleming is trying to get an Iowa offer for his friend Gregory. I think Kirk has pulled offers for lesser crimes but I guess we'll have to see. I understand Fleming has been active in recruiting Chicago area players for Iowa's 2012 class so maybe he will get some leeway.

Seems to me more like Fleming is trying to get an Iowa offer for his friend Gregory. I think Kirk has pulled offers for lesser crimes but I guess we'll have to see. I understand Fleming has been active in recruiting Chicago area players for Iowa's 2012 class so maybe he will get some leeway.

How would Fleming going with on a Minnesota trip help Gregory get an Iowa offer?

How would Fleming going with on a Minnesota trip help Gregory get an Iowa offer?

Well, he could be trying to leverage Iowa by showing them he is looking around and he wants to commit with a teammate as a package deal, or something to that effect.

Doesn't sound like a game Ferentz would really play.

Yeah, I hope he doesn't come to MN and use this method of recruiting kids to the U.

Do you mean "from" the U?

I think the last 5 to 10 years if not more, until the LOI is signed, kids are pretty much fair game in regards to recruiting. McDonald gave a solid verbal to the U then all of a sudden OS and Iowa come knocking on the door and he goes to soft verbal. Not holding it against him, it is the nature of the recruiting battle itself...goes with the territory.

Well, he could be trying to leverage Iowa by showing them he is looking around and he wants to commit with a teammate as a package deal, or something to that effect.

Just to clarify - while Gregory and Fleming are both from Chicago and both play for Chicago high schools, they are not teammates.

Just to clarify - while Gregory and Fleming are both from Chicago and both play for Chicago high schools, they are not teammates.

Thanks -- I assumed and I now stand corrected!

Flemming has been trying to get Iowa to offer his buddy David Smith, also from Chicago. The gophers have also offered Smith. Any news on if he is visiting as well? Flemming and Smith would be pretty big gets for Kill.

Fleming just tweeted that 4* OT Ryan Ward from Illinois will be a Hawkeye. He definitely doesn't sound like a guy interested in switching commitments. Iowa and Wisconsin are putting together some nice classes early.

Fleming says he is great friends with Gregory and is just coming along for the ride for moral support.

Fleming has already visited Minnesota so this is no big deal

You guys are getting Pirsig. Kill is doing exactly what he said. Lockin down the borders!!

I have no firsthand knowledge of his plans, but I know that Pirsig has been sporting some nice Gophers apparel. Hoping for the best.

Do you mean "from" the U?

I think the last 5 to 10 years if not more, until the LOI is signed, kids are pretty much fair game in regards to recruiting. McDonald gave a solid verbal to the U then all of a sudden OS and Iowa come knocking on the door and he goes to soft verbal. Not holding it against him, it is the nature of the recruiting battle itself...goes with the territory.

I was just joking, speaking tongue in cheek.

Someone had said that Fleming was trying to get Gregory to commit to Iowa by coming to MN with him. I said, if he flipped to MN (Fleming), I hope he doesn't plan on getting other recruits to commit to MN by visiting other B1G Universities with them. I was joking.

Carlos isn't Panthertwat. When Pirsig does decide I expect Carlos or dpodoll to feast on crow.

Carlos isn't Panthertwat. When Pirsig does decide I expect Carlos or dpodoll to feast on crow.

Pirsig is going to be a Gopher. I don't know of a better source than Jonah himself. He wouldn't lie to me. He's not that kinda guy.

Top Bottom