U announces Football traffic adjustments

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per the U:

FOOTBALL TRAFFIC ADJUSTMENTS

Numerous traffic adjustments were implemented on Gopher Football game days to alleviate congestion and reduce delays when exiting campus. We anticipate that 4th Street will open to three lanes of traffic beginning at 17th Ave. by the end of October. Until then, we expect there to be delays when exiting campus between Oak Street and I-35W.

Beginning with Minnesota’s home game against USC on Saturday, Oct. 5, the following traffic adjustments have been made to help disperse traffic more evenly and decrease heavy congestion. Signal timing is designed to help traffic move off campus. UMPD and traffic control officers will also aid efficient traffic flow.

GOLD LOT
Vehicles exiting the Gold Lot on the east side of Huntington Bank Stadium will be required to turn right onto 6th St. SE to head east to 25th Ave. SE. All vehicles will be directed to University Ave., where individuals can head east toward Highway 280 or south toward I-94.

MAROON LOT & LOT 37
Vehicles exiting the Maroon Lot on the north side of Huntington Bank Stadium will have the option of turning left or right onto 6th St. SE. Vehicles that turn right exiting the Maroon Lot will head east on 6th St. SE and will be directed to University Ave., to exit campus.

Vehicles exiting the Maroon Lot and Lot 37 heading west on 5th St. will be directed to turn north at the intersection of 15th Ave. SE. All vehicles seeking to travel South on I-35W are encouraged to access the interstate from E Hennepin Ave. All vehicles seeking to travel North on I-35W are encouraged to access the interstate via Stinson Blvd. NE.

LOT 58
Vehicles exiting Lot 58 on the east side of Williams Arena will be required to turn left onto 18th Ave. SE. All vehicles will be directed to turn left onto University Ave., and will exit campus toward Highway 280 or I-94.

FOURTH STREET RAMP
When traffic is clear on 5th St. SE, all vehicles exiting the Fourth Street Ramp will have the option of turning left (north on SE 17th Ave.) or right (south on SE 17th Ave.). Vehicles that turn left (north) will then be directed to turn north at the intersection of 15th Ave. SE for access to I-35W and Highway 280. All vehicles seeking to travel South on I-35W are encouraged to access the interstate from E Hennepin Ave. All vehicles seeking to travel North on I-35W are encouraged to access the interstate via Stinson Blvd. NE.

For questions, please contact Gopher Sports at 1-800-U-GOPHER or email [email protected], Monday-Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm. If you need assistance or have a question on game day, please text 1-800-U-GOPHER (1-800-846-7437).

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom